Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

3 hours ago, Van wink said:

I think it was Mr Austin that raised it Hermy

the same Ian Austin

"On 1 June 2012, he apologised after claiming falsely that a Palestinian human rights group, Friends of Al-Aqsa, had denied the Holocaust happened in an article he wrote on the Labour Uncut website in 2011. He accepted that the material of which he complained had been produced by an unconnected individual. "

or

"Austin had tried to split a claim for stamp duty on buying his second home in London into two payments and tried to claim the cost back over two financial years. This allowed him to claim the majority of the money (£21,559, just £75 short of the maximum) under his second-home allowance in the 2005/06 financial year. He then claimed for the remaining £1,344 stamp duty cost in 2006–2007, together with his legal fees. In all, he went on to claim £22,076 (£34 short of the maximum) in the next financial year.[24]

It also reported that Austin "flipped" his second-home designation weeks before buying a £270,000 London flat, and that he had claimed £467 for a stereo system for his constituency home, shortly before he changed his second-home designation to London. He then spent a further £2,800 furnishing the new London flat."

quite a reliable source

almost as reliable as your 'mate' RTB's knowledge of the A11 🇫🇷

"

3 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Of course not 

Getting warmer, not colder 

Last time I drove the A11 it was lined with palm trees :classic_biggrin:

Good news, I won't need my woolly hat and gloves tomorrow night then?

Edited by ricardo
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Maybe an up and coming star. Looks like she has been on the CC for a couple of years. Where s she doing her degree?

Looks like she's @ricardo's councillor, perhaps he knows?

18 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Any Polar Bears on the A11?

Last time I saw a polar bear it was on a mint

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

it's your wooly head I would be more worried about

and do you go steady 😊

black-and-white-engraving-of-a-victorian

Just now, Van wink said:

Looks like Austin is getting the full treatment 😀

Bill's had the briefing😀

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

it's your wooly head I would be more worried about

and do you go steady 😊

black-and-white-engraving-of-a-victorian

That's my old bike😀🚴‍♀️

“Bill's had the briefing

He was disappointingly slow getting it out there. Must be at the bottom of the list.
Edited by Van wink
  • Haha 1

"One might hope that, going into such a momentous election, the prime minister would be honest with the British public about these trade-offs. Instead, Mr Johnson appears to have started as he means to go on."

A bit of a good, deserved, kicking for Johnson.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/theres-no-chance-fibber-johnson-will-get-brexit-done-by-end-of-january-7nx56fm22#_=_

fantastic ?

so far a mysoginist who blames women for rape

another who thinks Corbyn wants to shoot the rich, and that the Tories are the victims of brexit

and following the refusal to release information on how Russia involved itself it the UK referendum we now have " the official fiscal watchdog was blocked from releasing new figures on the state deficit and debt. "

Bertie must be wondering why he could not hide the above two as he has with these reports

and that was only day 2

Excellento!  👍  👇

Hoyle.png?w=540&ssl=1

New Speaker Sir Lindsay has confirmed he will ban MPs trying to tear up the Commons rule book in future, and reverse Bercow’s reforms that allowed Remain MPs to block Brexit. Against the advice of constitutional experts at the time…

Hoyle said his approach will make it much harder for a future House of Commons to resist the government of the day; specifically around whether MPs can amend business motions that set the way in which the Commons structures its debates.

Looking to restore public trust in the role of the Speaker, he has promised to tidy up, clarify and close the loopholes of the Commons rulebook, so “nobody could accuse the Speaker” of anything. Is it any wonder Remainiacs wanted Harriet ‘continuity Bercow’ Harman to win on Monday…  🤥🤡world

campaign-round1.jpg?w=540&ssl=1

TORIES

• Economy Day. Saj Speech 👍
  • Three ex-Labour MPs voting Tory 👍
  • “Keep their knickers on” candidate comments row
  •  Topline(s):
    • Former Labour MPs Ian Austin and John Woodcock say Corbyn would be a disaster ✔️
    • Labour means economic chaos ✔️
    • Best thing for economy is getting Brexit done ✔️

