Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Jools

The Brexit Thread

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Where is the BXP and Farage ? Come to that where is Jools? I'd almost missed ignoring the huge rafts of guff he copied and pasted!

They will get as many seats as I said UKIP would get last time.

Feckall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Where is the BXP and Farage ? Come to that where is Jools? I'd almost missed ignoring the huge rafts of guff he copied and pasted!

Telegraph seems to have the view that for some in the Brexit party the Tory's are Brexity enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I did say from the start that if Remainers blocked Boris then it would Parliament that would be blamed and not him.

This should have been self evident.

They didn't block him. He pulled the WA rather than have it scrutinised. Pay attention for goodness sakes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ricardo said:

They will get as many seats as I said UKIP would get last time.

Feckall.

I can agree with that ! Where is Farage hiding though. BXP can't just fold else what was the point? No they have to compete (with the Tories). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Not far from my expectations at this stage of proceedings

Con 330  Lab 209  LDEM 39  SNP 47

Do you believe this is how it will end up after five weeks of campaigning?

Impossible to say, as you well know polls are only a snapshot of what is going on and in any event have a built in error of plus or minus 3%.

I am looking at it from a betting perspective and as I remarked previously I have great difficulty in seein Labour poll fewer than 200 seats. If the spread betting index falls below that figure I will be an avid buyer of Labour seats.

The only thing that tempts me at the moment is selling LDEM seats at 45. I think a lot of the Remain vote will go back to Labour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Its not black and white Hermy

Yes, yes it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Herman said:

They didn't block him. He pulled the WA rather than have it scrutinised. Pay attention for goodness sakes. 

You are still under the illusion that the Labour members who voted for the second reading would have stayed for the third. It was never going through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I can agree with that ! Where is Farage hiding though. BXP can't just fold else what was the point? No they have to compete (with the Tories). 

I suspect most of the BXP ex Tory vote has already returned home. What is left is probably pro Brexit Labour as will be revealed if BXP stand in the northern Labour heartlands. I still doubt there are enough of them to gain a seat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have first hand knowledge that Corbyn supported the IRA. It is not nuance, as you put it

What is it then?

Because there is plenty of evidence out there that Corbyn was in fact a bit of a conduit in the seeking of peace in Northern Ireland and met just as many Loyalists as he did Republicans.

But don't let the truth get in the way of a Sun or Katie Hopkin's story. The same rag that the Royals condemn, Liverpool supporters condemn and most newsworthy readers condemn.

If you want to stereotype Corbyn as a Marxist then how about stereotyping Sun readers as fat, takeaway eating, bingo playing, homophobic., mysoginists EDL supporters?

Edited by keelansgrandad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

It does not matter who said it, what he's saying is true !

I'm already for Halloween, thank you. Enjoy it, I will.

It kind of does matter as he is misrepresenting the truth to suit his agenda. Not that it will bother you I guess as you have little comprehension as such things.

You are supporting a party that gives terrorists a billion pounds of taxpayer money and sells weapons to terrorists in Saudi Arabia to use on innocent women and children, so if I were you, I would be too embarrassed to even try to go down that route but clearly you don't have enough understanding to grasp the irony (or idiocy) of what you're saying.

Corbyn never killed anybody, nor did he support it - in fact when asked directly about it - he stood by his conviction and condemned the violence on all sides. You on the other hand are giving the Tory party a mandate to sell weapons to middle eastern terrorists to commit genocide.

I'm very much enjoying Halloween, the treat being that we're still in the EU and the trick being your attempts to paint Corbyn into a corner.

Please enlighten us as to your "first hand knowledge" of Corbyn supporting terrorists.... OR is it yet another made up lie that you're creating, like your imaginary girlfriend was "proof" your weren't racist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Is it fair to assume that our remain posters will be voting Lib Dem?

Nope - Unlikely to make any difference whatsoever in my constituency which is safe Tory, but I will be voting tactically based on whichever party has the best odds of beating them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Did Pearl tell you all about it?

