Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Jools

The Brexit Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Not really. One of the major reason you failed Brexit is because the stupid red lines crashed into the international treaty of the GFA.The Canadians, Japanese, South Koreans etc.never had that problem.

Yes really irrelevant. The UK can co-exist with Ireland without having to be in a CU.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

This election needs to be about Brexit because we have to resolve it for once and all. Dithering doesn't help anyone whatever side one is on. So no, let's concentrate on Brexit in this election, it's been dragging on for far too long

or " I'm just pointing out that it's not all good from any party, you just have to weigh up the good and bad and make a decision. " Swindon Canary

An argument in which I fully agree with Swindon.

RTB/Crank's suggestion is absurd as it is dangerous (quelle suprise). Are voters supposed to accept any other nonsensical shiite because a party advocates one particular policy in regard to brexit ?

Am i to vote for a party that wants to limit families to a maximum of 2 children because they agree with my thoughts on Brexit ? How much will I therefore accept solely because that party agrees to impliment my wish.

What does someone who agrees with all the Lib Dem policies apart from Brexit vote... and visa versa with the Tories.

A Tory voter in Scotland who is a Remainer and does not agree with 'independence' ? Vote SNP ?

Simply attaching brexit to the debate is a cretinious and stupid idea as not only does it cause confusion among voters but gives the 'winners' a supposed 'mandate' for anything else they intend to do.

If I vote for Labour in a two horse race with the Tories does it mean I agree with a policy to end all private schools ? Only a halfwit such as RTB/Crank would not see the danger there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Yes really irrelevant. The UK can co-exist with Ireland without having to be in a CU.

That's why that matter was one of the first and easiest problems solved, I suppose. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

“I’m going to support Lib Dems, Labour, Green, SNP, Plaid. I commit to not hammering any of them here.”

Blimey, she gets about a bit, registered in more constituencies than I am !

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the winner of my constituency is a nailed on certainly and an arch Remainer, I shall of course spoil my ballot paper.

At the moment I am practising drawing a very artistic large **** and balls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Van wink said:

 

“I’m going to support Lib Dems, Labour, Green, SNP, Plaid. I commit to not hammering any of them here.”

Blimey, she gets about a bit, registered in more constituencies than I am !

She's a student... 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Van wink said:

I’m going to support Lib Dems, Labour, Green, SNP, Plaid. I commit to not hammering any of them here.”

Blimey, she gets about a bit, registered in more constituencies than I am !

Imaginary 'friends' canot register, just as your 'mate' bagster could not vote in the referendum

but well done for posting so quick after my post

nice to know that giving the chain the odd rattle or two is not a wasted effort

ottherwise I shall depart before any more of your looney mayes start spouting more racist guff

but I shall leave you with a little ditty a variation of a song from Fiddler on the Roof - which could be your campaign song

 🎵Big bigotry

Big bigotry

Big big.................otry

We hate those d*rkies

as much as can be 🎵

ps **** Braine has resigned as ukip leader, perhaps you could apply 🤓

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

As the winner of my constituency is a nailed on certainly and an arch Remainer, I shall of course spoil my ballot paper.

At the moment I am practising drawing a very artistic large **** and balls.

That might be misinterpreted as a vote for ........

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bill said:

Imaginary 'friends' canot register, just as your 'mate' bagster could not vote in the referendum

but well done for posting so quick after my post

nice to know that giving the chain the odd rattle or two is not a wasted effort

ottherwise I shall depart before any more of your looney mayes start spouting more racist guff

but I shall leave you with a little ditty a variation of a song from Fiddler on the Roof - which could be your campaign song

 🎵Big bigotry

Big bigotry

Big big.................otry

We hate those d*rkies

as much as can be 🎵

ps **** Braine has resigned as ukip leader, perhaps you could apply 🤓

 

Serefe Bill🍺

Edited by Van wink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ricardo said:

As the winner of my constituency is a nailed on certainly and an arch Remainer, I shall of course spoil my ballot paper.

At the moment I am practising drawing a very artistic large **** and balls.

That'll be the new tory logo.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ricardo said:

As the winner of my constituency is a nailed on certainly and an arch Remainer, I shall of course spoil my ballot paper.

