Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Integrity, humanity, decency and that nice feeling you get when you know you've not allowed yourself to be scammed. May not win you elections but still far more important.

Qualities which at least 3 people sold a long time ago.👇

Edited by Herman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

11pm on Friday, 31 Jan 2020 - The Withdrawal Treaty will come into force and the United Kingdom will technically no longer be a member of the European Union.

I hope all of those having a go at me, understand that !

It may surprise you Swindon but some of us have been following this a bit closer than the clueless twats that voted for it.

38 minutes ago, Herman said:

It may surprise you Swindon but some of us have been following this a bit closer than the clueless twats that voted for it.

That's it put them all in one box, don't forget  you are wildly outnumbered by the public, how does it feel to have a different view from the norm ?

We're not wildly outnumbered as has been explained before. 48% voted for Brexit parties. 52% voted for anti-brexit/2nd referendum parties. But due to the way our electoral system works the people with the most seats, wins. You won, but you are not in the majority. It's quite simple to understand,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

11pm on Friday, 31 Jan 2020 - The Withdrawal Treaty will come into force and the United Kingdom will technically no longer be a member of the European Union.

I hope all of those having a go at me, understand that !

We all know that you are a FVCKWIT and an inveterate LIAR we need to know no more than that.

Edited by SHRIMPER
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

That's it put them all in one box, don't forget  you are wildly outnumbered by the public, how does it feel to have a different view from the norm ?

I’d rather have different views from the norm if it meant I have better humility and thoughtfulness about the world, compared to the racist and jingoistic views of an old bigot like you.

Enjoy your win Swindo, it’ll be us in the younger generation that have to clear up your mess 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Sorry, the one thing I'm not is a bigot =wrong again and try finding where you've seen I'm racist

Edited by SwindonCanary

52 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Sorry, the one thing I'm not is a bigot =wrong again and try finding where you've seen I'm racist

By your very own words of this post you are admitting being a FVCKWIT and a LIAR then Swindo.

11 hours ago, SHRIMPER said:

We all know that you are a FVCKWIT and an inveterate LIAR we need to know no more than that.

Darling, you really must work on extending your vocabulary. I've yet to see you post more than the same sentence in the past three years. Is it a medical thing?

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

I’d rather have different views from the norm if it meant I have better humility and thoughtfulness about the world, compared to the racist and jingoistic views of an old bigot like you.

Enjoy your win Swindo, it’ll be us in the younger generation that have to clear up your mess 👍🏻

I don't think you could clear up your bedroom 🤣

• Haha 2

Careful, he's a bit snitchy lads. Sadly ironic considering he will go on about "freedom of speech".

Is Boris still on vacation - couldn't / shouldn't he be popping over to Florida to have a round of golf with President Trump? Sort things out re Iran / Iran: or will he just take his marching orders remotely like a good little poodle? 

Edited by Surfer

31 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

The Greens aren´t in charge. The Liberal/Nationalists are

It´s not green party policy to stop hazard reduction burns

Former NSW fire and rescue commissioner, Greg Mullins stated "Blaming "greenies" for stopping these important measures is a familiar, populist, but basically untrue claim"

https://www.smh.com.au/national/this-is-not-normal-what-s-different-about-the-nsw-mega-fires-20191110-p5395e.html

EDIT - the article that David Kurten has linked is over 6 years old!! FFS!

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man
  • Thanks 1

You can't beat people that like being lied to. 

Have a look at the Guardian's video of East Gippsland on fire and ask if backburning could have prevented that. 

Edited by Herman

If Brexiteers are too dumb to realise after three years that restricting trade with your largest and closest trading partner will have a negative impact on the economy they are not going to able to grasp that pumping CO2 into the atmosphere will have a negative impact on climate. 

Brexiteers with no knowledge experience or qualifications think they know better than those that have about Everything with no reason. The problem with brexiteers is that they are too ignorant and dumb to realise how ignorant and dumb they are. They are unconsciously incompetent. 

Edited by T

22 minutes ago, Jools said:

Gervais speech in full 👇 

😎 😀

"No matter how much contempt Ricky Gervais feels for Hollywood types, please don’t forget he has way more contempt for you! "

12 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

The Greens aren´t in charge. The Liberal/Nationalists are

It´s not green party policy to stop hazard reduction burns

Former NSW fire and rescue commissioner, Greg Mullins stated "Blaming "greenies" for stopping these important measures is a familiar, populist, but basically untrue claim"

https://www.smh.com.au/national/this-is-not-normal-what-s-different-about-the-nsw-mega-fires-20191110-p5395e.html

EDIT - the article that David Kurten has linked is over 6 years old!! FFS!

The people most to blame for the Australian bush fires are the greens. Just like in California, their tree-hugging Gaia worship blinded them to the reality that forests need regular clearance and maintenance if they are not to become a major fire hazard. Some Australian politicians on the right side of the argument are well aware of this:

“The problems we have got have been created by the Greens,” Mr [Barnaby] Joyce told The Australian.

“We haven’t had the capacity to easily access (hazard) reduction burns because of all of the paperwork that is part of green policy.

“We don’t have access to dams because they have been decommissioned on national parks because of green policy. We have trees that have fallen over vehicles and block roads, so people cannot either get access to fight a fire or to get away from fires. And we can’t knock over the trees because of Greens policy.

Deputy Prime Minister Michael McCormack has lashed the “disgraceful, disgusting” behaviour of “raving inner-city lunatics” for linking climate change to the ferocious bushfires burning across Queensland and NSW.

Yet still, in large parts of Australia, it remains illegal to remove trees from your land even in order to create fire breaks and protect your property — despite the obvious risk this ban creates to homeowners living in potential bush-fire zones. Trees have been designated a ‘carbon sink’, which supposedly offset Australia’s CO2 emissions.

Unprecedented dryness; reductions in long-term rainfall; low humidity; high temperatures; wind velocities; fire danger indices; fire spread and ferocity; instances of pyro-convective fires (fire storms – making their own weather); early starts and late finishes to bushfire seasons. An established long-term trend driven by a warming, drying climate. The numbers don’t lie, and the science is clear.

If anyone tells you, "This is part of a normal cycle" or "We’ve had fires like this before", smile politely and walk away, because they don’t know what they’re talking about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TCCANARY said:

Unprecedented dryness; reductions in long-term rainfall; low humidity; high temperatures; wind velocities; fire danger indices; fire spread and ferocity; instances of pyro-convective fires (fire storms – making their own weather); early starts and late finishes to bushfire seasons. An established long-term trend driven by a warming, drying climate. The numbers don’t lie, and the science is clear.

If anyone tells you, "This is part of a normal cycle" or "We’ve had fires like this before", smile politely and walk away, because they don’t know what they’re talking about.

If I cut and pasted this red text, it would describe exactly the conditions we have also been experiencing here in California. 

re:  Just like in California, their tree-hugging Gaia worship blinded them to the reality that forests need regular clearance and maintenance if they are not to become a major fire hazard. 

RTB: your ignorance is showing again. The fires in California are not in the forests, but in the urban / wilderness interface - i.e. broken cover and grasslands. And most have been started by human activity like power lines snagging in tree branches during high winds. Of course our Idiot in Chief has said the problem is being caused by not raking up leaves from he forests but what do you expect of him, he has no policy solution to any problem except blaming someone else. 

Edited by Surfer