Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

And very soon the UK will be a rule taker from the USA - an “organization” we don’t have a vote in, unlike what we gave up with the EU. 

The only important “friends” that the UK and America have at the moment are the people surrounding the President and the PM, both totally incompetent and vindictive and both hell bent on driving their countries to be a fascist “omnipotent leader can do whatever he wants” State. 

The latest piece of evidence of that - both are blocking specific journalists and news organizations from access to government briefings, BBC, CNN being just two. 

Edited by Surfer

15 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Another historic moment for Brexit Britain as we take our independent seat at the World Trade Organisation, sitting alongside our good friends from the USA. We're now proper players in global trade talks, instead of being rule-takers from Brussels!

As we take our Independent seat?  We have had a seat at the WTO ever since the WTO existed. You do know that don’t you? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Higher EU production costs exporting to the UK, plus tariffs on UK consumers the EU brings on itself, will obviously put up the sticker prices of EU cars sold here.While UK car prices remain the same.And the imports of cars from the rest of the world to a UK outside of the EU's Customs Union's often penal External tariffs (around 10% on non-EU produced cars) will look cheaper to UK consumers.The EU exports annually around 2 million cars here, we export to them around 800,000, and so our demand pattern will shift away from the EU produced cars, to both Buy British and rest of the world cars.

I just wonder why it took Nissan so long to realize that Brexit would increase their market share here, especially if EU car producers here, move production to the EU.

Is this why BMW have postponed the next generation Mini, while saying it is because of Brexit?

10 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I didn't write it, I copied and pasted it, I'll search through my history to keep you happy after I've had my evening meal.

'

No now, your food can go cold for all I care. And look for the HardTalk episode as well while you're at it.

36 minutes ago, Surfer said:

As we take our Independent seat?  We have had a seat at the WTO ever since the WTO existed. You do know that don’t you? 

I suspect @SwindonCanary didn't, although why him and @paul moy are so keen on us being "players" in this broken failed organisation I don't know either.

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Good evening.

The UK is indeed a founding party to the GATT 1947, and is an original Member of the WTO, in its own right. However, as a Member State of the EU, the UK's concessions and commitments on goods and concessions and specific commitments in services are contained within the schedule of concessions and commitments for goods and concessions and specific commitments in services of the EU 👎

As we all know the EU is pitiful in its performance in striking international trade deals and the UK's being an EU Member/Rule taker has hampered any progress we would have made in the last 40+ years.

The UK is looking forward to engaging with all WTO Members, in their collective efforts to strengthen the multilateral trading system.

👍

• Like 1

FRIDAY NIGHT: The moment the EU economy plunged over a cliff-edge

Following Brexit, the EU's share of the World economy plummeted in an instant

eu_cliff_edge_banner.jpg

© Brexit Facts4EU.Org / No.10

Meanwhile, even the Europhile IMF now forecasts the UK will grow faster than the Eurozone

When the UK left the EU on Friday 31 Jan 2019 at 11pm, a significant shift took place in the World’s economic tectonic plates.

Unmentioned in the mainstream media – and unmentionable in Brussels – the economy of the European Union dropped dramatically on Friday.

The Brexit Facts4EU.Org team has researched the latest data and we present a summary below in reader-friendly, layman’s terms.

The EU and their sinking feeling

• At 11.00pm GMT on Friday 31 Jan 2020 the EU became a smaller economic player in the World
  • Trade deals with the EU are now less attractive for other countries
  • As a result of Brexit, the EU will be just 17.7% of the global economy this year, according to latest IMF figures

eu_share_world_econ_040220.jpg

© Brexit Facts4EU.Org - click to enlarge

The UK and that growing feeling – it’s positive for Brexit Britain

As we reported last month, the strongly Europhile and anti-Brexit IMF (International Monetary Fund) has updated its growth forecasts for last year and the next two years.

Brexit Britain is now forecast to grow faster than the Eurozone, faster than Germany, and faster than France. The IMF now predicts that the only two G7 advanced economies to outpace Britain will be the United States and Canada.

imf_gdp_forecasts_200120.jpg

© Brexit Facts4EU.Org - click to enlarge

It is getting worse for the EU on the World stage

Following the EU Referendum in the UK in 2016, the EU suddenly became sensitive to the criticism from Brexit Facts4EU.Org and some other organisations about its awful performance in striking international trade deals. This is an area of “exclusive competence” for the EU Commission, which means that member states are unable to do their own trade deals.

Despite having an extremist-Europhile US President in Barack Obama, the EU was unable to conclude a deal with the largest economy in the World before he left office. To this day the EU still has no trade deal with the USA, nor any sign that this is likely any time soon.

Observations

At 11pm on Friday 31 Jan 2020 the EU suddenly became a much smaller place.

