Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

6 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

I wouldn’t bother trying to engage in intelligent conversation

We know 😀

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

I wouldn’t bother trying to engage in intelligent conversation with Swindon. He’s a childish compulsive liar unfortunately.

Just like your self !

7 hours ago, kick it off said:

Which is something you'd know all about after your affair with that Instagram model.... right Swindon?

I did not have an affair with an Instagram mode. It was a mistake I made putting up the wrong picture.

Edited by SwindonCanary
people who can't spell swindon

5 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Ores, slag, ash: $101.2 million (3.8%)

That must've been what RTB was talking about. 😀

western_balkans_gdp_4_300519.jpg

🙃

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I did not have an affair with an Instagram mode. It was a mistake I made putting up the wrong picture.

Funny, you didn't realise that mistake until you were well and truly flushed out on it. You're right, it was a mistake to put that picture up, as you were outed as a compulsive (and deluded) liar.

Not to mention, if your story is to be believed - little bit weird that you have a store of Instagram models young enough to be your daughter on your phone/laptop.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, kick it off said:

Funny, you didn't realise that mistake until you were well and truly flushed out on it. You're right, it was a mistake to put that picture up, as you were outed as a compulsive (and deluded) liar.

Not to mention, if your story is to be believed - little bit weird that you have a store of Instagram models young enough to be your daughter on your phone/laptop.

I DID IT LAST THING AT NIGHT, I PUT IT RIGHT AS  SOON AS I LOGGED BACK IN THE NEXT DAY. LOOK BACK ON IT

10 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I DID IT LAST THING AT NIGHT, I PUT IT RIGHT AS  SOON AS I LOGGED BACK IN THE NEXT DAY. LOOK BACK ON IT

Sooooo explain again why you have a collection of Instagram models stored on your laptop? You put it right after I'd destroyed it and you had nowhere left to go with it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Ok, I’ll see what I can do - does it have to be in my own words or can I copy and paste from propaganda hate sites like the mindless f uck you are? 

You bought into the Government-backed Remainiac side with their largest political propaganda exercise in British history, ffs 😀

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

More FVCKWITTERY from the dopey CHATTE.

That OK for Swindo Peter the Deleter?

3 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Sooooo explain again why you have a collection of Instagram models stored on your laptop? You put it right after I'd destroyed it and you had nowhere left to go with it.

I'm keen photoshop person and use all types of photos to change

1 minute ago, SHRIMPER said:

More FVCKWITTERY from the dopey CHATTE.

That OK for Swindon Peter the Deleter?

Go away youngster

Edited by SwindonCanary
people who can't spell swindon

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah. Sure.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

It's incredibly ironic that it just so happened to be a picture of a very attractive lady when trying to post a picture of your imaginary girlfriend.... right? What a coincidence. Consider me fooled. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, kick it off said:

KiO --- The EU faces losing an economy which is larger than the 18 smallest EU member state's economies and seem to genuinely fear an independent Britain --- UK tariffs on German cars are unthinkable to Berlin, given how weak the German car industry now is, so Boris has a huge card to play.

Furthermore, the EU elite have not addressed the now dire need to massively cut/restructure the EU's budget as they know most of the member states are only in it for the handouts --- So where will the cash come from?

Albania?

1 hour ago, Jools said:

KiO --- The EU faces losing an economy which is larger than the 18 smallest EU member state's economies and seem to genuinely fear an independent Britain --- UK tariffs on German cars are unthinkable to Berlin, given how weak the German car industry now is, so Boris has a huge card to play.

Furthermore, the EU elite have not addressed the now dire need to massively cut/restructure the EU's budget as they know most of the member states are only in it for the handouts --- So where will the cash come from?

Albania?

We'll see. I'm not going to bother arguing the toss about it, as it's a futile exercise.

I only hope you and your fellow Brexwits have the good grace to apologise when the dust begins to settle and it becomes clear just how badly you have ****ed the country up.

I suspect you won't though, you'll be looking for a way to blame it on everyone else.

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

We'll see. I'm not going to bother arguing the toss about it, as it's a futile exercise.

I only hope you and your fellow Brexwits have the good grace to apologise when the dust begins to settle and it becomes clear just how badly you have ****ed the country up.

I suspect you won't though, you'll be looking for a way to blame it on everyone else.

I can guarantee you this --- If the benefits of leaving fail to outweigh the benefits of staying in, I will be the first to admit it's down to Brexit.

• Like 1

With Boris Johnson intending to start trade talks with the EU and the USA after Brexit Day, convinced they can be played off against each other, and having the rest of the world to get the best deals. I can see a lot a success with prices.

5 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Exactly as I said, he has a right to residence, but he fell foul of a system which is deliberatly obfuscating in order to reduce the numbers and success rate of applicants - it works a treat and makes a profit into the bargain - despite being told in no uncertain terms by our own courts that the Home Office was breaking the law, they continue to overcharge people for the priviledge of being screwed over by the racists in the Home Office.

All he needed to do was provide the evidence to support his application. He didn't. So his case was rejected. Nothing at all to do with racism. Why do you lefties always resort to the race card?

28 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

With Boris Johnson intending to start trade talks with the EU and the USA after Brexit Day, convinced they can be played off against each other, and having the rest of the world to get the best deals. I can see a lot a success with prices.

That we'll get some sort of deal is probably accurate. Will we get the best deals? Highly likely to be worse than the ones we've casually thrown away. 

Will be able to play the two largest economies off against each other? What with and who by? Liz Truss, Liam Fox? 

As to prices coming down?! 

