Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

3 hours ago, Badger said:

Can i ask what the line the right wing takes on dynamic alignment with EU regulations?

I believe the Telegraph today is reporting (and if you can't believe the Telegraph then who can you believe),  that the UK will not be aligning with EU regulations.

Some will spend the last Saturday before Christmas out shopping on the High Street, but lovely Boris has given up his day off to go and serve turkey to our brave troops in Estonia. What a man! You wouldn't see Corbyn doing this.

Boris asked: "Who wants turkey?"

A soldier at the back piped up: "Putin does!"

😀

brexit estonia.JPG

Indy

"Voters want Labour’s next leader to make a decisive break with Jeremy Corbyn’s agenda, but are not impressed by any of the potential candidates to succeed him, a new poll has revealed.

In a finding that will cast doubt over Mr Corbyn’s claims to have “won the argument” during the general election campaign, the BMG survey for The Independent found that voters think Labour must ditch its current approach to taxation, public spending and national security, and shift towards the centre ground.

The public wants the next Labour leader to abandon radical plans to raise taxes and embark on a huge public spending spree, including £500bn of borrowing to fund investment in infrastructure."

Lets hope they listen. Puts into perspective the claim that Labour won the argument on policy, maybe in the heads of a few lefty nutters they did, and a few on here it appeared, as for the rest of the population, they had more common sense.

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 1

Trade with the EU

i bought a kitchen trolley, none of this MFI Stuff it was a quality trolley. The point is that the trolley was made in Bosnia, and the chopping board in Serbia other parts in Sweden.   As far as I know, neither of those places are in the EU.

So. dear little trolls, please explain to me how critical and hard "Trade" really is, and how this deathly VAT, import duty, red tape, customs forms blah blah concoction is so lethal to the UK as a "third country" and not to IKEA as an EU country.  I am dying to hear

15 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Trade with the EU

i bought a kitchen trolley, none of this MFI Stuff it was a quality trolley. The point is that the trolley was made in Bosnia, and the chopping board in Serbia other parts in Sweden.   As far as I know, neither of those places are in the EU.

So. dear little trolls, please explain to me how critical and hard "Trade" really is, and how this deathly VAT, import duty, red tape, customs forms blah blah concoction is so lethal to the UK as a "third country" and not to IKEA as an EU country.  I am dying to hear

Hard to understand your incoherent rant, but a guess is probably because EU member Sweden (IKEA is not a country, for future reference) trades on EU terms with Bosnia, which has had preferential trading terms agreed with the EU since 2008 as part of the pre-accession protocols. Serbia has been exporting duty free to the EU for 20 years, and also enjoys preferential terms as part of their trade liberalisation model which form part of their own pre-accession protocols.

They are both in negotiations to join the EU, we will be in negotiations to leave. It's in the EU's interest to do favours to countries that want to join, and not in their interest to do favours to parties that want to leave is the simple answer.

Of course, you won't understand any of that, you never do, so keep waving your little flag and looking forward to this problem-free era of Empire 2.0 we are about to embark on... 🙄

• Like 3

7 hours ago, kick it off said:

Hard to understand your incoherent rant, but a guess is probably because EU member Sweden (IKEA is not a country, for future reference) trades on EU terms with Bosnia, which has had preferential trading terms agreed with the EU since 2008 as part of the pre-accession protocols. Serbia has been exporting duty free to the EU for 20 years, and also enjoys preferential terms as part of their trade liberalisation model which form part of their own pre-accession protocols.

They are both in negotiations to join the EU, we will be in negotiations to leave. It's in the EU's interest to do favours to countries that want to join, and not in their interest to do favours to parties that want to leave is the simple answer.

Of course, you won't understand any of that, you never do, so keep waving your little flag and looking forward to this problem-free era of Empire 2.0 we are about to embark on... 🙄

IT'S ALSO HARD TO UNDERSTAND YOUR INCOHERENT RANT ALSO. I am aware IKEA is not a country I was using it a BIG multi national. 

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

IT'S ALSO HARD TO UNDERSTAND YOUR INCOHERENT RANT ALSO. I am aware IKEA is not a country I was using it a BIG multi national. 

‘Not to ikea as an eu country’ - looks like you definitely were aware it’s not a country.

mine is not a rant, it was an explanation. The fact that you didn’t understand is on you, not me. It’s perfectly coherent and factual (which I know means you don’t care about it as it’s not a racist sound bite or a lie which are the only currency you give agency to)

2 hours ago, kick it off said:

‘Not to ikea as an eu country’ - looks like you definitely were aware it’s not a country.

mine is not a rant, it was an explanation. The fact that you didn’t understand is on you, not me. It’s perfectly coherent and factual (which I know means you don’t care about it as it’s not a racist sound bite or a lie which are the only currency you give agency to)

Does it not frustrate you that, after all this time, you are still having to explain to numerous brexiters the absolute bloody basics of the EU and membership and everything that it entails?  Or through your job you are well trained enough to deal with people that struggle?

