Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

You are just being lazy !

You have a history of lying, you should be able to prove the stuff you post otherwise we'll have to assume you're reverting to type.

3 hours ago, Herman said:

"After tomorrow, Brexiters will use lack of sudden adverse consequences as validation... ...while not telling you this is only because of very transition arrangements they opposed as long as possible Just watch. Truth is, transition arrangements saved Brexiters from themselves."

David Allen Green 30th January 2020.

"One day in and so far: No food riots. No medicine shortages. No gridlocked motorways. No migrant camps in Kent. No collapse in house prices. No emergency tax rises. No world war. Weren't we told that "It's not Project Fear, it's Project Reality"?"

Daniel Hannan ex-MEP 1st February 2020.

We should never have agreed to a transition.  We've had years to sort out a trade deal but May agreed to stick to EU negotiation tactics as she was a closet remoaner.  I said from the outset we should have left and then negotiated the TD from a strong position but our strong hand was shown cards up to the EU by the traitors.  Now the boot is on the other foot and I'm pretty certain Boris is determined to go to WTO unless the EU drop their demands for fishing rights etc. which would never be in any normal trade deal.

Most voters want WTO anyway rather than give in to EU blackmail and extortion.

24 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Sure, we imported butter from NZ, but it wasn´t our only source, and I doubt we got "most" of our butter from there (Please provide stats if I´m wrong)

I would think it in our best interests to maintain good trading relations with the EU with respect to agriculture, whilst we develop new deals with other counties

8 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Sure, we imported butter from NZ, but it wasn´t our only source, and I doubt we got "most" of our butter from there (Please provide stats if I´m wrong)

I would think it in our best interests to maintain good trading relations with the EU with respect to agriculture, whilst we develop new deals with other counties

We got most of our food from the Commonwealth countries and ourselves, and not from the EU as the EU did not exist. 

Edited by paul moy

23 minutes ago, paul moy said:

We got most of our food from the Commonwealth countries and ourselves, and not from the EU as the EU did not exist. 

France, Germany, Spain etc. didn't exist until the EU was formed?

More ill-informed nonsense from Paul Moy.

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

Any facts to back up that statement?

You never have facts so why should Swindon........ sauce for the goose.....  LOL

• Like 1

Useless pair of time wasting ws. I'm done with you.

Edited by Herman

5 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

Just saw the faux Telegraph front page. Seems like there's no cake to eat !

I suppose the Brexiters need to get the blame in early. Won't change anything though. We are now a 'third' country as far as the EU is concerned.

The real world already catching on quick. I wonder how the UK (sorry England) will now have to change to compete - Singapore model, US model anybody? Really really wouldn't want to be unskilled or 'left'  behind in such a knowledge based non- manufacturing 'Minford' economy. 

"‘EU reneges on deal’ turns out to mean ‘EU maintains its longstanding position to which the UK agreed in the Political Declaration’. Not quite the same thing."

David Gauke in reponse to same nonsensical headline.

We've got another year plus of BS from the same people that brought us this farce. Never any responsibility will be taken.

1 minute ago, Herman said:

"‘EU reneges on deal’ turns out to mean ‘EU maintains its longstanding position to which the UK agreed in the Political Declaration’. Not quite the same thing."

David Gauke in reponse to same nonsensical headline.

We've got another year plus of BS from the same people that brought us this farce. Never any responsibility will be taken.

Well, it was remoaners that led us into this ridiculous deal so you can blame yourselves.

14 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Well, it was remoaners that led us into this ridiculous deal so you can blame yourselves.

Yup, now you have your precious Brexit, you still won't take any responsibility for it... 

...seems about right.

• Haha 1

Well done to Boris = the EU said negotiations will not start unless you give up the fishing right, Boris said No way, 👍

Now it's about Gib and the Spanish Boris again said No  👍

On the point of fishing access - The UK has a strong position (a rarity) due to the amount of fish in our waters. The other side to that coin though is that we export 70% of the fish we catch to the EU and if there's no trade off in terms of access to UK waters then I suspect they will simply make it very difficult to export fish there and catch them somewhere else.

Norway for example put a huge refrigeration warehouse in Gambia in exchange for access to their fishing waters - I know that to be true because I saw it when I was in Gambia - the unit broke down and nobody had the skills or the parts available to fix it so it was utterly useless after 6 months and the locals went back to smoking the fish (smells horrific) but Norway retained their fishing rights. It's not that hard for the EU to replace the access, they'll just go elsewhere. Pain in the **** for sure, but it's not like they can't find fish anywhere else so don't think it will be as much of a stumbling block as Boris hopes it will be.