Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Jools

The Brexit Thread

14 minutes ago, Herman said:

It's not over, there are plenty of things to fight against.

It is quite clear what Johnson,his government and the right wing press are trying to do to the country. A Trumpian/Orbanic authoritarian and dystopian ****hole is not the country people fought and died for.

Let’s turn it around Hermy, from the negative mindset that pervades this thread, how about instead of “plenty of things to fight against” try “ plenty of things to fight for” . It needs a small shift in outlook  but is far more positive (makes you all look less like a bunch of belligerent losers) and puts your mind in a more healthy place.

Its the way to make a difference, be positive, try to shape things in the way you want, whilst following the general direction your country has voted for, the alternative is you get nothing, which is not good for any of us!

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Every day is Brexit Fools Day until 31/12/2020.

Since we can still freely trade with the EU without any kind of paperwork or restriction, EU citizens can still come here to live as long as they arrive before the end of the year, and the EU citizens can stay as long as they want.

Van Wink has a funny definition of "we've left"

47 minutes ago, Herman said:

We're getting nothing so spare us your cod philosophy.

I tried Hermy, will leave you to fester.

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 19.08.44.png

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Its the way to make a difference, be positive, try to shape things in the way you want, whilst following the general direction your country has voted for, the alternative is you get nothing, which is not good for any of us!

Of course we're getting nothing, we've known that for a long while, factored it in and have no expectations of anything else. Whilst I'm not exactly overjoyed about how things have turned out, as I said earlier, there is a certain grim satisfaction in watching the Brexiteers squirm as their chickens come home to roost and they realise they are not going to get what they want or were promised either.

And while we're on that topic, whatever happened to the soft Brexit that you repeatedly claimed you voted for? 

Bad luck mate - but I'm sure your 'positive' approach will enable to you to rationalise the kick in the teeth you're going to receive into the advanced dental treatment that you were hoping and voted for.😀