41 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

You know what Germany's historical greatest fear was ? Fighting a war on two fronts at the same time. If Boris is as deluded as the Kaiser and Hitler were, he's just as likely to come a cropper doing that as they were. Still we will all find out soon enough... but I am sure whatever gets agreed will be presented as a "great success, the best trade deal ever" just like someone over in the US does.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

All he needed to do was provide the evidence to support his application. He didn't. So his case was rejected. Nothing at all to do with racism. Why do you lefties always resort to the race card?

Aah we're back to 'lefties' again are we?

Pathetic response even for you, and I think you'll find that its the Home Office which has a problem of institutionalised racism, and has had for many years.

More relevant to this particular case, they also have a problem of massive incompetence and make mistakes on an industrial scale, yet appear to be entirely indifferent to the impact they have on peoples' lives. Given their own ineptitude I think we could reasonably expect them to bit a little more forgiving\understanding when people make mistakes in dealing with our byzantine systems and policies. They could, for example, ask applicants to submit further evidence if it was genuinely required rather than simply jump on any excuse to deny people their rights.

They could, of course, simplify the processes which would result in fewer mistakes and perhaps even mean that they could manage to process applications in a reasonably timely manner - something else they've never yet managed.

But the idea of protecting peoples' rights is so alien to the Home Office that it is never going to happen, in fact we can look forward to things deteriorating even further as after the end of this year they can literally do what they like. No EU to restrain their malice or mitigate their incompetence, they can (and will) trash our rights whenever it suits them but at least we'll have a glow of satisfaction in knowing its what we voted for 😀 

• Like 1

OK if “we” - whomever that is really supposed to be - drop the “racism” label as you demand, can “we” use the “sadist” label instead? It even better fits the attitude of “destroy everything good with modern Britain (or America) on the alter of past myths” 

Sadists can discriminate on the basis of race, nationality, language, religion etc etc etc. So much more scope to be an absolute jerk if your boss gives you the green light to do so. 

Edited by Surfer

10 hours ago, Jools said:

Albania?

Virtually all of this is nonsense from someone that can't do a little research. 

Most UK made cars are exported. 

Less than 20% of cars made in Germany are exported to UK. 

Most cars made in EU stay in EU. 

Most cars made in Germany are expensive, high end motors. If you can afford one a small extra charge for tariffs won't be off putting. 

Our membership fee divided by 27 is not that massive an amount to find. Budgets will need to be tightened but it's not a crippler. 

Albania is still a long way from joining the EU. 

CM

”I think you'll find that its the Home Office which has a problem of institutionalised racism, and has had for many years.”

Are there any studies or investigations that back that claim up? Are you referring to the Civil Servants who work in the Home Office? 

Edited by Van wink

56 minutes ago, Van wink said:

CM

”I think you'll find that its the Home Office which has a problem of institutionalised racism, and has had for many years.”

Are there any studies or investigations that back that claim up? Are you referring to the Civil Servants who work in the Home Office? 

I think the definition of 'institutionalised' means that it runs throughout the organisation and not just within the Civil Servants who  effectively form just the middle management. And yes there is plenty of evidence - Windrush obviously springs immediately to mind but just this morning, for example, we have this https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/27/police-chiefs-admit-failures-on-diversity-21-years-after-pledge which of course ultimately refers back to Macpherson over 20 years ago.

I think that was the first time the Met were 'officially' labelled institutionally racist although they and other elements of the Home Office had long been accused of it. I think there have also been a number of admissions of it over the years, it would be a little surprising if there weren't given the huge number of demonstrable examples - as I said originally the Home Office also has huge problems of incompetence (also at all levels including the political leadership) but it's very clear that incompetence alone does not account for the many things that have gone badly wrong on their watch, much of it has been intentional.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Virtually all of this is nonsense from someone that can't do a little research. 

Most UK made cars are exported. 

Less than 20% of cars made in Germany are exported to UK. 

Most cars made in EU stay in EU. 

Most cars made in Germany are expensive, high end motors. If you can afford one a small extra charge for tariffs won't be off putting. 

Our membership fee divided by 27 is not that massive an amount to find. Budgets will need to be tightened but it's not a crippler. 

Albania is still a long way from joining the EU. 

In the case of Mini the major export market is the USA. Which has made a strong  case of the for maintaining the trade links with the USA

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I think the definition of 'institutionalised' means that it runs throughout the organisation and not just within the Civil Servants who  effectively form just the middle management. And yes there is plenty of evidence - Windrush obviously springs immediately to mind but just this morning, for example, we have this https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/27/police-chiefs-admit-failures-on-diversity-21-years-after-pledge which of course ultimately refers back to Macpherson over 20 years ago.

I think that was the first time the Met were 'officially' labelled institutionally racist although they and other elements of the Home Office had long been accused of it. I think there have also been a number of admissions of it over the years, it would be a little surprising if there weren't given the huge number of demonstrable examples - as I said originally the Home Office also has huge problems of incompetence (also at all levels including the political leadership) but it's very clear that incompetence alone does not account for the many things that have gone badly wrong on their watch, much of it has been intentional.

Ok yes, fully aware of issues relating to the Police, I wasn’t equating that with the Home office and didn’t realise that was where you are coming from. Yes the police have famously been found by investigation to be Institutionally Racist, my question to you was are there similar findings specifically in relation to the Home Office, as If there are I don’t recall seeing them. Perhaps there was something around Windrush but As I understand it that was a matter of policy set by politicians and not the Home Office as an institution 

18 minutes ago, Herman said:

Who owns Mini?

Isn't it that cornerstone of our thriving car industry, the British Motor Corporation? 😂

Apples

It's owned by BMW as is the Rolls Royce, but most of the profits made, are reinvested into the two companies. That's why I was able to retire at 56years old, and living off a very good income.

Edited by SwindonCanary