Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

2 minutes ago, Jools said:

Received the following from Sir NigelĀ  via email half an hour ago, Winkerton:

Ā 

"Let me explain how we came to this difficult decision. When Boris Johnson came back with his new EU Treaty, I made no secret of my concerns. Two aspects, in particular, stood out. First, it did not ā€˜get Brexit doneā€™ ā€“ it would mean at least another three years of agonising negotiations in which EU negotiator Monsieur Barnier would have the upper hand. And second, the Treaty meant we were committing ourselves to regulatory and political alignment with EU rules on everything from our fishing to our financial services.

Thatā€™s why last week we signed 600 Brexit Party candidate nomination forms because I felt that in a democracy everybody deserves a genuine choice.

Last night, however, I heard something from Boris Johnson that at last made me feel more optimistic. In a video, the Prime Minister said that he would not extend the Transition Period beyond the end of 2020 ā€“ a huge challenge to Barnier and Juncker.

Even more importantly, Boris said that he would seek a ā€˜super Canada-plusā€™ free trade deal with the EU, with no political alignment. That is a significant step in the right direction. It starts to look more like the Brexit that 17.4m of us voted for.

So, we have decided to give Boris half a chance, and focus on taking the fight to Labour in their Brexit heartlands. It was The Brexit Party that beat Labour here in the May European elections ā€“ and we can, with your help, do it again. There are millions of traditional Labour voters waiting for a party that is on their side, that believes in bringing more money and jobs back to the regions, that says we need sensible immigration controls. These are messages that will resonate hard in those Labour Leave areas.

How do we hold Boris to his promises? We have to start winning some of those Labour seats, by making Corbynā€™s Labour pay for their betrayal of Brexit. Getting MPs into Parliament is the way we can hold Mr Johnson to account. We cannot win those seats without your help.

I have no great love for the Conservative Party. But I see stopping the Remainers and their rigged second referendum as the biggest issue facing our country. Our actions today have stopped the Remain alliance in its tracks."

Ā 

Ā 

šŸ‘

šŸ³šŸ³šŸ³šŸ³šŸ³šŸ³šŸ³šŸ³šŸ³

27 minutes ago, Van wink said:

You may well have done Herman, itā€™s pretty much the same deal. Whatā€™s changed now is it looks as if mostĀ the Brexiteers are now willing to buy into it.Ā 

Only the "politicians". Reading and listening to the grassroot BPers and they are not too happy.

I think we should all be grateful to Farage, he's followed Emma Watson's lead and self-partnered by forming an alliance with himself. šŸ˜€

Any news on those candidate fee refunds yet?

Ā 

Some of the contributions over at the Guardian are properly dementedĀ šŸ¤Ŗ Others are absolutely seethingĀ šŸ˜”Ā  I think theyā€™ve just worked out that Remain is now a lost cause šŸ˜€šŸ‘

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

So its looking pretty much like Mays deal with a bit of fiddling around the borders.

Whoever would have thought thatĀ šŸ§

Don't tell BillyšŸ˜‰

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

It secures the existing Tory seats, but may split the Brexit vote in northern Labour held seats and keepĀ Labour majorities. Long way to go yet, might still see further deals.

Edited by Van wink

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

I don't think it hurts Labour much but it does help Conservatives in Southern seats under threat from the Lib Dems. You can see that by the way the Lib Dem seat spread has dropped sharply. Their seat spread was a big sell at 45 which I tipped the other day. Its now down to 34.

Tories now 4-7 for a majority, Labour 20-1

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I don't think it hurts Labour much but it does help Conservatives in Southern seats under threat from the Lib Dems. You can see that by the way the Lib Dem seat spread has dropped sharply. Their seat spread was a big sell at 45 which I tipped the other day. Its now down to 34.

By the time the election comes the narrative I suspect will be if you want Brexit vote Tory. The u turn today from Sir NigelĀ šŸ˜Š has probably finished the Brexit party off.

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

By the time the election comes the narrative I suspect will be if you want Brexit vote Tory. The u turn today from Sir NigelĀ šŸ˜Š has probably finished the Brexit party off.

Never seeing or hearing that gurning mo fo and his mob of eejits would be one small mercy of brexit happening. šŸ˜€

Edited by Herman
Mo fo no no.

3 hours ago, Van wink said:

So its looking pretty much like Mays deal with a bit of fiddling around the borders.