Don't be silly, she's in America, I was on a ship and shipmate was from Haringey, Corbyn was a councillor there. It was then that it was pointed out to me what he was like. I've had my eye on him ever since = he's bad.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ricardo said:

So it was his fault that the majority Remain Parliament blocked it?

An interesting point, hmmmm🤔

It absolutely was his fault. He tried to act illegally and eroded all confidence and trust in the government. He tried Trump style bully tactics and it backfired. Had he worked collaboratively, and reached out to the other parties, there was enough will in the house to get a deal done. Hell, he almost got his shambolic and catastrophic deal through but ran off crying when he wasn't allowed to force it through without scrutiny. A reasonable timetable would have seen his disaster deal voted through commons, but he decided instead of a reasonable timetable for debate, he wanted to strop and have an election. 100% his fault, how can you blame anyone else? Parliament voted it through at 2nd reading - the political will was there, but JOHNSON blocked it himself by pausing the bill. To suggest otherwise is lunacy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I suspect most of the BXP ex Tory vote has already returned home. What is left is probably pro Brexit Labour as will be revealed if BXP stand in the northern Labour heartlands. I still doubt there are enough of them to gain a seat.

Good point but at some point Farage has to campaign - and our resident 'no-dealers' (whatever that may mean) - and anti 'split the union' and 'Clean Brexiters' despite being particularly grubby will peel away from what they will perceive or will be sold as, as Johnson's 'Sell-Out' deal - indeed of a type refused by May no less!

As to Labour - as has been pointed out before most of their actual voters where not in fact die hard Brexiters - even in Labour Leave constituencies (there were still Conservatives in Workington etc in 2016/7). That I suspect will lead to 'failure to launch' syndrome both for Johnson and indeed Farage in such places - Labour will be as you note more resilient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Nope - Unlikely to make any difference whatsoever in my constituency which is safe Tory, but I will be voting tactically based on whichever party has the best odds of beating them.

That will be true for many. I don't like Corbyn but in Norwich South although I'd like to vote LD it may well be Lewis. Problem is of course the idiots in our FPTP system then try to read too much into the vote as though you agree with their 'total' manifesto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kick it off said:

It absolutely was his fault. He tried to act illegally and eroded all confidence and trust in the government. He tried Trump style bully tactics and it backfired. Had he worked collaboratively, and reached out to the other parties, there was enough will in the house to get a deal done. Hell, he almost got his shambolic and catastrophic deal through but ran off crying when he wasn't allowed to force it through without scrutiny. A reasonable timetable would have seen his disaster deal voted through commons, but he decided instead of a reasonable timetable for debate, he wanted to strop and have an election. 100% his fault, how can you blame anyone else? Parliament voted it through at 2nd reading - the political will was there, but JOHNSON blocked it himself by pausing the bill. To suggest otherwise is lunacy.

Wishful thinking. The Remainers didn't want to give him a Brexit neither did they want to give him an election. In the end they realised they had boxed themselves into a corner and it had to be one or the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kick it off said:

Are you really that stupid that you can't fact check anything yourself? That is not Corbyn, you moronic ****. How do you even go about daily life with a level of stupidity that doesn't even equate to the ability to use google?

https://fullfact.org/online/not-picture-jeremy-corbyn-ira/

I CAN GIVE YOU LOADS OF LINKS SAYING IT IS CORBYN !

and it also says he was not at Bobby Sands’ funeral when it's been proved he was, he even signed the book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WhatsApp-Image-2019-10-31-at-11.31.51.jp

Jeremy Corbyn’s new election slogan doesn’t seem to be all that original. The anti-elite spreader of fake news who is mired in allegations of racism held a campaign launch in Battersea today is plastered with the phrase “It’s time for real change”. The only problem is he looks to have borrowed it from Donald Trump…

EIM4X_5WkAYNrbt?format=jpg&name=small

Trump’s 2016 campaign used the phrase many times to blast the media and corrupt elites. Sound familiar?  

Corbyn appears to have already done his own trade deal with the US President…  😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Good point but at some point Farage has to campaign - and our resident 'no-dealers' (whatever that may mean) - and anti 'split the union' and 'Clean Brexiters' despite being particularly grubby will peel away from what they will perceive or will be sold as, as Johnson's 'Sell-Out' deal - indeed of a type refused by May no less!

