Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

So 'foolish' Bill , if you are predicting, what about the next Election 

I'm not, unless you have any evidence to show I am

ps 'We will never leave the EU. '

another of your lies

2 hours ago, Bill said:

one of the many idiotic bleas from te brexiteers has been how good for he UK has been a salling pound, however

" "Certainly we've seen over the past few months a number of UK companies succumbing to foreign investors who are looking at the valuation in sterling terms and finding them very attractive, Greene King being one of them, Merlin Entertainment and now we have Sophos which has been snapped up by a US private equity firm. "

which roughly equates to UK companies being snapped up cheaply - and as with Cadbury's sale to Kraft which often means no more than an asset stripping exercise whereby production is moved over seas.... or 'taking back control' as they would have it

it also confuses the simpletons as they read into companies being sold like this as 'foreign investment'

only once brexit has finally been ended will we be able to count the true cost of the damage already done, and the ong term damege that will be paid.

Another sad and tired attempt at straw-clutching as it slowly dawns on you that everything you've said on here over the past three years slips through your old fingers and turns to dust as we sail off to the golden land of Brexit leaving you behind in your dank, wretched hovel polishing the blood-encrusted jackboots of your EU masters.

"Flushed out with the sewage?!"

But at least it'll be good old lumpy British sewage...not that EU sewage they force us to treat prior to discharge. 💩🇬🇧🤪

Apples 

• Haha 2

So if the Prime Minister comes back with an agreement tonight that puts an EU / UK border in the Irish Sea, leaving Northern Ireland within the EU customs union, will the Brexit Party support that ? (I can't write vote for that, as they have no MPs) Or would that be a BRINO - BRexit In Name Only... ????

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

So if the Prime Minister comes back with an agreement tonight that puts an EU / UK border in the Irish Sea, leaving Northern Ireland within the EU customs union, will the Brexit Party support that ? (I can't write vote for that, as they have no MPs) Or would that be a BRINO - BRexit In Name Only... ????

The mood music/signs seem very mixed as to whether a deal is likely. But the question is whether the DUP would vote for what seems to be in the possible offing. If the DUP is happy (a guess would be that they will not be) then the ERG will be happy, which goes a fair way to Johnson getting a majority. But far enough? Either way, this does not look to me like a BRINO.

I reckon it was sorted weeks ago and they are in some fancy restaurant, going through the card and smoking big fat havanas and drinking a hundred years old Brandy..

Then all will appear before the cameras telling us they have worked themselves into a frenzy and after all the hard work it would be disappointing if it was not acceptable.

Looks like a generous offer in the offing to Arlene!

Come on, Arlene, oh I swear (what he means)
At this moment, you mean everything
You in that dress, my thoughts I confess
Verge on dirty
Ah, come on, Arlene.

Edited by Van wink

We will see what happens. Boris Johnson has not brought back his bit of paper just yet. When he does Parliament can vote on it, as Parliament, as we have discussed many times, is sovereign. 

What's amusing me is that Johnson's true colours are showing through. He has to get a deal to save his skin - well at leasts for a week and is caving into the Irish Sea CU/SM border - which was proposed last February by the EU ! So much for the EU will cave in at the last moment. If it can be supported by the DUP and ERG is any-bodies guess but even so it will still have to pass Parliament - which I still think unlikely without a 2nd ref or full CU tagged on for Labour MPs!

13 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

You know I can't go back that far, to give you a direct quote, as Pete's taken all the pages away but I can give you a samples

Use Google cache. ..you can still find some of the old pages that way, even if they aren't complete

41 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

What's amusing me is that Johnson's true colours are showing through. He has to get a deal to save his skin - well at leasts for a week and is caving into the Irish Sea CU/SM border - which was proposed last February by the EU ! So much for the EU will cave in at the last moment. If it can be supported by the DUP and ERG is any-bodies guess but even so it will still have to pass Parliament - which I still think unlikely without a 2nd ref or full CU tagged on for Labour MPs!

14 minutes ago, Herman said:

Frankly I dont think the DUP will wear it.

They would rather Remain than split or be semi-detached from the rest of the UK. Hence I dont see Johnson getting his Brexit through parliament without some concessions to Labour.

And that could kill Brexit completely or be CU.

A SM/CU softer brexit I think would get through parliament quite easily. Just to appease the extremists May,and now Johnson, have made a brexit that's any good for the UK impossible. People may cheer, if Johnson waves a bit of paper, but what he is offering by the looks of it, is poor.

As to the DUP, with Norn Iron politics being as volatile as they are, for their own safety , I can't see them softening and agreeing to a border between us.

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Tears before bedtime😔

Mark "Super Army Soldier" Francois' by the looks of it.

26 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

If wonder if Boris is singing "Come on Arlene"?

He'll be singing it or doing it.

Good words from Best For Britain. 

"Although Brexiters know what they voted for, they are waiting to hear from Johnson to find out what they voted for." 

• Like 1

It seems to me Johnsons latest Brexit wheeze is suffering from 'Contact with Reality' syndrome again. You would think they'd (The Tories) would of learnt by now.

15 hours ago, ricardo said:

Nearly there Herman😀

I fear you, and many other deluded souls, are about to be disappointed ..... yet again 😥