Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

11 minutes ago, Van wink said:

It was fine here in North Norfolk until you two appeared, it’s started bloomin raining now. 

You need to start a crowdfunding page for some sunshine.

1 minute ago, TCCANARY said:

You need to start a crowdfunding page for some sunshine.

As do you for some life jackets, although even they might not prevent you from drowning in misery.

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

As do you for some life jackets, although even they might not prevent you from drowning in misery.

Just like the Titanic the good ship Brexit will probably have a limited number of life jackets.

Just now, TCCANARY said:

Just like the Titanic the good ship Brexit will probably have a limited number of life jackets.

You will find that the Titanic is more analogous with the EU.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I don't know why you think we're miserable, we've had long enough after all to absorb the absurd position the country finds itself in.

And they say its the hope that kills you, which actually has some truth in it. Now there is no hope of reaching a sensible conclusion to Brexit we can focus on simply mocking the stupidity of the people who voted for it and the utter incompetence of those actually implementing it.

Personally I'm finding quite relaxing compared to the chaos and corruption in the UK for the last four years, and we know we still have year to effect an escape from the UK with many of our rights intact (although we don't still don't know whether the liar is going to shaft us over pensions which is a concern).  😁😁

On 15/01/2020 at 13:33, BigFish said:

Ah bless @paul moy, this is all a bit beyond you, isn't it? Companies have been uncertain on what is happening and what the situation will be in 2021 so have reduced investment, diverted it to other countries with a known future or stopped investing altogether. As a result companies that would supply the goods and services for that investment have lower incomes and pay less tax so the government has  a larger deficit. The lack of investment means that the country is less productive and less competitive. That is why GDP growth in the UK has virtually ended.

All down to Brexit.

The uncertainty has been caused by remoaners' court cases, scaremongering, dithering, delaying etc, and of course above all refusal  of a remain parliament to accept the result.  Without that we would have been properly prepared and left ages ago, but thankfully the swamp has been drained by the people's vote.

Edited by paul moy

When the main right wing press and politicians are getting their knickers in a twist about the bonging of a bell you know things aren't well in the country. Brexit and all who cheer for it deserve all the mockery they get. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

The clouds saw your ugly mug peering through the curtains. 

Every cloud has a silver lining Hermy. Now look what’s happened😀

169D07EB-F0C5-4614-A06A-08E98C65AE1E.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Herman said:

When the main right wing press and politicians are getting their knickers in a twist about the bonging of a bell you know things aren't well in the country. Brexit and all who cheer for it deserve all the mockery they get. 

Actually it will be quite fitting a funeral bell....bonging slowly....

23 minutes ago, Herman said:

I don't see why they can't build a massive campanile on the Garden Bridge and have the bells ring out joyfully from there across the celebrating metropolis...🤓

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Actually it will be quite fitting a funeral bell....bonging slowly....

The opening bars of Hell's Bells by ACDC would be good. 😁

35 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Actually it will be quite fitting a funeral bell....bonging slowly...

While British Bulldogs urinate at the graveside and Vera Lynn is interrupted in her rendition of "The White Cliffs of Dover" as a fight breaks out in the funeral party about who's the most Brexity and therefore the single greatest living patriot. 🇬🇧😂

Apples

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Remainers blaming everything bad on Brexit !

If you're talking about the bong's - it's all a little too easy to have some fun! 'For whom the bell tolls etc.'

As to Brexit - well I guess the Brexiters like you will now have to just roll with the economic punches or take them on the chin. I doubt there will be much sympathy.

Meanwhile those of us left in the real world will get on making the best of it as always. How much have you exported today (apart from BS that is)?

Edited by Yellow Fever

53 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Well we have Brexit to blame for your moronic waffle Swindo 😀👍🏻

48 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I haven't had any jip from my ingrowing toenail since Brexit so I'll let you off that one. 

Greggs have been kicked out of Cornwall...this country is going to the dogs and it's all the fault of Brexit. 😭

Apples

4 hours ago, Herman said:

I agree with the symbolism of bonging a bell, but why don't they just play a recording very very loud ???!!!!........ our MPs have no commonsense, but we knew that anyway as the idiots had none when they took us into the parasitic european establishment in the first place. 

Edited by paul moy

25 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Well we have Brexit to blame for your moronic waffle Swindon 😀👍🏻

EXAMPLE ?

Edited by SwindonCanary
people who can't spell swindon

17 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Swindon, if I gave examples of all the nonsense you’d posted, I’d be here all year

Just one will do. Come on, 240 pages you can find one can't you ?

Edited by SwindonCanary
people who can't spell swindon

On 31/12/2019 at 09:41, SwindonCanary said:

TODAY'S THE DAY.  As a so-called Leaver, I have no problem with those that held strong Remain views - we are all allowed our own differing opinions. However, I increasingly object to the un-necessary mud slinging and name calling that now seems the norm on this forum. Leave opinion has democratically won the day and the UK will now leave the EU tonight.

39 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Just one will do. Come on, 240 pages you can find one can't you ?

🤗

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

🤗

TODAY'S THE DAY.  As a so-called Leaver, I have no problem with those that held strong Remain views - we are all allowed our own differing opinions. However, I increasingly object to the un-necessary mud slinging and name calling that now seems the norm on this forum. Leave opinion has democratically won the day and the UK will now leave the EU tonight.

Does that sound like moronic waffle ? Seems a well thought out argument to me, THAT STILL STANDS (YOU NEVER SEE ME NAME CALLING).  must try harder !

Edited by SwindonCanary

18 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Does that sound like moronic waffle, seems a well thought out argument to me, must try harder !

You joking?

Thinking that we were leaving on the 31st of December was a "well thought out argument"?