Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

29 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Energy and Climate Change is to be split away from the business department, as I think it may have been in the past, hopefully we will see much more focus on two key priorities.

There is going to be a massive shake up in the Civil Service, well overdue.

Move the treasury to say Leeds, MOD to Newcastle and so on - and all their civil servants  - then I'll start to believe in decentralization and a less London centric govt.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

The people on this thread that lost this latest vote still have their integrity. They haven't got down in the gutter, they haven't resorted to posting fakery, they understand the real problems of the country and they don't pass the blame onto others.They haven't lost the political argument but find it impossible to sell it to people that can only deal in simple solutions. They haven't sold out their country, theiir families and the people already suffering for a quick endorphin rush from "winning".

Even in loss we are still on the right side.

And that is why you will always be on the losing side. People aren't stupid they know there is no such thing as free stuff. They also know that wherever the marxist experiment has been tried it ends up in disaster and poverty and its the workers that lose out because any body with the ability, moves out. I don't blame the young for being idealistic but I do blame them for not learning the lessons of history.  If they are really unlucky they may have to learn it from personal experience.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

People aren't stupid they know there is no such thing as free stuff.

If that were true then why did they vote for all the free stuff that the liar promised them?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

If that were true then why did they vote for all the free stuff that the liar promised them?

Because they believed he would deliver, all a question of trust, obvious init.

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Probably waiting for the free Broadband so they could find out.😀

Possibly, but still stupid enough to vote for the 40 'free' hospitals and the many other promises that will be broken, and more surprisely perhaps, to make themselves poorer.

Of course, this excludes the Tories billionaire paymasters as they are in the miniscule percentage of people who are going to get a lot richer. In fact, as someone pointed out yesterday, some of their key funders have already trousered a few billion since Thursday night although they have to wait until the New Year for the real money.

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Yes, it's amazing what you can do with the backing of nearly all of the major newspapers, massive funding off the wealthy elites, an extremely incompetent opposition, thousands of fake fakebbok ads, a weak (complicit?) state broadcaster and a very easy to deceive electorate. Bravo.

Please continue to believe 'it was the Sun wot wun it' as you will never learn from your mistakes. Of course, what you write is just another way of saying that people were too fik to think for themselves. The attitude that drives normal people away. 

And another thing, have you noticed that all those Labour supporters still in denial being interviewed on TV have such posh, middle-class voices? The working people of this country have deserted Labour, not because of the media, but because they have seen through the fake-intellectual, Islington-dwelling, Guardian-reading class who care more about Gaza than Grimsby.

11 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

and more surprisely perhaps, to make themselves poorer

There would have been no perhaps about it if Corbyn and his like had got in.

Edited by ricardo

9 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

So it was because they are stupid then, or perhaps just extremely gullible.

The striking thing about many on the left is that they sincerely believe that everyone who doesn't share their viewpoint is stupid.

2 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

The NHS is "free" (save for a nominal prescription charge and parking 😠)

Should we bin that then?

I am amazed that you think its free.

I wonder what they did with my 50 years of Nat Ins contributions.

Edited by ricardo

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

The striking thing about many on the left is that they sincerely believe that everyone who doesn't share their viewpoint is stupid.

I think you'll find that belief is very common across the political spectrum.

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

It’s outrageously arrogant but not a surprise and of course of little significance anymore.

3 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I think you'll find that belief is very common across the political spectrum.

It is but we have the good manners to keep quiet about it.😀

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Herman said:

The people on this thread that lost this latest vote still have their integrity. They haven't got down in the gutter, they haven't resorted to posting fakery, they understand the real problems of the country and they don't pass the blame onto others.They haven't lost the political argument but find it impossible to sell it to people that can only deal in simple solutions. They haven't sold out their country, theiir families and the people already suffering for a quick endorphin rush from "winning".

Even in loss we are still on the right side.

