Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

There was barely any Lib Dem vote to squeeze, don't get your hopes up.

Fair point. Should have looked it up. Even down to 0 wouldn't be enough. Have to hope Ukip take a lot of Johnson's vote😀😀😀

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Fair point. Should have looked it up. Even down to 0 wouldn't be enough. Have to hope Ukip take a lot of Johnson's vote😀😀😀

You might get IDS or Rabb though.

I'm sure you'd smile at that.😀

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

You might get IDS or Rabb though.

I'm sure you'd smile at that.😀

As Kevin Keegan once said "I'd love it......"

Raab, Bunkum-Donut, Rees-Mong, Patel, Francois and many others.

The scary thing is, when you think about it, Johnson is not the worst tory, by a long way.

34 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Come on CM lets have your guess, we are all equally in the dark.

Guess is all it would be - have very little faith in the opinion polls which seem to have performed pretty poorly in recent times. Nevetheless they have been pretty consistent for quite a long time, and although it seems inconceivable that a government as despicable as this one, with an such appalling track record in government could win another election ...........it appears that they're going to. I can't help retaining a faint hope that a combination of tactical voting and a late swing could still deliver a hung Parliament but that is an extremely faint hope.

This should have been the easiest election ever for the progressive parties to win but IMO the Labour party are entirely to blame for a debilitating mixture of stupidity, arrogance and tactical ineptitude which has effectively given this disgusting PM a completely free hit. Their timing was wrong, their strategy baffling/non-existent and their total refusal to work the other opposition parties even though they never had the slightest chance of beating the Tories on their own was mind-bogglingly foolish.

Still think it will be closer than generally predicted.

But short version of the guess - a small but sufficient Tory majority.

Edited by Creative Midfielder

28 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Not much about this is funny but it would be piquant if a) Johnson gets thrown out and/or b) the result exactly replicates 2017, so whoever is the Tory PM/leader has to try to get the DUP to swallow the border in the Irish Sea.

Since everyone else is having a go, a Tory majority between 10 and 17. And gawd help you...

13 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Since everyone else is having a go, a Tory majority between 10 and 17. And gawd help you...

Best of luck. I suspect some of those who are celebrating tonight will be less joyful in a few years' time, so enjoy while you can.

Edited by PurpleCanary
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

Best of luck. I suspect some of those who are celebrating tonight will be less joyful in a few years' time, so enjoy while you can.

Sour grapes

Just now, kick it off said:

Leave voters ****ing the country since 2016.

Aye. Not sure what to do now. This country is heading for a dark place and getting there even quicker now. These aren't my people anymore.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Aye. Not sure what to do now. This country is heading for a dark place and getting there even quicker now. These aren't my people anymore.

If nothing else - it's a lot warmer and less ****.

Image result for australia

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Sour grapes

Not at all. I never called for the result of the referendum to be overturned, and I expected a Tory victory once May quit. Just a prediction I think will come true.

And I suspect you may be among those who will find they sense of joy greatly diminishing as the years roll on under a Johnson prime ministership, with an economically catastrophic  Brexit nowhere near the semi-soft version you said you wanted, and with the rest of the business of government equally mismanaged.

Edited by PurpleCanary

It shows people didn't know what they were voting for - and just to prove it they've done it again. :classic_biggrin: