Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

33 minutes ago, wooster said:

Power of veto - think that went some time ago.  Keep up ....

Not at all, there are some very significant areas where the UK has (for another 90 minutes) the power of veto, admission of new members (Turkey?????)  being one. Could be wrong but I rather think that EU trade agreements also require unanimous approval which is going to be very entertaining when Boris starts spouting his blustering nonsense in the negotiations that he thinks are only going to last a few months  🤣

But Herman is quite right to point out the absurdity of the common Leaver arguments about the EU dominating\bullying\controlling us as if it is somehow seperate to us rather than a structure that we have been an integral part of for over 40 years, and a very influential part at that:

The British government has voted against EU laws 2% of the time since 1999

Official EU voting records* show that the British government has voted ‘No’ to laws passed at EU level on 56 occasions, abstained 70 times, and voted ‘Yes’ 2,466 times since 1999, according to UK in a Changing Europe Fellows Sara Hagemann and Simon Hix.

In other words, UK ministers were on the “winning side” 95% of the time, abstained 3% of the time, and were on the losing side 2%.

This is counting votes in the EU Council of Ministers, which passes most EU laws jointly with the European Parliament.

Much of the EU is the way it is because that is the way we wanted it to be and because it suited us economically - the Single Market being largely the creation of Margaret Thatcher is a prime example - ironic really.

The sad truth is that UK governments, especially Tory ones, have used the EU as a very convenient scapegoat for their own failings and the gullible have been swallowing this nonsense for years. No doubt they will continue to try and shift the blame for their own incompetence but it is going get a lot harder after today - they have 'control' now so we know exactly who is responsible when it all goes wrong.

Edited by Creative Midfielder

Another veto we had which the brexiters refuse to acknowledge. A veto on any "EU army". I wish some had spent the last few years looking at the facts instead of believing rubbish they read on Fakebook.

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Another veto we had which the brexiters refuse to acknowledge. A veto on any "EU army". I wish some had spent the last few years looking at the facts instead of believing rubbish they read on Fakebook.

Yes, we would have had a veto if anyone had ever actually proposed or planned an EU army but since nobody ever came up with such a proposal we didn't get the chance to use our veto 🙄

• Like 1

This is BRILLIANT. I have no idea who he is - some kind of Youtuber apparently.

Pinned Tweet

sYO4ss74_bigger.jpg

Now that Katie Hopkins can’t read Twitter, I can tell you that on Monday I made her fly to Prague to pick up a completely fake award. Video up shortly.

6:05 PM · Jan 30, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

So you do acknowledge you’re a racist? Well apologizing is a good first step I guess....

YOU WILL CHANGE ANYTHING AROUND SO IT LOOKS BAD ON ME

It will not work

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

YOU WILL CHANGE ANYTHING AROUND SO IT LOOKS BAD ON ME

It will not work

I don't have to, you look like an ignorant **** all by yourself.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Herman said:

The veto...yep...another thing the EU   will wither away and eventually get rid off, especially once Von Der Leyen gets settled in. Many things are not so far away from  changing in the EU..such as all the EU regulated on Central European time. Leaving the EU is not so much what has gone on in the past, when this nation  could have its say, but what will happen in the EU in the future. But whatever happens, we will always be close to Europe, hence the EU to. But Macron saying the UK cannot be in and out of the EU at the same time washes against the true nature of this nation and its people...we have always been in  it and out of it at the same time..thats the irony of it.

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

AND YOU SEEM VERY OBNOXIOUS !

Only to racist liars, I tend to get on with most people just fine. I'm not being obnoxious Swindo, I'm just bored of your constant **** about not being a racist and posting of things that are demonstrable utter ****e. I'm probably being a bit harsher than normal, but hey, this is new Brexit Britain and snowflakes aren't tolerated so I don't need to use basic social courtesy of not telling you what I think. You're a big boy, you can handle it. If you can't then maybe start posting something remotely intelligent instead of your stupid countdowns (Happy Halloween btw) and you might find me more courteous. If you aren't sharp enough to do that and you are indeed the snowflake you seem, then there is of course a block button. If you do block me, please say bye to Pearl for me.

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

1 will never block you, I'm enjoying it 😀 you are never right and I love proving what an OBNOXIOUS  guy you are :classic_biggrin:

OK good, so stop whining and accusing me of twisting things when I gave an example of when you were racist, and you didnt even bother to refute it.

I might be wrong about many things, but I am 100% right about one thing Swindo, and that is that you never dated the instagram model you lied about.

I might be wrong about many things, but I am 100% right about one thing Swindon, and that is that you never dated the instagram model you lied about. I'M WELL AWARE I NEVER DATED AN INSTAGRAM MODEL, AS I'VE ALREADY EXPLAINED

Just STFU Swindon. You post nothing relevant and are just a severe nuisance now. Go away and do something useful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

I might be wrong about many things, but I am 100% right about one thing Swindon, and that is that you never dated the instagram model you lied about. I'M WELL AWARE I NEVER DATED AN INSTAGRAM MODEL, AS I'VE ALREADY EXPLAINED

So your story was you just keep a cache of pervy pics of women young enough to be your granddaughter?

There are probably better defences.

49 minutes ago, kick it off said:

This is BRILLIANT. I have no idea who he is - some kind of Youtuber apparently.

Pinned Tweet

sYO4ss74_bigger.jpg

Now that Katie Hopkins can’t read Twitter, I can tell you that on Monday I made her fly to Prague to pick up a completely fake award. Video up shortly.

6:05 PM · Jan 30, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

I can't stand the woman but that is cheap to say the least

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Have they started fighting yet?

No fighting apparent, but they aren't half an 'orrible sight.

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Less than 9 mins to go and we will be out, shame for the rest of you lot, but great for me !

I don't suppose for one moment you can qualify that statement.

HALLELUJAH  !!!!!!!!  WE ARE OUT !!!!!! YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

LIFE BEGINS AFTER BREXIT !!!!!

FREEEEEEEDDDDDDDOOOOOMMMMMMMMM !!!!!   🤩😍:classic_love:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

No fighting apparent, but they aren't half an 'orrible sight.

The absolute worst elements of this country are now fully in charge. Sad day but keep on fighting. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

I’m not a violent person normally but I would love to smash this bloke’s face into a pulp 😡😡😡

Always remoaners threatening violence.  No surprises there as it denotes a lack of intelligence.