Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Why on earth did you bring up Soros in the first place other than to indulge in a bit of dog whistling? Bigoted old red neck.

23 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

All it is Jool's is reality not unicorns coming home to roost. You all got deliriously drunk on Johnson's and Farage's rhetoric and make-believe promises - now come the reality in the cold light of day and one hell of a hangover. Did we really say/do/that etc? Yes you did and the whole world watched and saw you in disbelief. Now for the bill.

The reality is, there's still a Remainiac Civil Service using the Huawei deal as a way to sabotage post-Brexit deals...

Drop the student politics and do some research, ffs.

1 minute ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Triggered 👆🏻😁😁😁🤣

Oh look - Pure, unadulterated sfb has decided to come back out of hiding 😀

We still await your post of adulation for all things Sadiq Khan 🤡

4 minutes ago, Jools said:

Oh look - Pure, unadulterated sfb has decided to come back out of hiding 😀

We still await your post of adulation for all things Sadiq Khan 🤡

No doubt if Khan had a white face and represented the party you vote for you wouldn’t be pointing out any problems.

We all know what you are, snowflake ❄️ 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Van wink said:

Indeed ....time to move on👍

I have, at least emotionally and intellectually although it's fair to say that physically moving onto the continent is still a work in progress 😀

38 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I have, at least emotionally and intellectually although it's fair to say that physically moving onto the continent is still a work in progress 😀

I'm not sure how old you are but physically moving to the incontinent might present more of a challenge.

6 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

It's interesting watching some of these comments that allow you to get a measure of some of the posters

We have SC - who 'retired at 56' when it sounds far more like voluntary redundancy and who also thinks it's a good redundancy deal for Honda going forward (as opposed to keeping the jobs for the future). Thirty pieces of silver comes to mind. Easily bought for short term gain.

In a similar manner we have PM claiming to have 'retired' early. The rest of his views need no more comment from me.

Jool's is just a parrot (with apologies to parrots - the are quite bright) for Guido. Anybody who just copies and pastes such large amounts of guff that few read. - well lights on but certainly nobody at home.

Finally  - we have RTB who really let his guard down with his outrageous comments on Albania. What depths !

For the record, old directors and entrepreneurs rarely retire 'early' - they just fade away into their dotage in an 'advice' role.

And we have you who held his nose and voted for the anti-Semite Corbyn. What does it tell us about you?

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

I'm not sure how old you are but physically moving to the incontinent might present more of a challenge.

You may well be right, each come with their their own specific but different challenges.  😀

However on the plus side, if I do turn out to be incontinent on the continent then the French are generally reckoned to have the best health service in the world so that would be yet another reason for 'moving on' as you originally suggested.

Edited by Creative Midfielder

6 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

The chef did make a mistake although it seems highly unlikely it is because he is an idiot - if you'd bothered to read past the headline then you would know that he found the Home Office extremely difficult to contact (where have I heard that before???) and when he finally succeded they apparently didn't even understand their own processes (no surprises there!) and gave him misleading and at times contradictory advice (no surprises there either)

It is the responsibility of the Home Office to process applications efficiently and fairly - they do neither. If someone fails to provide some element of the vast and unnecessary paperwork which the Home Office demands then the fair approach would be to inform them their application cannot proceed until it is provided, not jump at the chance to deny them their rights and shut the process down.

All this is before we even get around to looking at whether the 'requirements' are actually genuine requirements necessary to ensure that applicants are entitled to be granted whatever status they have applied for, or whether much of them are present purely to deter and/or make the process more diffficult for genuine applicants. I suppose I am an idiot to expect that our Home Office should act with either integrity or competence when its has been obvious for many years that they have neither, so I've I'll just have to take that one on the chin.

The Home Office can only work on the basis of the information put before them. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide that information. The Home Office is not racist if an applicant fails to follow instructions that are clearly laid out in plain English on a website. 

These procedures are the same for everyone and throwing around the word 'racist' like confetti at a wedding devalues the meaning of that word. Just because you can't fill in a form properly. 

23 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

And we have you who held his nose and voted for the anti-Semite Corbyn. What does it tell us about you?

You voted for a racist, homophobe and a habitual liar. 

Did you laugh when he referred to Muslim women as ‘letterboxes’?

What does it tell us about you? 

Edited by Hoola Han Solo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

The Home Office can only work on the basis of the information put before them. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide that information. The Home Office is not racist if an applicant fails to follow instructions that are clearly laid out in plain English on a website. 

These procedures are the same for everyone and throwing around the word 'racist' like confetti at a wedding devalues the meaning of that word. Just because you can't fill in a form properly. 

