Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

15 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Let's face it, and own up, no Honda official has said that they left due to Brexit. I was right all along, As I was with us with us leaving !  

Honda have admitted Brexit was a factor in their decision.

Numerous people on this thread have pointed this out.

Now get your head out of the sand 👍🏻

You can believe what you want Swindon but the rules of public perception are very simple;  if Honda leaves after Brexit is publicly celebrated, then Honda is leaving as a result of Brexit. 

You may not think that is fair, you may wonder why people reject clear facts about the case. 

And if so, welcome to what the remain in EU realists have experienced for three years. 

Edited by Surfer

58 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Honda have admitted Brexit was a factor in their decision.

Numerous people on this thread have pointed this out.

Now get your head out of the sand 👍🏻

You remainers never give up do you? Give me a link where a Honda official says they left due to Brexit. I BET YOU CAN'T !

Has Brexit happened ? Why yes! ! say the Brexiteers. 

Are Honda leaving? Well ..... yes, say the Brexiteers. 

So Honda are leaving because of Brexit, says everyone else.

It’s very simple to understand. 

Edited by Surfer

1. 3 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

look who wants a link!

You can take as much micky as you like, but you have to admit it was not due to Brexit

Too late Swindon that boat has already sailed. Brexit and Brexiteers own everything now - the good as well as the bad. So just embrace that reality and highlight all the positive economic news when it comes.

Edited by Surfer

49 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Hope you get it Surfer, we are out of the EU no going back Boris will do it his way 😄

We ARE out of the EU then, OK. I was a bit confused about that, and so Brexit is done? 

Then everything that happens now is not due to the EU, it’s down to our Brexit and Boris? OK. 

I hope it’s all good and I look forward to hearing sustained positive economic and social welfare news which I am sure is coming very soon. I really do, it would be terrible to find out that this was a bad idea after so much money and political capital has been invested into it. 

Edited by Surfer
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Don't take any notice of that man, he's been wrong too many times

Physician, heal thyself.

1. proverb
    before attempting to correct others, make sure that you aren't guilty of the same faults yourself.
  • Haha 1

Oh, I am glad it was simply a wind up. Heaven forbid you are as stupid as you come across. You sounded like the sort of person that needs instructions on how to breathe.

• Haha 1

No you are right. Honda is leaving after Brexit was achieved, and you have your win. 

You should be celebrating that, maybe there will be more wins in the near future. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Surfer said:

No you are right. Honda is leaving after Brexit was achieved, and you have your win. 

You should be celebrating that, maybe there will be more wins in the near future. 

You have correctly identified the biggest Brexit problem. 

Whereas we can all argue about why lots of various companies including mine are relocating, reorganising or indeed closing in 'England'  - it seems there are very very few of merit or scale that are saying Brexit will help them!

It's all just a case of damage limitation and plan B.

35 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Breathe in, breathe out, repeat, ad infinitum.

Why did you have to tell him that!

• Haha 1

Yes but are Honda closing the plant and leaving Swindon? That’s what people want to know.... nobody cares what the global elite think, this is real world practical stuff. 

Is Brexit working for me and my local community?  You can see that can’t you? 

12 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Just to inform you,  I know Toshiaki Mikoshiba he's a top man in Honda Europe and he's also a member of Swindon Harriers like myself.

Surprised he finds time to jet in from the USA where he is Chairman and CEO of North America Honda, and has been for the last 4 years.

Also surprising you failed to mention that you know the guy in charge of Honda (previously head of their European division) during the numerous Honda discussions over the last 4 years.

Even more surprising (or maybe not) that somebody you "know" moved to America four years ago and didn't tell you as you still seem to think he's part of Honda Europe.

Some would say this is even less plausible than your Instagram girlfriend.

Seriously, why do you even make this ridiculous **** up?

Edited by kick it off
  • Haha 1

Looks like the only cake will be Marie Antoinette style

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-51526784

France has warned Britain to expect a bruising battle with the EU in post-Brexit trade negotiations.

French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian predicted the two sides would "rip each other apart" as they strove for advantage in the negotiations.

He also said it would be tough for the UK to achieve its aim of agreeing a free trade deal by the end of the year.

12 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Just to inform you,  I know Toshiaki Mikoshiba he's a top man in Honda Europe and he's also a member of Swindon Harriers like myself.

Have you got a picture of him and your instagram model girlfriend together?

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

Looks like the only cake will be Marie Antoinette style

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-51526784

France has warned Britain to expect a bruising battle with the EU in post-Brexit trade negotiations.

French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian predicted the two sides would "rip each other apart" as they strove for advantage in the negotiations.

He also said it would be tough for the UK to achieve its aim of agreeing a free trade deal by the end of the year.

Was he wearing a yellow vest?

42 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Have you got a picture of him and your instagram model girlfriend together?

image.thumb.png.073b0af2b043576e20ad69d87b0bf13b.pngHere they are supporting him at one of his recent events.

• Haha 3