At the moment I am practising drawing a very artistic large **** and balls.

I'll walk with you to the ballot box if you need something to copy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

I'll walk with you to the ballot box if you need something to copy. 

Thanks for the offer.

I will bring a long pencil😀

(but no rubber)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Likely to be a cold day

May only need a very small pencil in that case😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bill said:

or " I'm just pointing out that it's not all good from any party, you just have to weigh up the good and bad and make a decision. " Swindon Canary

An argument in which I fully agree with Swindon.

RTB/Crank's suggestion is absurd as it is dangerous (quelle suprise). Are voters supposed to accept any other nonsensical shiite because a party advocates one particular policy in regard to brexit ?

Am i to vote for a party that wants to limit families to a maximum of 2 children because they agree with my thoughts on Brexit ? How much will I therefore accept solely because that party agrees to impliment my wish.

What does someone who agrees with all the Lib Dem policies apart from Brexit vote... and visa versa with the Tories.

A Tory voter in Scotland who is a Remainer and does not agree with 'independence' ? Vote SNP ?

Simply attaching brexit to the debate is a cretinious and stupid idea as not only does it cause confusion among voters but gives the 'winners' a supposed 'mandate' for anything else they intend to do.

If I vote for Labour in a two horse race with the Tories does it mean I agree with a policy to end all private schools ? Only a halfwit such as RTB/Crank would not see the danger there.

You lost the referendum and now we are clearing up the mess you Remainers left behind. It's taken us three and a haf years to get here and we kindly ask you to FO so that the adults can get to work delivering Brexit. 

And BTW, Brexit is going to happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Herman said:

If RTB can show his workings out I'm sure we'll be all interested.😕

Anyway, THIS.

 

Oh dear me. It's always about stopping the Tories, isn't it, Herman. Here's an idea for you lefties. Why don't you come up with some policies that normal, working people are interested in and would vote for? That would be a novel suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rock The Boat said:

Oh dear me. It's always about stopping the Tories, isn't it, Herman. Here's an idea for you lefties. Why don't you come up with some policies that normal, working people are interested in and would vote for? That would be a novel suggestion.

Commercial radio

Voting age lowered to 18

24 hour licensing of pubs

Pet passports

Abolition of 11+ exam

Abolition of dog licences.

Pedestrianization of city centre roads like Carnaby Street 

😀🤪

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Commercial radio

Voting age lowered to 18

24 hour licensing of pubs

Pet passports

Abolition of 11+ exam

Abolition of dog licences.

Pedestrianization of city centre roads like Carnaby Street 

😀🤪

 

It helps to have policies directed towards the future, not a list of all our yesterdays. Still, having abolition of dog licences and Carnaby Street pop out of your head does earn you bonus points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

It helps to have policies directed towards the future, not a list of all our yesterdays. Still, having abolition of dog licences and Carnaby Street pop out of your head does earn you bonus points.

It was the pedestrianization of Carnaby Street, rather than it's abolition 

But thank you for the bonus points 

You are absolutely right that that is a list of all our yesterday's, I just find it interesting as a normal working person that a collection of policies like that could be proposed by a small party and eventually become law 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Commercial radio

Voting age lowered to 18

24 hour licensing of pubs

Pet passports

Abolition of 11+ exam

Abolition of dog licences.

Pedestrianization of city centre roads like Carnaby Street 

😀🤪

 

what about dualling the A11, or allowing residents in France to vote in a referendum ?

finding Len or The Nightfly

maybe installing a cardiac unit at Stansted or introducing a campsite motion

allow euthenasia for the senile (brexiteers)

or simply speed up the investigation and prosecution of Johnson.......

.....as I have money on him being send down before Trump. and after today it looks like Trump is even further in front 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm elections predicton. Hung Parliament with tories making loses, but largest party while the lib dems's make large gains and labour on par. Outcome. A coalition goverment headed by Corbyn who will have made any deal/concession whatsoever to gain power. Que labour internal fight between a referendum and further give the EU what they want talks. Coalition collapses. Corbyn(if still around) tries to make any deal/concession whatsoever to have power. Outcome referendum EU and/or Scottish.

