Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Maldives

21 minutes ago, SHRIMPER said:

SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDONSWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON Please tell us if you took your instagram girlfriend with you, or just the five fingered widow you proven lying FVCKWIT?. That one ok Peter the Deleter? 

Don't be stupid, you know I have not got an instagram  girlfriend, and have you any idea where the Maldives are ?

Edited by SwindonCanary
people who can't spell swindon

22 minutes ago, Sparta Plastic said:

Not a proud moment for the fine city.  WTF is wrong with Brexit voters? They continually make me ashamed to be British

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-norfolk-51341735?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/uk&link_location=live-reporting-story

"The Queen's English is the spoken tongue here"

In Norfolk!

🤣

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Jools said:

Kai Weiss, Research and Outreach Officer at the Austrian Economics Center and a board member at the Hayek Institute knows his stuff: For the UK, however, Brexit means a unique opportunity to show how things can be done differently This was the promise of Brexit, after all: that with the newly gained freedom of being outside of the EU, Britain could chart its own course, and become Europe’s “shining city upon a hill”.

Concretely, this means rejecting the EU’s plans to implement a protectionist and centrally planned agenda of industrial policy, trade defence mechanisms, subsidy programs, and massive spending sprees under the Green Deal. Instead of implementing a British version of these plans, the UK could set itself up for success with a different vision.

This vision would be based on free trade and free markets, i.e. the vision of a Global Britain that many Brexiteers have advocated for years. ..the EU is planning to develop further trade defence tools with which to unilaterally slap tariffs on other countries, most directly China and the U.S. This protectionist posturing is also visible in the plans to implement a digital tax which would almost exclusively target U.S. tech companies.

On economic policy in particular, Britain could show how free markets can trigger innovation and foster economic growth. After all, the EU plans for an industrial policy and a massive European Green Deal are based on the conviction that the government should use its power – and taxpayers’ money – to direct the economy centrally and fund projects that it finds useful. It would be, in fact, a clear case of Brussels picking winners and losers in an ever more heavy-handed economy.

Britain could liberate its economy, now freed from the highly damaging Common Agricultural Policy  and the redistributional programs of the Cohesion Funds. Instead of an industrial policy, instead of new taxes, and instead of nationalisations, the UK could use its newly available resources for a comprehensive tax reform and could use its newly found freedom to deregulate the economy and spur innovation.

Leaving the EU to implement Britain’s own version of top-down and centralised planning would defeat the purpose of Brexit.

Margaret Thatcher warned that “we have not successfully rolled back the frontiers of the state in Britain, only to see them reimposed at a European level with a European super-state exercising a new dominance from Brussels.” Today, she might say that “we have not successfully left the European Union, only to see the same dominance from Brussels imposed in London.”

....the UK outside the EU could follow the Iron Lady’s mantra of “action to free markets, action to widen choice, action to reduce government intervention.”

Whoah there @Jools my friend. This is 2020, not 2016 when a free-marketeer could attempt to sell his delusions and get away with it. Weiss is clearly ignorant of UK politics and unaware that they have been reset, "the thing that ministers must not name on fear of defenestration by Cummings" is done, Johnson has a stonking majority that allows him to do whatever he wants, freemarket economics are discredited and out of political fashion. Effectively it is back to business as usual, or rather business pre-Thatcher.

Already the Tories have quietly dropped comittments to eradicate the deficit (although @paul moy hasn't noticed) or run a surplus, state subsidy is back in fashion to save Flybe, nationalisation is back for Northern Rail and tax cuts are cancelled.

And the future, a massive rolling forward of the state. 20,000 extra police, 50,000 extra nurses and 40 new hospitals are just the start. The digital tax Weiss deplores is coming to the UK earlier than the EU. The Chinese are underpinning 5G. The North will be "levelled up" by massive state investment directed by Cummings.

Johnson needs this to make sense of his Premiership, and he needs it quick. Not only that he has the power to make it happen.

Welcome to 2020, welcome to New England.

• Haha 1

Because there are far more thick people. It's quite simple maths piers. 

Edited by Herman

7 hours ago, kick it off said:

Did we leave on 31st October? Did Boris promise to? Did he say he'd rather die in a ditch than extend, before extending again (and unfortunately refusing to be true to his word and die in a ditch)? Did he say in the leadership debates that pro-roguing Parliament should not be done before pro-roguing parliament? Did he say there was no way any British PM should ever countenance a border in the Irish Sea before creating a border in the Irish Sea?

Explain to me how any of that is biased opinion rather than undeniable fact?

The supreme court followed the law of the land to the letter, as is their entire purpose. If you don't understand the basic tenets of the law in this country, or you don't like the laws, maybe you should find yourself a home in a country you're better suited to.