Jog on @RTB you are getting really boring now.

Or how about having a go at the 'incompetence' word that I've also been throwing around like confetti at a wedding and you've totally ignored??

Or shall we just agree to differ, you think that the Home Office is a model of good governance and I think that they are an incompetent, racist cesspit???

That seems a fair summary of our little 'discussion' which has been completely pointless. Silly of me really, it seems an awfully long time since you engaged in a genuine discussion, I should have known better than to try.

29 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

It tells everybody that you're just an idiot. No more no less and unable to grasp even the simplest nuance.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Van wink said:

CM

”I think you'll find that its the Home Office which has a problem of institutionalised racism, and has had for many years.”

Are there any studies or investigations that back that claim up? Are you referring to the Civil Servants who work in the Home Office? 

https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/books/book-of-the-week-the-windrush-betrayal-a4258311.html

45 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

You may well be right, each come with their their own specific but different challenges.  😀

However on the plus side, if I do turn out to be incontinent on the continent then the French are generally reckoned to have the best health service in the world so that would be yet another reason for 'moving on' as you originally suggested.

Moving on has many connotations 🤔

5 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

No doubt if Khan had a white face and represented the party you vote for you wouldn’t be pointing out any problems.

We all know what you are, snowflake ❄️ 

You seem to have the opinion that any one who disagrees with you is a racist, that makes it a lot of people !

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

You seem to have the opinion that any one who disagrees with you is a racist, that makes it a lot of people !

In your case it’s true, Swindo 🐭🧠 

A lot of people agree with me that you’re a mouse brain 😀👍🏻

Edited by Hoola Han Solo

You seem obsessed with calling me names, (I never do it)  Do you feel a sense of pride in doing it ?

There is no evidence that I'm racist or that my brain is the size of a mouse, give it a rest.

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

You seem obsessed with calling me names, (I never do it)  Do you feel a sense of pride in doing it ?

There is no evidence that I'm racist or that my brain is the size of a mouse, give it a rest.

Ok 👍🏻 but please give it a rest and stop being so childish 🐭🧠

Saw a lovely comment this morning on the new 50p.

'Roll up, roll up Brexiters - The new Brexit 50p on Special Offer - 3 for £2. Get yours  now!"

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Saw a lovely comment this morning on the new 50p.

'Roll up, roll up Brexiters - The new Brexit 50p on Special Offer - 3 for £2. Get yours  now!"

Swindo’s already put his order in 🤣🤭🤣

back to Brexit--- Varadkar is not talking up the EU because he believes what he is saying but because he is fighting an election and is currently losing in the polls.

back to Brexit--- Johnson was not talking down the EU because he believes what he is saying but because he was fighting an election............

1 hour ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Swindo’s already put his order in 🤣🤭🤣

Yes - I will have to ration supply due to the exceptionally large take up!

• Haha 1

Speaking of the magnificent new 50p (and doesn't it just make your heart swell with pride that we've finally taken back control 🤭), here are some ideas for how to use them...from the Daily Mash. 🤣

Six fun things to do with your Brexit 50p

THE most tangible benefit of Brexit hits Britain this week in the form of three million Brexit 50p coins. But what will you do with yours? 

Flip it
Make arbitary decisions even more fun by flipping a coin like you’re Batman villain Two-Face; heads, we’re all about to become unemployed on the whim of fishermen, tails we’ll all lose our jobs to benefit City bankers. 

Hoard it
Brexit is happening, it will be as Brexity as Brexit can be, and Brexiters have won. But their permanent sense of aggrieved victimhood means they’ll hoard as if liberal elites are coming to take them away. Huge stashes will hit eBay in about ten years, when they’re all dead. 

Sharpen your sense of irony
What could be more British than savage, delicious irony? And what could be more ironic than a coin bearing the words ‘Peace and prosperity and friendship with all nations’ to commemorate economic ruin caused by telling our nearest neighbours to f*ck off?

Place it over your heart
Brexiters spend 14 out of every 16 waking hours obsessing about the war and all have a story about their great-grandfather’s life being saved by an object that stopped a bullet. Keep your Brexit 50p there and it will save you in the upcoming UK-EU conflict. Except all the teenage soldiers trained on Call of Duty and only do headshots. 

Cry about it
Over the last three years, the point of Brexit has changed from ‘not sure really’ to ‘winding Remainers up’. This coin only exists so Brexiters can imagine liberals getting one in their change and bursting into tears. So start weeping. 

Spend it
Thought to be the most popular option, most Britons are expected to get a Brexit 50p in their change, say ‘Oh, it’s one of them Brexit ones’ and then put it in a vending machine to buy crisps. Because that’s what coins are for.