Whoever would have thought thatĀ šŸ§

The only serious changeĀ from Mayā€™s deal that Johnson managed to ā€˜negotiateā€™ out of the EU was one the EU wanted all along. Absolute genius. As to the future relationship/trade deal with the EU, it is likely to be even further removed and more economically damaging than the one you wanted.

On 04/11/2019 at 11:57, Jools said:

Ā 

Campaigning up & down the country is hardly running away, Hermione.

up and down the country?

that didn't last long, did it šŸ¤£

57 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The only serious changeĀ from Mayā€™s deal that Johnson managed to ā€˜negotiateā€™ out of the EU was one the EU wanted all along. Absolute genius. As to the future relationship/trade deal with the EU, it is likely to be even further removed and more economically damaging than the one you wanted.

Good God, Purple, it's a good thing I'm here to put people straightĀ šŸ˜Ž

Around 70 Remainiac MPs have already stepped down and most still in their Parties will be deselected or get the boot --- The next government will be majority Brexiteer allowing Boris to radically revise the WA or scrap it altogether.

You're welcome šŸ˜€

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

up and down the country?

that didn't last long, did it šŸ¤£

You're a Labour man, Billock..

You have absolutely nothing to laugh about šŸ˜Ž

On 01/11/2019 at 16:34, Jools said:

It's not just about Brexit, Ricardo -- We are all heartily sick of the Lib/Lab/Con's revolving door politics and constitutional reform is a priority for ordinary people.

The Brexit Party offers that reform or it's more of the same.

I'm an ex-Tory voter and I'll be staying that way................ "oh dear" (Bill)

Boris has until Nov 14th to discuss an alliance before nominations close.

who will you vote for now mon pauvre Milician ?Ā  šŸ˜…

On 31/10/2019 at 19:12, Jools said:

I'm pretty sure Brexiteers would see money spent on a Brexiteer majority in Parliament as money well spent.

You really do have an abstract way of thinking, Hermione.

abstract ?

totally 'clueless' more like šŸ˜

bring back Cpt Pants

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

who will you vote for now mon pauvre Milician ?Ā  šŸ˜…

Anyone but Liebour, Limp-Dums or the Greenies.

As per I will also be voting on behalf of a decent number of elderly residents in my care homes šŸ˜€šŸ˜ŽšŸ™ƒ

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

abstract ?

totally 'clueless' more like šŸ˜

bring back Cpt Pants

Yes, I agree, Hermione is totally clueless šŸ˜€

I thought he was on your side and vice versa? šŸ¤£

Jools is certainly confident. Will he be right? For once.šŸ˜€

Ā 

"The UK is leaving the EU on October 31st and the Remainiacs have lost."

"Regarding Brexit --- We must leave without a deal --- Mark my words -- Any deal that the EU approves of is bad for the UK."
Ā 

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

Coming back to my prediction of 30 seats

On 28/08/2019 at 10:25, Jools said:

"when Parliament will return with no time to stop No Dealā€¦"Itā€™s being reported that Boris is set to prorogue parliament from 11th September, thereby preventing MPs from being able to table a vote of no confidence before the Brexit deadline. The move, which is certain to infuriate Remain MPs, will be difficult to challenge in court as it is standard practice for the purpose of a bog standard new Queenā€™s Speech. A new Queenā€™s Speech will be scheduled for 14th October, when Parliament will return with no time to stop No Dealā€¦

The move, agreed to in secret, was set to be unveiled at this afternoonā€™s Privy Council meeting, where three privy More on this as we get itā€¦councillors (led by Jacob Rees Mogg) will ask the Queen for a prorogation in council for 9th September.

"when Parliament will return with no time to stop No Dealā€¦"

and I thought the UK was still in the EU, perhaps I should listen a bit more to these nutters šŸ¤Ŗ

and talking of nutters, maybe mouse brain has something to say about the UK leaving on 31st October

"Happy Harlow " šŸ’”

Ā 

anyway that's all from me, I'm off before Dicko Dale makes another appearance, or our very own Nostradimus (Jools Verne, Up and Down the country in 80 lies) posts that Guido has told him that Xmas day will be on the 29th December this year.... thanks to the unelected Eurocrats who have also banned figgy pudding and roasting your chestnuts by an open fire - unless you are wearing a kilt that is

ta ra šŸŒ›

Ā 

Ā 

1 minute ago, Bill said:

