Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

24 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

The decision was due to one single event, It was the trade deal the EU did with Japan !

So having believed or claimed to believe absolutely Honda's first statement, which nobody else was dumb or naive enough to believe, you are now saying Honda's second statement, generally accepted as much nearer the truth, was a lie...

33 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

So having believed or claimed to believe absolutely Honda's first statement, which nobody else was dumb or naive enough to believe, you are now saying Honda's second statement, generally accepted as much nearer the truth, was a lie...

The first comment was from the writer NOT HONDA

Edited by SwindonCanary

Petrol and diesel car sales ban brought forward to 2035

Yet BP’s priorities are on the $71 billion it is planning on spending developing new oil and gas oil and gas we cannot afford to burn,

Do you think they believe it ?

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Petrol and diesel car sales ban brought forward to 2035

Yet BP’s priorities are on the $71 billion it is planning on spending developing new oil and gas oil and gas we cannot afford to burn,

Do you think they believe it ?

Unless I'm mistaken, we still haven't developed electric planes or ships yet, so I can't see oil companies going out of business yet. 

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

The decision was due to one single event, It was the trade deal the EU did with Japan !

Trade deals are not completely beneficial then Swindo? Any UK/Japan trade deal would impact negatively on Nissan UK then, or a UK/EU trade deal would impact BMW UK. Or an Indian/UK deal impact Jaguar Land Rover.

The UK car industry is really up against it now, and leaving the EU single market and customs union is a fundamenatal risk bringing significant cost. At the same time leaving offers no benefit for the industry, as the headbanger's favourite economist Minford openly admits. The question is what is Johnson going to do to prevent it going down the tubes. Or do we let it go the same way as mining, ship building and steel like the Brexiteers seem to want.

• Confused 1

A balanced view

Dominic O'Connell, Today business presenter

Honda says the Swindon closure is not Brexit-related. Is this the unvarnished truth, or is the company simply trying to avoid a political storm? 

Honda has in the past been vocal about the difficulties a disorderly Brexit would bring, and the timing of the announcement, a little more than a month before the UK leaves the European Union, is curious. 

But the Honda statement makes no mention of Brexit at all, instead pointing to the greater forces that are reshaping the car industry. 

Honda is not, on the world stage, a big player, being dwarfed by the likes of Toyota, Volkswagen, General Motors and Ford. 

It needs to find the resources to invest in electric power plants and autonomous vehicles - a strain that has already led to its larger rivals closing plants and cutting jobs. 

Honda said it needed to invest in these new frontiers and concentrate its production resources where it could be sure there would be high volumes. 

Swindon, which has had one of its two production lines shut for several years and which makes only 160,000 cars a year, does not fit that future. Nor does an even smaller plant in Turkey. 

Brexit issues may be lurking in the background, but Honda's real reasons for closing Swindon are about the future of the global car industry, not Britain's future relationship with Europe.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I refer you to the transition period 😉

Is Herman transitioning!!!!!!!😲

24 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I refer you to the transition period 😉

Imagine what the **** is going to be like when we have fully left.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

I fear a few short-sighted mobility scootered RWNJs are going to cursing the border controls at Benidorm.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

I fear a few short-sighted mobility scootered RWNJs are going to cursing the border controls at Benidorm.

I suspect they already do 😀

48 minutes ago, Herman said:

That’s two non Brexit related stories you’ve over excited yourself about today, you’re in danger of crying wolf 😉

Edited by Van wink

23 minutes ago, Van wink said:

That’s two non Brexit related stories you’ve over excited yourself about today, you’re in danger of crying wolf 😉

What two are they?

Honda leaving Britain because of brexit was well covered by others.

A brexiter whining about queueing at an airport even though it is exactly what he voted for and will get, in spades, is brexit related and rather amusing i thought.

2 hours ago, Herman said:

BREXITERS ! 😀

Well it took a couple of weeks longer than I suspected, and it was the Dutch rather than the French, but welcome to the new world of not in a common market and not in a freedom of movement zone the UK voted for ..... and it’s just beginning. 

Edited by Surfer

5 hours ago, Herman said:

BREXITERS ! 😀

I guess he was one of the many who voted for a 'having his cake and eating it' Brexit - silly s*d, be a shame if he missed his flight  🤣😂🤣

7 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

So no quotes on Honda saying they left due to Brexit !

"We are leaving Britain because of Brexit."

Dave Honda, Honda HQ, Tokyo, 2019.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Van wink said:

Don't think so, seems to be the Brexiteers amazingly still crying and whinging, with the rest of us laughing at their stupidity.

I must say that now we're out, its much more fun laughing at their ongoing stupidity and delusions than it ever was trying to reason with them  😂

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Don't think so, seems to be the Brexiteers amazingly still crying and whinging, with the rest of us laughing at their stupidity.

I must say that now we're out, its much more fun laughing at their ongoing stupidity and delusions than it ever was trying to reason with them  😂

Enjoy, but get your facts right👍