Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

3 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Normal nonsensical service is resumed.

But no free Broadband😀

8 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I wonder if our club Matriarch is sobbing into her into her glass of Dom Perignon Vintage?......

Prudent Prosecco next home game......

Wow look at that Blyth Valley result.

Labour wipe out!

This country is going to need lots more pineapple.

4 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Wow look at that Blyth Valley result.

Labour wipe out!

This country is going to need lots more pineapple.

Stunning result

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Worst Labour total since 1935. I have to say I didnt believe Labour could go under 200 seats.

The wrong leader and Brexit has killed them, probably for a decade.

Longer than a decade I would think - a good thing  if it creates the space for the smaller opposition parties to grow and have a go.

Surely they couldn't do any worse than the recent years of Labour 'opposition'?

As a left-leaning bleeding-heart liberal, this is even worse than I feared. I knew that the general electorate wouldn't go for Corbyn, and you Conservative voters must have been rubbing your hands together watching Corbyn cleave his party down the middle while you dithered. It's the battle of who f*cked up least, and the Conservatives seem to have won it by a landslide.

All I would say, though, is if you have Sky News then give it a whirl rather than the BBC. I'd usually watch Beeb, but Sky have Bercow on there and he's extremely insightful.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

As a left-leaning bleeding-heart liberal, this is even worse than I feared. I knew that the general electorate wouldn't go for Corbyn, and you Conservative voters must have been rubbing your hands together watching Corbyn cleave his party down the middle while you dithered. It's the battle of who f*cked up least, and the Conservatives seem to have won it by a landslide.

All I would say, though, is if you have Sky News then give it a whirl rather than the BBC. I'd usually watch Beeb, but Sky have Bercow on there and he's extremely insightful.

but Sky have Bercow on there and he's extremely insignificant.....

• Like 1

Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

Been switching between Sky and BBC, usually can’t stand Bercow but he seems ok tonight.

Freed from the responsibility of having to corral 600+ MPs into some kind of order, he's pretty cuddly on there tonight. Although he had a right go at Dominic Raab earlier!

1 minute ago, Mello Yello said:

but Sky have Bercow on there and he's extremely insignificant.....

He's been brilliant! I'm a Labour voter and he's a former Tory MP, but I can still appreciate the expertise and experience he brings to the studio.

• Like 1

Just now, Mello Yello said:

Over the last 3 years Bercow has been part of the problem.....

Whatever you think of him politically, though, he has unique insight as Speaker that he's sharing with the electorate without any responsibility to be neutral. It's fun to watch.

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

He's been brilliant! I'm a Labour voter and he's a former Tory MP, but I can still appreciate the expertise and experience he brings to the studio.

He's wasted, Bercow should have been a poor AmDram actor....

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

He's wasted, Bercow should have been a poor AmDram actor....

You say that, but in his way, he kind of is.

Good to see the BBC, Sky,  ITV & Channel 4 all do a professional job when you know they're all crying in their beer.  All those remoaners having to take it on the chin ......

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

You say that, but in his way, he kind of is.

No a speaker should be like the great Betty Boothroyd.....

7 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Whatever you think of him politically, though, he has unique insight as Speaker that he's sharing with the electorate without any responsibility to be neutral. It's fun to watch.

That was Bercow's problem. No responsibility to be neutral

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wooster said:

Good to see the BBC, Sky,  ITV & Channel 4 all do a professional job when you know they're all crying in their beer.  All those remoaners having to take it on the chin ......

True Democracy is now showing itself......all those career politician weasels are biting their own tails.....

11 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I wonder how Billy is doing tonight.

He'll be fine, he believes BJ is a secret remainer.

Well I'm going to be a rarity in the social media ****storm going down tonight.

I'm not staying on this thread all night, because I'm a Labour voter and I'd rather lick my wounds privately.

However, I'd just like to remind everyone that there are 101 ways you can divide and subdivide society, and the most important thing is to remember that just because someone has a different political standpoint to you, doesn't mean there aren't a myriad of other ways in which your views are compatible... NCFC being just one example thereof.

Democracy has run its course.

OTBC x