"when Parliament will return with no time to stop No Dealā€¦"

and I thought the UK was still in the EU, perhaps I should listen a bit more to these nutters šŸ¤Ŗ

and talking of nutters, maybe mouse brain has something to say about the UK leaving on 31st October

"Happy Harlow " šŸ’”

Ā 

anyway that's all from me, I'm off before Dicko Dale makes another appearance, or our very own Nostradimus (Jools Verne, Up and Down the country in 80 lies) posts that Guido has told him that Xmas day will be on the 29th December this year.... thanks to the unelected Eurocrats who have also banned figgy pudding and roasting your chestnuts by an open fire - unless you are wearing a kilt that is

ta ra šŸŒ›

Ā 

Ā 

Do you want to add something about us not leaving the EU? That was the dumbest prediction of the past three years, Billy Boy.

Ā 

How are those composite motions getting on?

Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
3 minutes ago, Herman said:

Jools is certainly confident. Will he be right? For once.šŸ˜€

Ā 
Ā 

Erm, who dominated the 2019 European elections?

Who won the last GE?

Who won the EU referendum?

Who won the 2010 GE?

Ā 

Right for once? šŸ™ƒ

Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
2 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

How are those composite motions getting on?

Ā 

Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā Ā  šŸ¤£

Source: The Telegraph

Ā 

With theĀ 0.3pc expansion reported on Monday, Britain has now had 13 quarters of economic growth since the Brexit referendum. The evidence is irrefutable: the UK economy has grown faster than Germany, FranceĀ and the eurozone as a whole for most of the last two years. It is has outgrown several west European states even since the vote.Ā 

Totting up the exact numbers, it is no longer excusable for the Remainer establishment, the Liberal Democrats,Ā and allied think tanks, to keep claiming that the UK economy is 3pc smaller than it would have been without Brexit, or that we are ā€œ3pc poorerā€ in Westminster parlance.

The total accumulated growth for the UK is 4.9pc. This compares with Belgium (4.7pc), or Germany (4.7pc) if we generously assume that there is no German contraction in the third quarter when the final result comes out later this week, not to mention Italy (3.2pc).

France (5.8pc) has been the outperformer, in part because Emmanuel Macron has abandoned key reforms and lavished fiscal stimulus on theĀ gilets jaunes, but even so France has not outstripped the UK by much.Ā 

The overall picture of the last three years is taking clear shape. The UK had a relatively bad year in 2017 when it was still carrying out fiscal tightening. The eurozone had a stellar year because the stars were briefly aligned: the end of austerity, the delayed effects of QE, and a Chinese mini-boom that lifted Germany, all at a time when there was still a large output gap and therefore plenty of low-hanging fruit.

That one year of 2017 distorted perceptions and allowed anti-Brexit agitators - including at times the Bank of England and the International Monetary Fund, and above all lobby groups funded by EU vested interests - to foster a narrative of lost growth, which has since become an article of faith in the European and global media.Ā 

That narrative has been invalidated by the last seven quarters. The UK has grown faster (2.2pc) than the eurozone as a whole (2pc) over that period, yet there has been no acknowledgement of this levelling effect.Ā 

My guess is that the accumulated slippage in GDP growth since the referendum that can legitimately be attributed to Brexit is about 1pc. The rest is the result of global forces beyond our control and the crisis in the international car industry.Ā Ā Ā Ā 

Exaggerated claims by the anti-Brexit movement are part of an ideological battle within the UK and across the European political landscape. They are intended to shape opinion and change policy. They matter. They must therefore be confronted and debunked.

• Like 1

Lady Nugee shrugs shoulders, doesn't give sh!t Labour can't be trusted with our security - or the economy

Ā 

Edited by Rock The Boat
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

My guess is that the accumulated slippage in GDP growth since the referendum that can legitimately be attributed to Brexit is about 1pc. The rest is the result of global forces beyond our control and the crisis in the international car industry.Ā Ā Ā 

oh dear, poor hand crank.....never the brightest whatever name he posts under

as surely the one major bleat from these dimwits was that brexit would 'take back control' yet here they are admitting that there are far bigger forces than anything the UK can muster

so how would the liars deal with these 'forces' if the are 'beyond our control' ?

maybe a lesson is to be learnt from WW2 where merchants ships sailed in convoy so as to be better protected

rather than the absurd brexiteer idea that the best way would be sail well apart from the convoy as that way they would be able to deal with U boats far better on their own, than being in a large convoy

brexiteers, thicker than you probably first thought šŸ˜