LABOUR

• Battlebus launch  🚐
  • Labour will “borrow to invest” on an unprecedented scale  😮🤪
  • Watson resignation fallout 😀
  • Topline(s)
    • Labour will shift the economic balance of power north 🙃
    • Labour’s borrowing will pay for itself 🤣

LIB DEM

• Forged a ‘Remain Alliance’ with the Greens and Plaid Cymru 😂
  • Topline(s)
    • Stop Brexit 🤐😁

BREXIT PARTY

• Richard Tice is standing in Hartlepool 👍😎
  • Topline(s)
    • Boris is offering a Remainer’s Brexit ☹️

and as handcrank/RTB are elsewhere another liar pops up

there is no Commons rule book, just custom and practice

which, as Parliament is sovereign, can be amended as they see fit.... you know the 'Sovereignty of Parliament'

much as they can remove the Speaker if they have no confidence in him or her

so basically you have done no more than affirm your ignorance of the workings of the lower house

a sort of ar sepiece for Guido - spewing out the sh it he wants your sort to believe

Edited by Bill

Labour Manifesto:

Collectivisation of farming - The removal of over 70s to care homes and releasing their properties to the State -- Tax on all UK gardens -- Steal landlords properties to sell them cheaply to tenants -- Expel millionaires/billionaires -- Free unicorns to all gullible tw@ts with a £400 billion spending spree -- Open borders and immigration for everyone on the planet leading to the swamping of the NHS and Education systems and exacerbating housing/infrastructure shortages -- Abolition of private education, thereby lowering standards, exacerbating the brain drain and increasing the tax burden in one fell swoop -- Leaving NATO and cancelling Trident...

Horrific reading isn't it..

7 minutes ago, Jools said:

Labour Manifesto:

Collectivisation of farming - The removal of over 70s to care homes and releasing their properties to the State -- Tax on all UK gardens -- Steal landlords properties to sell them cheaply to tenants -- Expel millionaires/billionaires -- Free unicorns to all gullible tw@ts with a £400 billion spending spree -- Open borders and immigration for everyone on the planet leading to the swamping of the NHS and Education systems and exacerbating housing/infrastructure shortages -- Abolition of private education, thereby lowering standards, exacerbating the brain drain and increasing the tax burden in one fell swoop -- Leaving NATO and cancelling Trident...

Stuff Jools made up, isn't it..

Fixed it for you.

Spread betting tips update.

Buy Tories at 327      spread 319/327

Sell LibDems at 42.    Spread 42/47

Labour  210/218  not tempted either way at present.

The beauty of spread betting is you can cash in gains or restrict losses as the market moves. You dont have to wait for the final result.

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Spread betting tips update.

Buy Tories at 327      spread 319/327

Sell LibDems at 42.    Spread 42/47

Labour  210/218  not tempted either way at present.

The beauty of spread betting is you can cash in gains or restrict losses as the market moves. You dont have to wait for the final result.

I think I'll have a tenner on Shergar winning next years National instead

stick your money on the Tories being under 300 (remember 2017 :classic_biggrin:)

20 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think I'll have a tenner on Shergar winning next years National instead

stick your money on the Tories being under 300 (remember 2017 :classic_biggrin:)

Shergar was a flat racer not a jumper so wouldnt have been in the National. There was an interesting TV prog recently about his disappearance.  Very sad end for a great horse.

It would be a brave bet to sell Tory seats at 319, but could be very lucrative if they went below 300. Unfortunately losses would be extensive if the polls are anywhere near right.

My main thought at the moment is Lib Dem votes very likely to go back to Labour. I dont see  how Labour can get below 200-210 seats.

Still all to play for.

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Shergar was a flat racer not a jumper so wouldnt have been in the National. There was an interesting TV prog recently about his disappearance.  Very sad end for a great horse.

It would be a brave bet to sell Tory seats at 319, but could be very lucrative if they went below 300. Unfortunately losses would be extensive if the polls are anywhere near right.

My main thought at the moment is Lib Dem votes very likely to go back to Labour. I dont see  how Labour can get below 200-210 seats.

