Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

35 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Boris Johnson's lead over Labour in the 2019 general election has stabilised at 10 points, with the latest opinion polls revealing that Labour’s momentum is falling away as they struggle to narrow the gap.”

Has been like this for some time, Tories seem bombproof around 41% Going to take a massive collapse in Lib Dem support or some serious tactical voting to overturn them

It may tighten a bit. Lets see what the big YouGov says tonight.

My Lib Dems under 45 seats is likely to pay off big time on the betting spreads. Just need Tories over 337 for another winner.

Edited by ricardo
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Herman said:

Bumped for RTB. 

By the way, have you seen how many Conservatives have come out against the Conservatives? 

Not correct. They have come out against Brexit'.  In Labour's case it is directly a result of Corbyn. Today it's the turn of John Ashworth. Labour shadow minister. 

3 hours ago, Barbe bleu said:

I thought the facts of the childs case were fairly well established.

He was seen promptly and assessed and, at this point, had a bed /trolley. He lost it  when someone (or people) in greater need came in. 

The hospital wanted to keep him in for observations and he waited on a chair for the bed to become available on the ward.  As he was tired he was put on the floor by the parents/laid down himself

Total wait without a bed is not completely clear but possibly around  4 hours.  It seems that he was given a bed overnight and released the next day.

Thankfully he did not have pneumonia as feared.

An fortunately for him he lives in the UK and not the US, or he may have also be going home with a bill for several thousand $. Wherever the outcome of the GE, cherish and protect the NHS, it provides much better service and cost effectiveness than many realize, do not be taken in about the capabilities of US medical service and drug companies providing better outcomes.

57 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Boris Johnson's lead over Labour in the 2019 general election has stabilised at 10 points, with the latest opinion polls revealing that Labour’s momentum is falling away as they struggle to narrow the gap.”

Has been like this for some time, Tories seem bombproof around 41% Going to take a massive collapse in Lib Dem support or some serious tactical voting to overturn them

Actuall the latest two polls in the FT's tracker had the Tory lead at 7 points (Comres - data from December the eighth) and 6 points (ICM - data December 9).  The previous YouGuv poll (December 6) had a 10-point lead for the Tories. If the forthcoming YouGuv poll shows the lead slipping towards those other polls Johnson might be right to get worried. If not, then probably not. But then again it is hard to see how any of these polls can be certain how much tactical voting there will be and how it will work on the day.

So the owner of the Facebook account says that it was hacked, and she has now received death threats. Welcome to your Trumpian world UK.

And behind both actions is the pathetic and cowardly behavior of professional journalists, this happens because the media does not call it out, and this happens because politicians see no penalty for encouraging their minions to do it. 

——-

As a journalist who represents an institution that many people implicitly trust, you have an obligation to seek out and punish THE TRUTH. 

——

“ The same claim was shared on Twitter, where it was spread by much more significant accounts. The Telegraph columnist Allison Pearson retweeted screenshots of the Facebook page to her followers twice, telling them “I presume this is genuine”, and adding later that the photo was “100% faked”. Her posts have received thousands of retweets between them.

According to the researcher Marc Owen Jones, Pearson is “perhaps the most influential proponent of the faked floor theory”,

44 minutes ago, Surfer said:

So the owner of the Facebook account says that it was hacked, and she has now received death threats. Welcome to your Trumpian world UK.

And behind both actions is the pathetic and cowardly behavior of professional journalists, this happens because the media does not call it out, and this happens because politicians see no penalty for encouraging their minions to do it. 

——-

As a journalist who represents an institution that many people implicitly trust, you have an obligation to seek out and punish THE TRUTH. 

——

“ The same claim was shared on Twitter, where it was spread by much more significant accounts. The Telegraph columnist Allison Pearson retweeted screenshots of the Facebook page to her followers twice, telling them “I presume this is genuine”, and adding later that the photo was “100% faked”. Her posts have received thousands of retweets between them.

