Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Sorry Ron. Bounce has been cancelled. Looks like we are going to be America's beeatch. 

27 minutes ago, Herman said:

Sorry Ron. Bounce has been cancelled. Looks like we are going to be America's beeatch. 

It's the 'Dead Cat' bounce you're looking for..... 

17 hours ago, ron obvious said:

Just watched A F Neil dismember Mr. Corbyn. 

Looking forward to BoJo getting the same treatment!

Will be very interesting to see what questions and non-answers are cooked up regarding the US pre-trade talks and “ it proves the NHS is for sale” accusations leveled at the Tories today. 

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Corbyn would not apologise due to the fact he's always supported the country's that terrorise Israel  !

Interesting that you choose to ignore Johnson’s openly racist and homophobic views. Says a lot about you, Swindo.

• Haha 1

Corbyn would not apologise due to the fact he's always supported the country's that terrorise Israel  !

What countries are those? Apart from a few Standard fireworks fired from the West Bank, no-one dare mess with them. Trump has even moved his Embassy just to support them. Of course that doesn't stop them sending jets and tanks in to combat those stones the youngsters keep throwing at them.

And if we are talking countries, I see we are still supporting the House of Saud even though it is bombing the Yemen and finacially supports Al Quaeda

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

What countries are those? Apart from a few Standard fireworks fired from the West Bank, no-one dare mess with them. Trump has even moved his Embassy just to support them. Of course that doesn't stop them sending jets and tanks in to combat those stones the youngsters keep throwing at them.

And if we are talking countries, I see we are still supporting the House of Saud even though it is bombing the Yemen and finacially supports Al Quaeda

History is always a bit confusing.  Today's terrorist is often tomorrow's freedom fighter.

For Israel read the Stern gangs -  King David hotel etc. 

I seem to recall Menachem Begin was still a wanted terrorist in the UK when he visited UK as Israeli PM. Many an ex service-man from the post war British mandate in Palestine threatened an instant fully legal citizen's arrest on sight as per any IRA terrorist. Think Maggie had to change the law.

Its seems to me that all these 'People of the Book' have their darker histories.

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Will be very interesting to see what questions and non-answers are cooked up regarding the US pre-trade talks and “ it proves the NHS is for sale” accusations leveled at the Tories today. 

Boris will waffle & gurn & look like a naughty schoolboy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

This is the election where 'None of the Above' is the only rational answer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Interesting that you choose to ignore Johnson’s openly racist and homophobic views. Says a lot about you, Swindo.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

So you would rather have the US policing the Middle East. It's long been held that the West interferes too much in other countries, Syria to give a recent example, Iraq further back. But when the US stands back and let's local players take responsibility, the Left still find an excuse to complain. 

22 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Arthur Balfour has a lot to answer for.

And a very short declaration - only 67 words - for something so significant:

'His Majesty's government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.'

As Arthur Koestler indicated, whatever the rights of wrongs of the idea, the problem it raised, which was foreshadowed with that wishful caveat about the rights of the Palestinians, and which has never been resolved, is that what the declaration amounted to was that 'One nation solemnly promised to a second nation the country of a third.'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

Well it appears that Boris is trying to avoid the interview now... what an appalling mess the BBC and rest of British media have got themselves into (again) 

Marina Lewycka wrote a novel (We Are All Made of Glue) which included a harrowing account of the treatment of Palestinians by the Jews. It was something I'd not really thought about before, but confirmed my belief that all nations & races are capable of despicable behaviour.

30 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Well it appears that Boris is trying to avoid the interview now... what an appalling mess the BBC and rest of British media have got themselves into (again) 

Tonight’s BBC schedule that had an “ interview with Party Leaders “ has apparently been updated to list a different program. So the opposition leaders have been grilled, but the leader of the political party that approves the BBC’s budget will not? That stinks to high heaven. Why broadcast any of the interviews until they were all in the can? Hello anyone? 

Add in that Mr Neil employs the wife of Dominic Cummings (reported in a Tweet, I do not know if that is true) and you have a very serious political bias scandal to be investigated - and now, not six months after the election. 

This is not an acceptable pattern of behavior for any media let alone the “independent national broadcaster” 

Edited by Surfer

3 hours ago, Surfer said:

"But, but they are anti-semites" seems to be the distraction technique being used, which was also used to distract attention away from the tory non-manifesto.

8 hours ago, king canary said:

I hate this attitude.

Neil is, in general, a very good interviewer and he's never gone easy on any politician as far as I can see. Some people are capable of putting their personal politics to one side and doing their job as professionals.

I watched sturgeon last night, funnily enough she managed to complete sentences with ease as Neil wasn’t jumping down her throat every 4 words. Be interesting to see how Boris fares.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Tonight’s BBC schedule that had an “ interview with Party Leaders “ has apparently been updated to list a different program. So the opposition leaders have been grilled, but the leader of the political party that approves the BBC’s budget will not? That stinks to high heaven. Why broadcast any of the interviews until they were all in the can? Hello anyone? 

Add in that Mr Neil employs the wife of Dominic Cummings (reported in a Tweet, I do not know if that is true) and you have a very serious political bias scandal to be investigated - and now, not six months after the election. 

This is not an acceptable pattern of behavior for any media let alone the “independent national broadcaster” 

This is true as well. Neil been moved to BBC 2, the One Show back in its place. This stinks. What are they playing at?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Herman said:

This is true as well. Neil been moved to BBC 2, the One Show back in its place. This stinks. What are they playing at?

I suppose the BBC could always do an 1 hour expose on the Tories 'sale' of NHS service to the US, the Islamophobia, the dodgy funding - and then empty chair Johnson's response..... all at prime time.

One could only assume  he's frit, a coward, yellow bellied, a fraud and simply unfit for the job.....

Ha Ha.

This answers it. The BBC haven't even arranged a date. I'm sorry, but this does properly stink now.

Edited by Herman

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Was he due to be interviewd tonight? I dont thinks so.

So you would rather have the US policing the Middle East. It's long been held that the West interferes too much in other countries, Syria to give a recent example, Iraq further back. But when the US stands back and let's local players take responsibility, the Left still find an excuse to complain. 

My word a short memory. The Kurds help out the US. Then the US allows Turkey to smash the Kurds.

I don't want anyone policing the Middle East. To many foreign powers stick their oars in "to protect their interests in the  region" and cause chaos when they do nothing.

And as has been mentioned, Balfour stitched the region up in 1917 in his effort to slide his tongue down the back of Rothschild's trousers.

It's the "great game" all over again - Russia and Europe (US this time) positioning to dominate sections of the Middle East. A really good book if anyone wants to read up on the 1917 - 1921 period that set up most of the current states, 

A Peace to End All Peace: The Fall of the Ottoman Empire and the Creation of the Modern Middle East

• Like 1

Was he due to be interviewd tonight? I dont thinks so.

No because he won't agree to a date. And surely it is plain enough to see why. Neill would make mincemeat of him regarding the Russia report, the NHS on the table with the US, and phrases such as letterboxes, picaninnies, water melons etc, let alone his policies.

55 minutes ago, Herman said:

This answers it. The BBC haven't even arranged a date. 

I expect it will take place on 13th December🤣

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I expect it will take place on 13th December🤣

Friday the 13th would be appropriate.😲

Today Labour has successfully deflected from the Brillo car crash with an equally spectacular failure to read an out-of-date US/UK pre-talk trade document --- And they're now under investigation for voter fraud.

Bravo 👍  Keep this up and Abbott might just be able to count to the number of seats they'll win 😀