As to Labour - as has been pointed out before most of their actual voters where not in fact die hard Brexiters - even in Labour Leave constituencies (there were still Conservatives in Workington etc in 2016/7). That I suspect will lead to 'failure to launch' syndrome both for Johnson and indeed Farage in such places - Labour will be as you note more resilient.

BXP standing will harm Labour in working class constituencies and harm Tories in middle class constituencies is my considered opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't be silly, she's in America, I was on a ship and shipmate was from Haringey, Corbyn was a councillor there. It was then that it was pointed out to me what he was like. I've had my eye on him ever since = he's bad.   

Couldn't be that your shipmate just didn't like Corbyn could it?
Don't tell me, Corbyn used to sleep next to Karl Marx grave in Highgate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

That will be true for many. I don't like Corbyn but in Norwich South although I'd like to vote LD it may well be Lewis. Problem is of course the idiots in our FPTP system then try to read too much into the vote as though you agree with their 'total' manifesto.

Clive Lewis is nailed on in Norwich South in my opinion, although I expect he will get a reduced majority. I expect Chloe Smith will increase hers in Norwich North.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I CAN GIVE YOU LOADS OF LINKS SAYING IT IS CORBYN !

and it also says he was not at Bobby Sands’ funeral when it's been proved he was, he even signed the book.

I'm not interested in LOADS OF LINKS, Swindo, I'm interested in independent, fact checked, verifiable links that are honest and clear.

It's been looked into, in great detail by INDEPENDENT fact checkers, and they have verified that the man in question is Jim Gibney. I'm not sure what on Earth you are arguing about, it is objectively not Corbyn. Clearer photo showing it is Gibney (carrying coffin behind Gerry Adams)

DBG_MCvXgAAQZ8c.jpg:large

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Don't be silly, she's in America, I was on a ship and shipmate was from Haringey, Corbyn was a councillor there. It was then that it was pointed out to me what he was like. I've had my eye on him ever since = he's bad.   

Couldn't be that your shipmate just didn't like Corbyn could it?
Don't tell me, Corbyn used to sleep next to Karl Marx grave in Highgate

None of us in the Navy liked him due to his love of the IRA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Don't be silly, she's in America, I was on a ship and shipmate was from Haringey, Corbyn was a councillor there. It was then that it was pointed out to me what he was like. I've had my eye on him ever since = he's bad.   

Couldn't be that your shipmate just didn't like Corbyn could it?
Don't tell me, Corbyn used to sleep next to Karl Marx grave in Highgate

A wild ride of coincidences is Swindo's time in the navy. He just happened to once have a conversation, with somebody who not only knew who his local councillors were, but happened to live in Corbyn's borough, and happened to have had a detailed background on him. Swindo has used that single conversation as a basis for 30 years surveillance. This nonsense is about as real as his imaginary girlfriend, the instagram model who apparently wasn't even born when Swindo was in the navy but he has pictures of her stored on his "log" because he's a dirty old perv.

Edited by kick it off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clive Lewis is nailed on in Norwich South in my opinion, although I expect he will get a reduced majority. I expect Chloe Smith will increase hers in Norwich North.

I always seem to remember Norwich North being Labour and South was Tory. How things have changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I'm not interested in LOADS OF LINKS, Swindo, I'm interested in independent, fact checked, verifiable links that are honest and clear.

It's been looked into, in great detail by INDEPENDENT fact checkers, and they have verified that the man in question is Jim Gibney. I'm not sure what on Earth you are arguing about, it is objectively not Corbyn. Clearer photo showing it is Gibney (carrying coffin behind Gerry Adams)

DBG_MCvXgAAQZ8c.jpg:large

Perhaps Swindon was there with Pearl.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SwindonCanary said:

None of us in the Navy liked him due to his love of the IRA.

In 32 years, I have never had a conversation about my local councillors with anybody outside my immediate neighbourhood. Very strange company you keep Swindo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×