In an instant the EU lost :-

• Its second-largest economy
  • It’s second-largest national population
  • One of its two nuclear and military powers
  • One of its two permanent members of the UN Security Council
  • Its only member of the Five Eyes intelligence-sharing group

In the article above we have focused on the impact of Brexit on the economic size of the EU, showing how the EU fell over its own particular “cliff-edge” on Friday night.

We did this because no-one else had done it. No doubt we will be told “Well this was obvious” by Remainers and by some Brexiteers. Nevertheless these things need to be said. It is interesting how often it is that it’s only when we have researched and published such information that these things become “obvious”.

Economics are only a small part of the story of Brexit. Still, the Remainer side mostly focused on economics for the past four years, so they might wish to reflect now.

The real story of Brexit, of course, was always about sovereignty and democracy.

[ Sources: IMF World Economic Outlook ] Politicians and journalists can contact us for details, as ever.

Brexit Facts4EU.Org, Tues 04 Feb 2020

• Like 2

Well of course the EU's share of world trade was reduced as soon as the UK left the EU.... that's blindingly obvious. 

What is also blindingly obvious is that now the Brexit dog has caught its tail, it has no idea what to do next - except bark. 

The next graph will show the reduction in the size of the EU fishing industry and the massive increase in the UK's by %age ............. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, paul moy said:

The next graph will show the reduction in the size of the EU fishing industry and the massive increase in the UK's by %age ............. 

A chap called James Bartram commenting over at the Facts4EU.org site has the right idea/s regarding fishing:

- We need 30% minimum of our seas to be strict 'no catch' zones. This needs to be done immediately. In these, and surrounding areas, fish stocks are likely to increase fourfold in 2-5 years. This increases catch numbers; and, as fish are easier to catch, reduces costs.

- EU boats will have to pay a licence fee to fish in our waters (UK income). Too, all fish caught by EU boats must be landed in the UK (thus we get the valuable processing costs - further UK income). Priority to fish, quantities and species, will be given to the UK fleet

- Only the crumbs will be left for EU boats (thus the UK fleet will expand over time, eventually eliminating EU boats from our waters).

- Thus the catch of EU boats will be smaller, and their costs higher. This will make UK product much more competitive in the EU market, despite tariffs (Note: these tariffs will make fish even more expensive for European consumers!). Too, the supply of certain species the EU likes, will be controlled by the UK fishermen, effectively a monopoly supply situation.

-  We can expand our exports to other nations - I hear Japan likes eating fish.

- Fish will also be a lot cheaper in the UK, and I would expect fish consumption (and variety, and consumer taste) in the UK diet to perhaps double in the UK within 10 years - (and from the healthier diet, [and too, more organic food], to greatly reduce the burden on the NHS).

- The government can now also provide tax incentives to fishermen (and processors/exporters) to grow their business, free of EU competition rules - this has to be better than paying benefits to depressed coastal communities.

-  A 'Buy British', and other consumer education campaigns (even putting domestic science back on the school curriculum) will help.

All common sense, really.

Edited by Jools
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

I didn't write it, I copied and pasted it, I'll search through my history to keep you happy after I've had my evening meal.

'

Are you still scoffing?

So how do our resident fishmongers suggest we change the British taste in fish? We import the majority that we like, whereas we export most that we catch. How are you going to circle that square?

4 hours ago, BigFish said:

I suspect @SwindonCanary didn't, although why him and @paul moy are so keen on us being "players" in this broken failed organisation I don't know either.

Yes, I mentioned this on the other thread, but the last round of WTO talks to get ratified was the Uruguay round in 1994/95 (with discussions spanning 1986-1993).

The Doha round which started in 2001 collapsed horribly, amongst other things, China trying to cling to developmental status when it's an exporting powerhouse, and the US being unable to contain or appease its farming lobby. Really doesn't bode well for a UK-US trade agreement, and the knock on effects for UK farmers trying to sell to the EU.

Then on top of that you've got Trump adding tariffs whenever and wherever he doesn't like something, completely ignoring the WTO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paul moy said:

sums up your posts pretty well, are those full stops/periods or do I need a microscope?

15 minutes ago, Herman said:

So how do our resident fishmongers suggest we change the British taste in fish? We import the majority that we like, whereas we export most that we catch. How are you going to circle that square?

416VV3Gqg8L._SX450_.jpg

2 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

sums up your posts pretty well, are those full stops/periods or do I need a microscope?

Your other half tells me you need a microscope 😀

🙋‍♂️ Please Jools would you change your picture? I am getting increasingly annoyed at that face on every thread. He's irrelavent now anyway. 

Please, pretty please? 🍒

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

No answers Jools. No surprises there.

And it comes as no surprise that you haven't read my post further up where I supplied James Bartram's comments on fishing that has already answered your questions 💤

5 minutes ago, Jools said:

And it comes as no surprise that you haven't read my post further up where I supplied James Bartram's comments on fishing that has already answered your questions 💤

But it doesn't answer his question about changing people's tastes

10 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

🙋‍♂️ Please Jools would you change your picture? I am getting increasingly annoyed at that face on every thread. He's irrelavent now anyway. 