As part if these preferential arrangements with the EU are Bosnia and Serbia permitted to make their own trade agreements with non EU (third party) states ?  Can these agreements involve lower tariffs than the EU has with these third parties?

24 minutes ago, Herman said:

Does it not frustrate you that, after all this time, you are still having to explain to numerous brexiters the absolute bloody basics of the EU and membership and everything that it entails?  Or through your job you are well trained enough to deal with people that struggle?

It frustrates me that adults with the internet at their fingertips still get taken in by such nonsense and can’t be bothered to check things... but it is what it is. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

As part if these preferential arrangements with the EU are Bosnia and Serbia permitted to make their own trade agreements with non EU (third party) states ?  Can these agreements involve lower tariffs than the EU has with these third parties?

Not sure of the specifics on that front but since Croatia joined the EU, Bosnia does 76% of their trade with the eu and Serbia does over 66% so it’s safe to say that their priority is for EU friendly trading.

3 hours ago, kick it off said:

I CAN SAY THE SAME ABOUT YOUR RANT !

52 minutes ago, Barbe bleu said:

Yes, as are any EU member state as well.

I assume they have an MFN or somesuch agreement with their largest trading partner so likely not. It'll either be the same tariff rate or higher than the EU.

16 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I CAN SAY THE SAME ABOUT YOUR RANT !

Swindo, are you taking drugs? What I wrote was not in the slightest bit a rant, it was an answer to your stupid question which was illiterate in composition and ill-informed in content.

So Serbia and bosnia are de facto in the customs union but not the single market?   

Isnt it about time that the two were separated so that the EU runs the latter and a European council plus runs the other?

Edited by Barbe bleu

2 hours ago, kick it off said:

Swindo, are you taking drugs? What I wrote was not in the slightest bit a rant, it was an answer to your stupid question which was illiterate in composition and ill-informed in content.

AND YOU READ IT TOTALLY WRONG ! IT WAS A RANT, YOU KEEP REPEATING IT HOW CAN IT NOT BE ?

Edited by SwindonCanary

15 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

AND YOU READ IT TOTALLY WRONG ! IT WAS A RANT, YOU KEEP REPEATING IT HOW CAN IT NOT BE ?

SWINDO the thickest FVCKWIT on the board. Oh and I nearly forgot. He is an utter LIAR also.

On 21/12/2019 at 14:56, Rock The Boat said:

I believe the Telegraph today is reporting (and if you can't believe the Telegraph then who can you believe),  that the UK will not be aligning with EU regulations.

I think we've identified RTB's problem. 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Why all the caps?

I know you're not the sharpest knife, in fact, you wouldn't even be the sharpest spoon in the drawer, but I really think you've totally lost the plot.

Anyone else able to work out what the f**k this muppet is on about?

Which is why the UK will be back in the EU within 20 years. We just need to survive the next decade. 

It was ever thus. 18 to 24 year olds become the over 50's in time and many will have become more conservative (small c) in their outlook once they have a family, mortgage and life's problems to shape them. 

Labour's manifestos are always more radical, risk taking and idealistic which unsurprisingly appeals more to the young.

37 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Which is why the UK will be back in the EU within 20 years. We just need to survive the next decade. 

Fact checked for you

brexit ages.jpg

Labour shadow minister allowed to stand as MP despite police investigation for 'touching bottom' in nightclub

ALabour shadow minister is being investigated by police over an allegation of sexual assault in a nightclub months before the general election, The Telegraph can disclose.

The Labour frontbencher is alleged to have touched someone's bottom while on the dance floor with people he knew and had met earlier that day.

He was still able to stand for re-election earlier this month despite an ongoing police inquiry.  It is understood that Labour judged the allegation to be “less serious” than those against another MP who was suspended in October over claims of sexual harassment.

Police confirmed that they were investigating an allegation of sexual touching on an evening in July. On Saturday night the shadow minister strenuously denied the allegation, describing it as "wrong and false". He has not been arrested or interviewed by police, and said he had not been given any details of the complaint by them.

Sincerely hope this doesn't turn out to be a certain Norwich MP

24 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

It was ever thus. 18 to 24 year olds become the over 50's in time and many will have become more conservative (small c) in their outlook once they have a family, mortgage and life's problems to shape them. 

Labour's manifestos are always more radical, risk taking and idealistic which unsurprisingly appeals more to the young.

Brexit is an anomaly then?!

It's idealistic, radical and high risk but supported in the majority by older right wingers.

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

Brexit is an anomaly then?!

It's idealistic, radical and high risk but supported in the majority by older right wingers.

Its not by chance that societies throughout the world appreciate the wisdom that comes with age.

Edited by Van wink
  • Thanks 1