You lost the vote, you lost the argument and you never had integrity to start with. All the major parties committed to implementing the result of the 2016 referendum, but then a sizeable number of MPs lied and did everything to overturn the democratic result. How you cheered on here when the Libdems went to Brussels in their '**** to Brexit' T-shirts. How you laughed when Bercow overturned centuries of parliamentary procedure. How you gloated at your pathetic People's Marches. Not a sliver of integrity exists in your entire body. Stop blaming the Brexit vote for your downfall. Stop blaming the media. Your message has been overwhelmingly rejected from north to south and west to east. It has been rejected by the elderly and by the young. There was no youthquake. It was rejected by wealthy and it was rejected by the working class. 

It is telling, although overlooked in the fallout of the enormity of Labour's defeat, that Labour did win one   seat from the Conservatives in London. That was in Putney where houses start at £1million. But the Tories won in places like Sedgefield and Bolsover where you can still pick up a home for £100,000. That demonstrates that we are now divided in a way that has never before occurred.  Labour is the party of the wealthy chattering-classes. The rest of us are now Conservatives.

Edited by Rock The Boat
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I am amazed that you think its free.

I wonder what they did with my 50 years of Nat Ins contributions.

I'm amazed that you didn't notice the quotation marks around the the word "free"

The argument is that essential services are funded so that all have access 

2 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I'm amazed that you didn't notice the quotation marks around the the word "free"

The argument is that essential services are funded so that all have access 

Water, electricity, gas. All essential services. Not government funded.

Just now, Rock The Boat said:

But somehow they think Broadband should be.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

And that is why you will always be on the losing side. People aren't stupid they know there is no such thing as free stuff. They also know that wherever the marxist experiment has been tried it ends up in disaster and poverty and its the workers that lose out because any body with the ability, moves out. I don't blame the young for being idealistic but I do blame them for not learning the lessons of history.  If they are really unlucky they may have to learn it from personal experience.

I'm right aren't I?? That's why you have to portray me and others as some sort of extreme Marxists. I'm neither a marxist, Corbynite, lefty nor any other lame tag just someone against your dreary, idiotic, easy answer populist horse****.

So long buddy, I hope you get all the unicorns Father Bozo can get you.

37 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

27 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

No they aren't 

But everyone should be entitled to those services, in my opinion. 

🤣 🤣

Tom Baldwin versus Andrew Neil on election night ~ Starring Herman as Tom Baldwin:

😀

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

It is but we have the good manners to keep quiet about it.😀

Some of you do, your good self included, but some of you go much further with much more unpleasant abuse - traitors, for example, is one such description that has been bandied about very frequently, without any justification, in recent years on here and many other places.

Whilst I accept that is not really a very constructive way of debating to call people idiots or gullible, when @VW suggests that people voted for the liar on a 'question of trust' literally days after he completely broke a promise that he had restated endlessly in public, never mind all the other obvious lies and deceits he came up with during the campaign, I would suggest there's a reasonable justification to suggest they're either very foolish or extremely gullible.

I'm sure neither of us wish to re-hash the FPTP debate (again!) but if their only defence is that the liar was a less worse option than Corbyn then I would simply say Corbyn wasn't the only other option, so I'm afraid I'm going to stick with my original description.

59 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

ok, time for some light relief and a spot of German humour.

brexit greta.JPG

DB confirmed that Greta had travelled first class between the cities of Kassel and Hamburg. Greta responded swiftly, suggesting that DB had overreacted to her tweet by inferring that she had criticised the company for running an overcrowded service.

Contrary to their claim that she had spent the entire journey in a seat in first class, Greta said in a tweet on Sunday afternoon she had only been able to sit in a seat after Göttingen, more than four hours into her journey, and for the remaining two hours, before having to change in Hamburg for a further connection towards Scandinavia.

“This is no problem of course and I never said it was,” she wrote. “Overcrowded trains is a great sign because it means the demand for train travel is high!

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2019/dec/15/greta-thunberg-in-twitter-spat-with-german-rail-firm

Another RTB fail.

3 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Another RTB fail.

🤣🤣 - I've not been watching too closely in the last few days, is @RTB maintaining a 100% failure rate or has he slipped into the very high nineties?