Please, pretty please? 🍒

Mr. Brexit irrelevant! 😮 Hardly 👇

Nigel Farage: Brexit Sets Stage for Trump Victory, Just as it Did in 2016 - By Kurt Zindulka

Farage-Trump-640x480.png

Nigel Farage said that Brexit will act as a “good omen” for President Donald Trump’s re-election, just as it did after the referendum vote in 2016.

The leader of the Brexit Party, Nigel Farage, who is currently in America for the State of the Union address, said that Britain’s exit from the European Union confirms President Trump’s world view, adding that Brexit bodes well for President Trump’s chances in the 2020 election.

“The referendum vote was a very good omen for him in 2016, and I would have thought it was quite a good omen for him in 2020,” Farage told the Washington Examiner.

“Some people think it’s the most significant thing for Britain since 1945,” he said, adding that “it is a very, very significant break and it plays into the president’s view that the world should be nations, free-market democracies and not globalist bureaucracies”.

Mr Farage said that as he will no longer serve as a Member of the European Parliament, he intends to spend a lot of time the United States this year, joking that “it is actually easier to get to the U.S. East Coast than Strasbourg, which is bizarre”.

“I have a lot of friends here. It’s a great political year in America. So I expect to be here a bit,” said the former MEP.

Mr Farage said that he intends to continue as the leader of the Brexit Party, to serve as an “insurance policy” should Prime Minister Boris Johnson fail to deliver on his promises.

He will also establish a new think-tank and website entitled BrexitWatch to monitor negotiations between the United Kingdom and the European Union.

“I intend to watch the next stage of negotiations like a hawk, and I will pray to the high heavens that they are getting it right and will ring the bell of alarm if we start to get it wrong,” Farage said.

Mr Farage said on Sunday that he made a mistake in believing that Boris Johnson’s predecessor, Theresa May, would deliver a proper Brexit; however, he said that he will not make such a mistake again.

“I was so thrilled that we won … I actually believed Theresa May when she said Brexit means Brexit — very stupidly of me — and I think I gave the impression that I rather walked away. I’m not going to walk away this time,” warned Farage

1 minute ago, Jools said:

Mr. Brexit irrelevant! 😮 Hardly 👇

Nigel Farage: Brexit Sets Stage for Trump Victory, Just as it Did in 2016 - By Kurt Zindulka

Farage-Trump-640x480.png

Nigel Farage said that Brexit will act as a “good omen” for President Donald Trump’s re-election, just as it did after the referendum vote in 2016.

The leader of the Brexit Party, Nigel Farage, who is currently in America for the State of the Union address, said that Britain’s exit from the European Union confirms President Trump’s world view, adding that Brexit bodes well for President Trump’s chances in the 2020 election.

“The referendum vote was a very good omen for him in 2016, and I would have thought it was quite a good omen for him in 2020,” Farage told the Washington Examiner.

“Some people think it’s the most significant thing for Britain since 1945,” he said, adding that “it is a very, very significant break and it plays into the president’s view that the world should be nations, free-market democracies and not globalist bureaucracies”.

Mr Farage said that as he will no longer serve as a Member of the European Parliament, he intends to spend a lot of time the United States this year, joking that “it is actually easier to get to the U.S. East Coast than Strasbourg, which is bizarre”.

“I have a lot of friends here. It’s a great political year in America. So I expect to be here a bit,” said the former MEP.

Mr Farage said that he intends to continue as the leader of the Brexit Party, to serve as an “insurance policy” should Prime Minister Boris Johnson fail to deliver on his promises.

He will also establish a new think-tank and website entitled BrexitWatch to monitor negotiations between the United Kingdom and the European Union.

“I intend to watch the next stage of negotiations like a hawk, and I will pray to the high heavens that they are getting it right and will ring the bell of alarm if we start to get it wrong,” Farage said.

Mr Farage said on Sunday that he made a mistake in believing that Boris Johnson’s predecessor, Theresa May, would deliver a proper Brexit; however, he said that he will not make such a mistake again.

“I was so thrilled that we won … I actually believed Theresa May when she said Brexit means Brexit — very stupidly of me — and I think I gave the impression that I rather walked away. I’m not going to walk away this time,” warned Farage

Pretty irrelevant on the scale of things

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

It will come as no surprise that I don't read most of your posts. 

Obviously 💤

Over the last 25 years the EU has more than doubled in size from 12 to 27 member states, yet its economic output compared to global output has shrunk year on year.

Trade with 450 million Europeans living in a stagnant economy or trade with 7 billion people living in a vibrant, growing World economy.

Mmm.. 🤔 .. Tricky one 🙃

We trade with the rest of the world already. You are just desperately trying to find reasons for your stupid actions. Isn't it a bit late? 

In a couple of days he will be saying that we trade a lot with the US anyway so we didn't need to be an EU member. This is how these chumps roll. Keep on moving those goalposts lads. 🤣