Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Fwar, fwar, wiff-waff, bwar, b b b bwaaaaarrrrr!!! (Ruffle hair, say something racist (a few more elderly votes.))

Oh Boris, he's such a card.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Jools said:

Imagine Angela Rayner at the despatch box after a put-down by Boris - "Am I bovvered? Do I look bovvered?"  🤣

Hahahaha :classic_biggrin:

It's going to be such a fun five years ahead. Boris at the despatch box is going to wipe out which ever Labour clown wins the short straw. 

• Like 1

Trying to watch this is torture. If she's the heir apparent she comes across more like a club rep in Magaluf than a potential Prime Minister.

Edited by Icecream Snow
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

So Boris' first act as elected PM is to remove the protections on workers rights from the EU withdrawal bill.

I'm sure the working class voters who turned their backs on Labour to put Boris in power are delighted that Boris is using their votes to strip them of their rights and future protections.

It was all so difficult to predict as well, I mean who on Earth saw that coming... 😐

Like I said, the turkeys voted for Christmas again 🦃

Edited by kick it off

A big part of me now thinks sod them. They deserve all they get. It will affect me a bit but I am reasonably insulated from oncoming harm. I now have more work than I ever had thanks to brexiters willingness to make it harder to trade with Europe, my sectors main competitors being the Netherlands and France.I am reasonably indispensible at work being the only one that can do my specific job (I won't tell them that it is easier than I make out😉). I also have a couple of potential routes out if things get too stupid and some assets and savings that can cushion any fall for a while.

• Like 2

No. It will get done but the belief that we will still hold any cards is one of life's mysteries.

19 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

We don't have all the cards but we have enough to get a deal done !

Yippee, a s hite deal but you don’t care as you’re only a racist nutjob.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Loose an argument and go back to name calling. We are leaving the EU !   👍

Will you be doing your coundown to the end of January Swindon?

Don't think so, it was just to annoy remainers, but that battle has been won. and I've got a smug smile on my face, as it shows the rest of the country  feels the same.

I think care needs to be taken with terminology when talking about the possibility of the UK still crashing out without a deal. As I understand it, provided Parliament passes the necessary legislation, then the UK will leave on January 31 2020 with a Withdrawal Deal, on the money, where the border is, and citizens' rights. What could still happened is that the transition period, currently scheduled to end on December 31 2020, does end then and without a post-Brexit trade deal having been negotiated.

28 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

We don't have all the cards but we have enough to get a deal done !

With an arbitrary time limit Johnson will have to sign any deal the EU gives us or drive us off the same cliff we approached many times before. The proof will be in the details. Luckily a lot of people are not too bothered with details.🤣

9 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I think care needs to be taken with terminology when talking about the possibility of the UK still crashing out without a deal. As I understand it, provided Parliament passes the necessary legislation, then the UK will leave on January 31 2020 with a Withdrawal Deal, on the money, where the border is, and citizens' rights. What could still happened is that the transition period, currently scheduled to end on December 31 2020, does end then and without a post-Brexit trade deal having been negotiated.

My understanding too, @PurpleCanary. Johnson is going to work tirelessly to ensure that on the 1st February the EU gets everything they asked for in a WA, including the NI/GB border he said no British PM could agree too.

So in 2020 the UK has no cards to play. It will be good to see what the EU's negotiating mandate is, because that is the deal he will agree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SHRIMPER said:

Old enough and with enough life experience to spot a FVCKWIT and a LIAR when I see one. You fit both categories to a T.

Not hard, in this case

12 minutes ago, SHRIMPER said:

Old enough and with enough life experience to spot a FVCKWIT and a LIAR when I see one. You fit both categories to a T.

You don't come across as being old enough !

15 hours ago, kick it off said:

Dan Jarvis would be a very sensible choice to bridge the divide - Northern seat, mayor of Sheffield, Nottingham born, former military man and very competent and coherent. Credible and electable. Very understated manner but I think that would sit well with the Northern voters who don't like all the circus antics of parliament.

Clive Lewis, Rayner, Lisa Nandy or Keir Starmer would also be solid choices.

Jess Phillips would be a shot in the dark. She's more of a loose cannon - might work, equally might just explode in their face. I like her but not sure how she comes across to the electorate en masse.

Long-Bailey would be an horrific choice. Absolutely the worst choice they could make.

It'll be Long-Bailey then no doubt

For me Starmer or Cooper are the only two that could be seriously considered as potential leaders although Purple may well be right that they will go for the younger generation, even after seeing how well that worked out for the Lib Dems!

If they do go for one of the youngsters they really are fishing in a talentless pool -  Dan Jarvis looked to have the makings but seems to have wanted to become invisible for the last three years and succeeded pretty well, Long-Bailey as you rightly say would be an incredible and horrific choice, so.......

If they had one iota of commonsense they would have tried (long ago) to persuade Ed Balls to come back, although I can't imagine that he'd be interested even if they did.

3 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

If they had one iota of commonsense 

Therein lies the problem.

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Therein lies the problem.

Can't argue with you there 😀

Still for both of us I assume it's a purely academic issue, bit like speculating who the next Ipswich manager might be!

• Haha 1