Bercow, the so-called supreme court (instigated by Bliar incidentally) and many others were all biased remoaners determined to frustrate Boris and he and we beat the lot despite overwhelming odds in parliament because we eventually got the Dec election to drain the remoaner swamp and return a massive majority. Bercow will not get his dream of House of Lords, the supreme court will be neutered and all remoaners such as Clarke, Heseltine, Sourby, Grieve, Adonis, Benn, and Campbell  are drowning in their salty tears. Karma is sweet and deserved and freedom and independence is amazing. 🤣

7 hours ago, paul moy said:

No, not joking at all.   I've been verbally attacked by remoaners at home and abroad for daring to state that democracy should be upheld. Even on an aircraft while talking to a fellow passenger, a woman in a seat ahead of me totally unprovoked shouted at me to shut up. Remoaners have no tolerance and I'm sure much of this will continue. 

At a beerfest last year a total stranger threw a wobbly while I was having what i thought was a reasonable conversation with him, when he suddenly went bright red and angry and launched into a loud vitriolic attack on me when I had the audacity to  talk about the scaremongering of the losing side.  

They are so aggrieved that they lost the vote, so sad.........  and it is clear from this BB that it will continue.

Have you ever considered that maybe, you're just really annoying?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

We want free trade, if we don't get it, then the EU are to blame

We will get a Free Trade Agreement of some description, at best with zero tariffs, but more likely with tariffs in certain sectors. Businesses are going to have to get used to generating export documentation, and potentially paying customs brokers to get goods through to the EU. All of which is going to add a lot of cost.

4 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Maldives

Don't be stupid, you know I have not got an instagram  girlfriend, and have you any idea where the Maldives are ?

SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO SWINDO. Don't be stupid. We know you do not have ANY sort of girlfriend other than the w'anking spanner. No self respecting girl would lower her standards enough to contemplate such a lying FVCKWIT as you. As for the Maldives, I have only been there once for a six week big game fishing break. Come to think of it it could have been the Seychelles,  or the Carbo San Lucas or any one of a myriad of other places I have fished for pleasure or commercially in the world. I have seen more of life than you ever could in ten lifetimes. Now go back to looking through your stash of pictures you lying moron.

Posted in a block of flats in Norwich. Quite a few on here who could fit the bill as the moronic brexiteer who posted it.

who.jpg

Edited by SHRIMPER

3 hours ago, SHRIMPER said:

Posted in a block of flats in Norwich. Quite a few on here who could fit the bill as the moronic brexiteer who posted it.

who.jpg

I'd love to point out to him that as a descendant of the House of Saxe Coburg and Gotha (conveniently rebranded "Windsor" to make it less German sounding) that the Queen is arguably more German than British.

3 hours ago, SHRIMPER said:

Don't be stupid. We know you do not have ANY sort of girlfriend other than the w'anking spanner. No self respecting girl would lower her standards enough to contemplate such a lying FVCKWIT as you. As for the Maldives, I have only been there once for a six week big game fishing break. Come to think of it it could have been the Seychelles,  or the Carbo San Lucas or any one of a myriad of other places I have fished for pleasure or commercially in the world. I have seen more of life than you ever could in ten lifetimes. Now go back to looking through your stash of pictures you lying moron. 

Do you realize I was in the Royal Navy, and been around the world 3 or 4 times 😛

Edited by SwindonCanary

8 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

I'd love to point out to him that as a descendant of the House of Saxe Coburg and Gotha (conveniently rebranded "Windsor" to make it less German sounding) that the Queen is arguably more German than British.

I'm just impressed that whatever xenophobic basement dweller created that managed to spell "Queen's English" wrong. Unless of course the new language of the nation is to be the specific dialect from the Queens borough of New York, in honour of our new overlord Trump

5 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

What a fine specimen of a human being.

I've just noticed he's spelled referendum wrong.🤣

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

😂 Yes, yet another rabid nationalist that can't even speak the Queen's English - it must be really infuriating for them to have all these immigrants over here speaking better English than they do!!  😂

12 minutes ago, Herman said:

😂

I think referendudum is a far better word than referendum and should be permanently adopted forthwith.

8 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Do you realize I was in the Royal Navy, and been around the world 3 or 4 times 😛

It's Lisa Stansfield everyone. Did you ever find your baby?

• Haha 1

"After tomorrow, Brexiters will use lack of sudden adverse consequences as validation... ...while not telling you this is only because of very transition arrangements they opposed as long as possible Just watch. Truth is, transition arrangements saved Brexiters from themselves."

David Allen Green 30th January 2020.

"One day in and so far: No food riots. No medicine shortages. No gridlocked motorways. No migrant camps in Kent. No collapse in house prices. No emergency tax rises. No world war. Weren't we told that "It's not Project Fear, it's Project Reality"?"

Daniel Hannan ex-MEP 1st February 2020.

• Haha 1