According to the researcher Marc Owen Jones, Pearson is “perhaps the most influential proponent of the faked floor theory”,

Of course her Facebook account hasn't been hacked. It's the usual excise of someone who is embarrassed by something they posted in haste and are now regretting, having been called out on it and exposed as a teller of untruths

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Actuall the latest two polls in the FT's tracker had the Tory lead at 7 points (Comres - data from December the eighth) and 6 points (ICM - data December 9).  The previous YouGuv poll (December 6) had a 10-point lead for the Tories. If the forthcoming YouGuv poll shows the lead slipping towards those other polls Johnson might be right to get worried. If not, then probably not. But then again it is hard to see how any of these polls can be certain how much tactical voting there will be and how it will work on the day.

That’s the latest I got showing 10 point lead

D8DAD413-3B39-4EEA-873E-F33DCD539047.png

BBC POLL TRACKER

Party Average (%) Likely range    AND AT THE START OF NOVEMBER Party Average (%) Likely range
CON 43 (39-47)                                                                                               CON 40
LAB 32 (28-36)                                                                                                LAB  29
LD 13 (9-17)                                                                                                     LD    15

The Labour charge does not look as if it's happening !   👍

9 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:
BBC POLL TRACKER

Party Average (%) Likely range    AND AT THE START OF NOVEMBER Party Average (%) Likely range
CON 43 (39-47)                                                                                               CON 40
LAB 32 (28-36)                                                                                                LAB  29
LD 13 (9-17)                                                                                                     LD    15

The Labour charge does not look as if it's happening !   👍

Probably the best indicator Swindon

01E48A98-19C0-4A8C-B1C1-1984703E238B.png

There's bound to be a bit of drift back to Labour. Corbyn could **** in a synagogue door and some would still vote for him.

Why thank you good sir 😁

I was very thirsty so I thought I'd pop back and guzzle on remainers tears 

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Of course her Facebook account hasn't been hacked. It's the usual excise of someone who is embarrassed by something they posted in haste and are now regretting, having been called out on it and exposed as a teller of untruths

I suggest you are deliberately deflecting or are misunderstanding the point here - journalists are supposed to uncover THE TRUTH , not just be a stenographer that repeats every item of gossip and propaganda that occurs.

Maybe she wrote it (she claims she didn’t) but the role of a journalist is TO FIND OUT. She just wrote “I assume it’s genuine” - now a member of the public might think that but a journalist is paid to dig deeper and REPORT FACTS. 

The BBC and ITV tweets on the “punch” were other examples of terrible reporting that must stop if we are ever to have a proper political discourse in the country. The UK cannot let itself become like the US with 1/3 of the country fed daily lies by the President and his Cabinet via Murdoch’s Fox “News” and Wall St Journal and by Sinclair Broadcasting. 

Nothing will be done if Boris gets a majority, but something must be done if there is a hung Parliament to get this poison out of politics. 

3 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Not correct. They have come out against Brexit'.  In Labour's case it is directly a result of Corbyn. Today it's the turn of John Ashworth. Labour shadow minister. 

Another RTB fail.

24 minutes ago, Bagster said:

Why thank you good sir 😁

I was very thirsty so I thought I'd pop back and guzzle on remainers tears 

Its always good to see our European friends😀

On 03/12/2019 at 20:48, Rock The Boat said:

More Leftist lunacy:

This is why I applaud Jeremy Corbyn’s suggestion that we lower the voting age to 16. I would take this a step further and suggest that only the under 12s should be allowed to vote. As Whitney Houston said, “The children are our future.” And we can always threaten to take away their smartphones if they don’t vote Labour.

Or how about this for a solution? Let’s allow everybody to vote in the general election, but make it illegal to opt for the Tories or the Brexit Party. That way, we can stop a fascist party from getting elected, but we still have democracy. It’s a win-win.

2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

😆

• Haha 2