Still all to play for.

yes, that was the point of the joke

eh ?

at the moment the evidence is that Remain voting Tory areas are shifting to the LibDems which will cause Lab voters in those areas to vote tactically - tactical voting being anti Tory as it was in 1997

with Scots Tories being mainly pro Remain I cannot see them hanging onto many, if any seats in Scotland

I don't think you lot are aware of just how poisonous Johnson is to much of the country, and whatever pro Brexit Labour voters do it will not be a vote for the Tories that is for certain

start to factor in student voting with that high level of tactical voting and you might just begin to see what an uphill task Johnson has

"A Survation poll commissioned by the party in Sir John’s Wokingham constituency, obtained by The Independent, found the Tory vote plummeting 15 points since the 2017 general election to 42 per cent, with Lib Dems just four points behind on 38 per cent – up 22 points.

With Labour down 13 points to 12 per cent in the poll, Jo Swinson’s party said the Berkshire seat was now “a two-horse race” with Lib Dems closing in on Redwood.

A party source said the pattern was being repeated in many areas of the leafy commuter belt around the capital, suggesting “massive” swings among traditional Tory voters against the “Trumpian right-wing politics” ushered in by Mr Johnson.

Survation polling in South Cambridgeshire – held by Tories for almost 30 years until Heidi Allen’s defection in February – showed Lib Dems picking up 21 points to leapfrog the two larger parties on 40 per cent, with Tories down 16 points to 36 per cent and Labour down 15 to 12 per cent."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/lib-dems-brexit-election-boris-johnson-london-constituency-a9188416.html

This as explained earlier is why Swinson is making such a big noise about not working with Corbyn, so as to avoid the warning of Vote Swinson - Get Corbyn.

Survation was the polling that I based my thought that the 2017 election would be a hung Parliament. Maybe you should ask yourself why you got it so badly wrong.

You won't be able to cycle with all these biblical floods Its a sign, I tell ya.

Boris is going to slaughter all the first born of remainers. Well actually he is going to get Rambo Francois to do it. Legend of the Catering Corps.

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

You won't be able to cycle with all these biblical floods Its a sign, I tell ya.

Boris is going to slaughter all the first born of remainers. Well actually he is going to get Rambo Francois to do it. Legend of the Catering Corps.

Makes you realise how much we miss Lord Nuttall VC, DSC (and lounge) Bar. First man to climb everest on a pogo stick.

Further to the above

"The most high-profile target of the pact is Dominic Raab, the hard-Brexit backing foreign secretary, with the Greens standing aside for Lib Dems in his Surrey constituency of Esher and Walton.

Mr Raab romped home with a 39-point lead in 2017, but a new poll offers hope to Jo Swinson’s party, suggesting he is only 9 points ahead – even before the Greens stand aside."

That is not intended as some sort of 'gloat' merely evidence of how I believe voting is shaping up. The problem is that smearing Corbyn needs a good deal of lying and misrepresentation whereas with Johnson the lies and misrepresentation have come from him, himself.

ps you may remember this as a young lad

s-l300.jpg

and a young Tilson not understanding the difference between having a tiller and a tilly at the stern of the boat

image.jpg

Lived in Earlham when the bad floods hit us almost continally and not just in 1953 and what was the UEA was always under water from the Yare overflowing.

5 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

What’s that got to do with you being a compulsive liar, Swindo?!

Try making your own mind up about things, rather than being brainwashed by things you don’t understand 👍🏻

37 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Try making your own mind up about things, rather than being brainwashed by things you don’t understand 👍🏻

how can i be lying when all i'm posting is what someone else has put up ? you just love calling me names 

28 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

I do seriously think mouse brain has learning difficulties, if only by the uff he posts from elsewhere

If I was arguing the merits of NCFC v the binners I would not post that 5-0 defeat back in the 90's - as much as posting up blatant lies does not really do your case any good - quite the opposite, as this guff talks about the imminent complete collapse of the EU 

which is rather sstupid given that this nonsense is at least 7 years old - almost as old as mouse brain some might think

ps here's some other fanatics predicting the future - 15 secs in

I wonder whathappened to them - moved to Swindon, perhaps ?