Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

50 minutes ago, BigFish said:

This is what Johnson has ALREADY signed up to in the Withdrawal Agreeement. Even if a FTA is agreed HM Treasury expects that checks will be required for rules of origin, SPS, regulations and tariffs in BOTH directions.

I thought SC wanted WTO - he 'liked ' Moy's WTO comments.

Truth is I suspect neither know what they mean, want or even understand. 

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

I thought SC wanted WTO - he 'liked ' Moy's WTO comments.

Truth is I suspect neither know what they mean, want or even understand. 

If the EU are playing silly again, it will have to be WTO

33 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

They haven't played silly from the start. They have laid out their red lines and stuck to them. If Brexiters still haven't sussed this out then God help us. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

They haven't played silly from the start. They have laid out their red lines and stuck to them. If Brexiters still haven't sussed this out then God help us. 

"They have laid out their red lines and stuck to them," that's the problem. Negotiations are about give and take not one way.

• Confused 1

Meanwhile to Big Ben....

Why on earth is the PM saying that to ring Big Ben on Jan 31 would require 500,000 Pounds raised from the public?

Is the country that skint, or does the government not have control over the operation of the tower, clock and bell?

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

"They have laid out their red lines and stuck to them," that's the problem. Negotiations are about give and take not one way.

That's what happened, a desperate Johnson gave in and the EU took. 😀

12 minutes ago, TCCANARY said:

That's what happened, a desperate Johnson gave in and the EU took. 😀

Exactly - Johnson in desperation agreed to what May no less said no British PM could ever agree to  - a 'customs' border down the Irish Sea. Jeez.  

I suppose it takes one to know one!

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Wrong again @SwindonCanary in two vital ways. Firstly,  Johnson has already signed up for this and you have been crowing about it. So, not WTO but the WA. The UK has already negotiated this away. Secondly, if the UK tries vary this as Johnson suggests, the WTO's Most Favoured Nation rule applies and the UK will be required by WTO Rules to give every other nation the same as is give to the Republic e.g. open borders.

Is that what you want?

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

I don't want to argue about this, it's like Brexit (where I was proved right 😉)  Just wait and see what happens.

Exit stage right, into a fridge. 😀

• Haha 1

Just now, Hoola Han Solo said:

Poor old Swindon, no idea what the hell is going on

Edited by SwindonCanary
people who can't spell swindon

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

WHY REPORT, I WAS JUST USING IT AS AN EXAMPLE, HE JUST NEEDS TO SEE THE STICK I'M GETTING FROM ALL OF YOU !

Calm down before you get banned Swindo 🙄

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I don't want to argue about this, it's like Brexit (where I was proved right 😉)  Just wait and see what happens.

I don't recall you being right about anything on Brexit. Sure, we are leaving but every single post from you I have read on the reasons or benefits or likely implications has be ignorantly incorrect.

This is why we are leaving: a large number of people believed the lies they were told and didn't have enough about them to investigate the truth. You are not alone, but it is not a group membership to be proud of.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Calm down before you get banned Swindon 🙄

Can't see that happening as I'm the innocent party 

Edited by SwindonCanary

2 minutes ago, BigFish said:

I don't recall you being right about anything on Brexit. Sure, we are leaving but every single post from you I have read on the reasons or benefits or likely implications has be ignorantly incorrect.

This is why we are leaving: a large number of people believed the lies they were told and didn't have enough about them to investigate the truth. You are not alone, but it is not a group membership to be proud of.

ALWAY SAID WE WOULD LEAVE Every remainer disagreed

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

Yet most of the reasons you claimed you wanted to leave the EU have been proved to be lies or misinformation. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

@SwindonCanary, you were complaining not long ago about all the stick you get and you do get a lot.

But this is a perfect example (although there are many, many others) of just why people give you stick - that statement is totally untrue.

You clearly don't enjoy being called a liar, yet you continually post ridiculous and/or outrageous lies - you only have yourself to blame.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

@SwindonCanary, you were complaining not long ago about all the stick you get and you do get a lot.

But this is a perfect example (although there are many, many others) of just why people give you stick - that statement is totally untrue.

You clearly don't enjoy being called a liar, yet you continually post ridiculous and/or outrageous lies - you only have yourself to blame.

All right, most remainers said it would not happen !

Edited by SwindonCanary

Only Bill to be fair Swindo. The rest of us hoped it wouldn't but feared it would. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Only Bill to be fair Swindon. The rest of us hoped it wouldn't but feared it would. 

I wonder why everyone had ago at me when I mentioned it

Edited by SwindonCanary

11 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

All right, most remainers said it would not happen !

I don't think even that is true, I can only think of one poster on here who insisted that it wouldn't happen.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I don't think even that is true, I can only think of one poster on here who insisted that it wouldn't happen.

He said it so many times that it could feel like an "I'm Spartacus" moment