Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Remember there is a 3 percent margin of error in these polls

Look at the share not the lead, is what Peter Kellner always says.

It's more the direction of travel that's important at the moment. Remember also the polls always lag and a lot has happened in the last few days.  Still I think there will be a lot of tactical voting on constituency by constituency basis on the day between LD and Labour whereas the Tories are already at high water!

10 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

It's more the direction of travel that's important at the moment. Remember also the polls always lag and a lot has happened in the last few days.  Still I think there will be a lot of tactical voting on constituency by constituency basis on the day between LD and Labour whereas the Tories are already at high water!

The average is very much in line with the 9-11 lead I suggested last week.

Labour will need to be at 38-40 to force a hung parliament. You can still get 9-4 for that with most bookies.

I've heard BMG are the most accurate of pollsters.😉

Edited by Herman
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Herman said:

Taxi for Johnson.

image.png.8fc75188386546550d5b49279484a8a8.png

No wonder he doesn't want to be interviewed by Neil.

Should be a Boris bus - enough space for his cohorts too....

• Haha 1

He is a philanderer, liar and mysogionist ****,. and thats just half of his personal qualities so many 'like' in this country, why? I will never understand.

He was blind drunk when he laid the wreath at the cenotaph, so drunk that the BBC had to change the video and replace it with the one from 2016.

When foreign minister, he had no credence or trust with any of his peers in the world, they thought of him as being ignorant and belittleing, not a diplomat whoi could give and take.

There is no choice, that man can't be the PM for much longer and I hope that Aliu MIlani will run him out of office.

A very good speech from the erstwhile Opium HQ of Britain.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2019/11/free-the-truth-a-short-speech/#respond

I completed my postal voting papers today. I went to put the statement form in "envelope B" with the return address in the window as required, when I realised that envelope B has no window. Instead it has a slightly different address printed on it

Now I need to ring Sevenoaks District Council to find out exactly where it's supposed to be posted to 

34 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

I completed my postal voting papers today. I went to put the statement form in "envelope B" with the return address in the window as required, when I realised that envelope B has no window. Instead it has a slightly different address printed on it

Now I need to ring Sevenoaks District Council to find out exactly where it's supposed to be posted to 

I suspect it will end up in Peterborough 

The window on Mrs KG and my postal vote were not quite wide enough to show all the voting paper code. It won't stop my vote counting but why would we expect them to get it completely right?

9 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

The window on Mrs KG and my postal vote were not quite wide enough to show all the voting paper code. It won't stop my vote counting but why would we expect them to get it completely right?

Nothing better than wandering down and voting on the day. You can even abstain in person😉

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Nothing better than wandering down and voting on the day. You can even abstain in person😉

Perhaps we should be allowed to vote at our local embassy

I think the French do this for their presidential election???

1 minute ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Perhaps we should be allowed to vote at our local embassy

I think the French do this for their presidential election???

Bagster is your man, cast his vote in the referendum at his local Hotel de Ville, allegedly😉

• Haha 1

How the hell can it be his record? He has never been in power.

All the terrorists who have been released were on the Tories watch. It doesn't matter who brought the law in. If you don't like it, revoke it. 

Did you work out all those silly points yourself or did you get them from Guido or some other Tory Lie Machine.

Just look at the dates.

The number of police officers in England and Wales fell by 20,600 between March 2010 and March 2019, down to 123,200 officers (126,300 including those from the British Transport Police and those on secondment).

As well as plotting to blow up the London Stock Exchange in 2012, Khan and eight accomplices planned to build a terrorist training camp on land in Pakistan-controlled Kashmir owned by his family.

Usman Khan was British so freedom of EU movement doesn't apply

Our security co-operation arrangements with EU neighbours are essential for our safety. If the British people confirm their decision to leave, we will prioritise agreement of a new UK-EU Security Treaty.