Sorry got a bit carried away with myself there. I generally see the public edging towards a middle ground swing towards remain meaning the parliment will take a more extreme swing to remain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

It helps to have policies directed towards the future, not a list of all our yesterdays. Still, having abolition of dog licences and Carnaby Street pop out of your head does earn you bonus points.

abololition of Carnaby Street ?

they'll be dulaling the A11 next

whatever is the country coming to, we'll be having another leader of UKIP at this rate 

though I'm not sure where they could find another bigoted small minded racist for the part.......................Stansted, perhaps ☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Btw which will be first?

Scottish Independence or Prince Charles as King.

Bonny King Charlie🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Hmmm elections predicton. Hung Parliament with tories making loses, but largest party while the lib dems's make large gains and labour on par. Outcome. A coalition goverment headed by Corbyn who will have made any deal/concession whatsoever to gain power. Que labour internal fight between a referendum and further give the EU what they want talks. Coalition collapses. Corbyn(if still around) tries to make any deal/concession whatsoever to have power. Outcome referendum EU and/or Scottish.

Sorry got a bit carried away with myself there. I generally see the public edging towards a middle ground swing towards remain meaning the parliment will take a more extreme swing to remain.

With the huge numbers registering to vote and such campaigns as ' #FckBoris ' in London 1278772.jpeg

 

with Best for Britain has launched GetVoting.org

 

the bigots seem to be 'caught in the headlights' as they were in 2017 when they were still trusting outdated polling and depending upon a rightwing media.....that was merely preaching to the convered, hence some of those relics from a bygone ear talking about a 100 seat majority for the Tories

The reality is that Lib Dems/Lab swapping votes will reduce the number of Tories elected where as the Tories/brexit Company swapping votes will err.......... reduce the number of Tories elected

And as was shown by Survation in 2017 it was those who firmly stated they were going to vote that gave the closer figure of the final result than the previous polling method of asking who will you vote for.

It will be far more about who will get their vote out' than how many are dim enough to believe the lies of either Johnson or Farage. So bookmark this page and see what did happen come Dec 13th

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Oh dear me. It's always about stopping the Tories, isn't it, Herman. Here's an idea for you lefties. Why don't you come up with some policies that normal, working people are interested in and would vote for? That would be a novel suggestion.

Good distraction. Got kinda used to that over the last few years.

Policies that could be popular rather than populist.

A large scale programme of house building, especially genuinely affordable and social housing. This'll take the housing market out of the hands of a small percentage of people, get people on the ladder and bring the cost of living down. It will also boost sales in shops and create more jobs.

Reverse tory cuts to police and social services that may help bring down violent and other types of crime.

Same as schooling.

Fund and run our NHS better. Fund the training of nurses maybe bringing back buraries.

Large investment in sustainable and green energies.

Scrap HS2 but divert money into funding better rail links in the north.

Work to stop the north south divide getting larger. Make it attractive for companies to relocate up there. Find ways to stop the money simply diverting to the south east.

Put inheritance tax on farm land, but only on large scale farms. Stop British land from being owned by offshore tax havens. Repeal any and all land enclosure acts over the centuries. Give land back to the people it was taken from.(This one is never likely, but it would be funny to see some faces if this came up in Parliament.)

Start up Leveson 2.

I'll think of others.........

 

 

Edited by Herman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Oh dear me. It's always about stopping the Tories, isn't it, Herman. Here's an idea for you lefties. Why don't you come up with some policies that normal, working people are interested in and would vote for? That would be a novel suggestion.

just as with medical people it is always about curing disease

and if you take your mind back to France in the early 1940s it was all about getting rid of the Nazis

yes the various resistance groups were split among themselves but they had a common purpose based on what the occupation was during to their country

similarly with the danger of brexit and the huge cuts to the social well being of the country, while knife crime goes up the Tories cut police numbers, banks are allowed to carry on unchecked while more and more working families have to rely on foodbanks

where the rest of the 'western world is investing in education the Tories have been cutting back, as they have with the NHS, the Forces, the Fire service etc... all the while selling off public assets cheaply

that and much else, is why so much of the next 6 weeks will be focussed on building for the future not living in the past

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×