Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Oh Ian. Oh Ian, Ian, Ian...

Yes, my bad. I do apologise for the incorrect figure. I am definitely a 25% shareholder - the dangers of arguing on the internet without proofreading. I reckon you could probably do some digging anyway if you are really that inclined to find out if I'm truthful or not...

Edited by Ian
typo

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Shut up. Liar.

Careful, you're beginning to sound like Bill. You don't know what sort of conclusions might be drawn!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Yes, my bad. 25% shareholder - the dangers of arguing on the internet without proofreading. I reckon you could probably do some digging anyway if you are really that inclined to find out if I'm truthful or not...

I could. I could also go looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

canarydan23 quoted you in a topic: The Brexit Party
1 hour ago

Bill quoted you in a topic: The Brexit Party
1 hour ago

1 hour ago

TCCANARY quoted you in a topic: The Brexit Party
5 hours ago

5 hours ago

18 hours ago

Hoola Han Solo quoted you in a topic: The Brexit Party

18 hours ago

Yesterday at 15:23

Seems like the same old remainers are having a go at me. Give it a rest, your'e not going to win.

I thought you were going to ‘win’ on Halloween, Swindo?! 🎃 👻 

You’re just throwing a strop because you don’t like people pointing out you’re a racist that constantly lies and posts up stuff that is blatantly untrue. If you are going to copy and paste, make sure it’s not a pack of lies 👍🏻

Also, try using your own brain and opinions on things for a change, instead of being easily brainwashed by your fellow right wing nutters 🤪 

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I could. I could also go looking for the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

What is that, a catchy name for Labour's economic policy? 

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

image.png.9c8a7dd0f20ad3d0c3435df5c409ca2e.png  A little bit of truth always always gets peoples backs up !

You’re a sad fantasist that posted up a pretend girlfriend, Swindo. Give it a rest mate, you have zero credibility on this site.

Just now, Ian said:

What is that, a catchy name for Labour's economic policy? 

Their real economic policy? Or one that will cost you, a "business owner", a fortune?

Is Johnson Churchillian?

If you remember that Churchill also first dreamt up Gallipoli then yes, that era definitely. 

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Well, it's interesting that you think so. I have a full-time job, and also support a business in which I am a director and 50% shareholder, which employs a handful of people. I personally don't draw a salary from this, and my shares do not earn a dividend. We are self-funded and have no external investors.

Whilst my business partner runs things full-time, I regularly work 60 hour weeks (and very often more) to support our products, and am absolutely essential to the revenue streams keeping our business afloat. In addition to corporation tax, we also pay substantial VAT on our services rendered. Our employees are employed on a full-time basis, and as I'm sure you're aware, we contribute revenues via employer's NI, pension contributions and so on. At some point I hope to be able to switch to a full-time position, although this is some way off. I can assure you that we certainly do not take huge salaries and dividends from our company, and I know of other small businesses who operate in the same manner simply for tax efficiency.

If corporation tax begins to increase, along with increases in personal taxes for higher earners, we would re-assess the business in its entirety and either convert to a partnership arrangement or simply chuck things in altogether. I certainly wouldn't bother working so many hours without financial compensation to try and build for the future, when I could be "living the dream" on a four-day week, and I am fairly sure my business partner would feel the same. I cannot begin to tell you the amount of unpaid time, effort and stress we have contributed over the last decade or so to get to even the modest place we are today, and it is very frustrating to be lumped in with serial tax-dodgers like Amazon and Facebook, who I doubt would even feel the impact on a corporation tax increase anyway.

You are free to call BS if you like, but quite frankly we should be looking at tax reductions on small companies turning over less than a few million, not increases. The real issue is that neither the Conservatives, or Labour (in all their bluster) actually have the nuts to do anything about the big boys when they know how much revenue is contributed in other means via PAYE and VAT, and the revenues that trickle down to the smaller sub-contractors. Instead Labour try to appeal to a certain demographic by promising an increase in corporation tax, knowing full well that it isn't the problem.

Excellent post, Ian, and that last paragraph is absolutely spot on

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Well, the numerous times you've accused multiple posters of being one and the same, that time you talked about battery technology improving in recent times (Li-Ion was about in the 70s), and that other time you accused me of lying when I said the European Anthem was actually never ratified.

They're just the ones I can think of off the top of my head, but anyway, the thread in question has long since gone so I'm happy for you to pretend it never happened!

I'm sure everyone would prefer it if you stayed on-topic Bill. 

Cant help himself😉

57 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

1 hour ago

1 hour ago

1 hour ago

TCCANARY quoted you in a topic: The Brexit Party
5 hours ago

5 hours ago

18 hours ago

18 hours ago

Yesterday at 15:23

Seems like the same old remainers are having a go at me. Give it a rest, your'e not going to win.

Considering we are still in the EU I think we've done rather well.

"When you build your house on swampland, don't be surprised when it disappears."

10 minutes ago, Herman said:

Considering we are still in the EU I think we've done rather well.

"When you build your house on swampland, don't be surprised when it disappears."

Isn't that due to climate change?

9 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Drunk as a Billy

Looks like water. I fear he is just an idiot. (Know more than fear tbh.)

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Honestly, has there ever been a more dismal set of political leaders across the board in UK politics?

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

I read it was booze and his aids changed it, wouldn’t surprise me.

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Honestly, has there ever been a more dismal set of political leaders across the board in UK politics?

There's two really good leaders. One's in Scotland and the other is for the Greens.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ian said:

Not in my memory, anyway fireworks and game so something to look forward to😀

Edited by Van wink

1 minute ago, Herman said:

There's two really good leaders. One's in Scotland and the other is for the Greens.

Good one :classic_biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

I fear Nichola is not going to come out of the Salmond affair too well

10 minutes ago, Herman said:

Macbeth and Robin Hood?

• Haha 2

My Grandson asked me why people who work for someone else, have to use PAYE, have a mortgage, a house that goes up and down in value depending on somebody panicking in Docklands and are told the yare spending more than they are worth . . .

ever vote Conservative?

He asked me, Don't they realise that is why so many younger people would rather believe Corbyn than Johnson and his cohorts and why they will vote Labour.

4 hours ago, Bill said:

no, that is just you lying again as you have posted up something that you not know "what he actually said"

now why not use Google and see what comes up ?

ps I did, that's why I know you are lying ☹️

He's probably too busy with his instagram fantasy girlfriend