That is from Labour's manifesto, something you haven't read

We will rebuild the whole police workforce, recruiting more police officers, police community support officers and police staff. We will re-establish neighbourhood policing and recruit 2,000 more frontline officers than have been planned for by the Conservatives. We will work with police forces to invest in a modern workforce to tackle the rise in violent crime and cybercrime under the Tories. To deliver these priorities, Labour will work with police and crime commissioners to reform police funding and share new resources fairly, and to ensure that local needs are met.

So resources for the police will be shared fairly

In fact all in all, all the bullshine you have published is from the establishment who wish to keep the status quo and protect their own self interests, their pensions and their egos.

And you faithfully toe the old party line without the ability to question or think for yourself. The vote is wasted on you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The tories have cut the police force, the courts, the probation service and the prison service. They have been in charge for the last decade and are fully responsible for the current mess the country is in. 

Getting rid of FOM will not make the country safer. Getting rid of the deceitful charlatans who have cut the state to shreds may do though. 

On 30/11/2019 at 18:23, canarydan23 said:

You're a vile piece of human excrement with the intelligence of a goose with brain damage; despite that, you're still cleverer than you are brave you pathetic specimen. 

Now go run off to Pete because someone on the Internet called you a c*nt, you c*nt. 

Unless you want to discuss it over a pint, but we both know that won't happen.

Just hire a hooker, better men than you have done so to get their end away. Getting rid of all your angst and bitterness by getting laid might make you a better person as opposed to the waste of oxygen you currently are. 

I notice on the football threads you admit to being drunk at this time. perhaps you could remove yourself from this forum during times of slobbish behaviour, before you get thrown off.

Nothing safer than voting on the day of an election. Postal votes are for days/weeks in the control of a politically run council, which has ballot boxes seals, if they bother with it, and the machinery, personal information and your signature in electronic form, to falsefy any voting paper is they so like.

This is the first time I agree with Ricardo, but his attention to polls is rather childish as most of them are paid for by those with an agenda, they d3ecide the brief and scope of it.

I have never in my thirty years of experience, been thanked for daring to leaflet, people had enough with a one sided bashing that has now gone on for three years. But I'm willing to part with a few hankies.

On 04/11/2019 at 17:52, PurpleCanary said:

Not sure I can take another five and a bit weeks of what is already shaping up to be the most dispiriting and morally bankrupt election since the war. Which would not matter so much if the stakes were not so high. Often said about elections, but true in this case, with the wrong result being potentially catastrophic for the country.

From November 6:

If this campaign (including here) continues to find new depths of insulting stupidity to plumb at the rate it is going even I will run out of adjectives and adverbs to describe it.

And so it carries (probably no pun intended) on. To be clear it is almost exclusively the Tories nationally, with Johnson not now even bothering to pretend he is not perpetually lying, and on this thread the Tories, Faragists and extreme Brexiters who are to blame.

While I am immodestly quoting myself, this from November 5:

From the day after the 2017 election I started predicting that the next election would be won at the least by an anti-Tory alliance. To show how confident I was I bet no less than £0 on this outcome. And a great deal has changed since then. For example, I did not envisage Johnson becoming prime minister. I should have realised a charlatan was the obvious choice...

But a not entirely baseless prediction would be that Johnson's popularity will not increase under the kind of scrutiny he will get, and might even drop, while Corbyn's should rise a bit. And the psephologists do seem to think it is quite an ask for the Tories to win outright. And if they do not there is no other party that will do a deal with them.

Less obviously true, but there may now be signs that voters are starting to see through this hollowest of hollow men.

2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

I notice on the football threads you admit to being drunk at this time. perhaps you could remove yourself from this forum during times of slobbish behaviour, before you get thrown off.

**** off you despicable ****.

2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Cor - pot kettle black. I went looking for your most recent expletives to quote but it seems they were already removed! I guessed at the time it didn't merit any response (obviously you had lost control to use such language). Nothing new there.

Frankly anybody who can't debate with at least reasonable language should be thrown off - that said it's always worth seeing the depths to which some people plummet.