Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Ask Swindon who is writing the Conservatives manifesto and who were they linked to. 

14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

image.png.fb229331f52db9b1117a357aae94f569.png

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11062418/Thatcher-granted-secret-pardon-to-IRA-terrorist.html

Mrs Thatcher gave an IRA terrorist a secret royal pardon just months after the Brighton Hotel bombing. Jeremy Corbyn spoke to the IRA in plain sight.

If you want peace you have to talk to the other side.

It's something all MP's do. Sir Michael Fallon (Con.) attended a cocktail party thrown by Assad.

I don't really expect you to understand this as you have shown us on numerous occasions that you are stupid.

• Like 2

Not sure I can take another five and a bit weeks of what is already shaping up to be the most dispiriting and morally bankrupt election since the war. Which would not matter so much if the stakes were not so high. Often said about elections, but true in this case, with the wrong result being potentially catastrophic for the country.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Herman said:

A No 10 source said reports such as that of the intelligence and security committee normally took about six weeks to be cleared for publication, and there was nothing unusual about the delay.

I see SC is still best ignored with his fascile immature cut and paste comments. Best left to the 5 year olds.

Corbyn doesn't support terrorism - what he does support is quite often the underdog and has sympathies left-over from the 1960s and 1970s and the cold-war of an 'anti-west' mentality - seeing US and European connivance in maintaining and supporting dubious third world governments for their own 'power' games. Think Chile or indeed Iran. Today think Saudi Arabia.

The problem is of course that the world is far from ideal and much is 'done in our name' that most wouldn't want to subscribe too.

For me the real attack on Corbyn is his pacifism and the fact that he rushes to defend (or understand) the indefensible with an anti-West bias. His Skripal response summed him up - preferring it seemed at first to find any excuse not to blame Putin and Russia 

However - we'll let SC and RTB play their silly and rather immature name calling games. 

Edited by Yellow Fever

15 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

A No 10 source said reports such as that of the intelligence and security committee normally took about six weeks to be cleared for publication, and there was nothing unusual about the delay.

Bloody hell, what's your name, Laura Kuennsberg?? You need to find another source mate.

Swindon and RTB are obsessed. The rise of the right wing is clearly illustrated with these two. And that is what happens when the Tories are in for two long. They obliterate all the grey areas and leave you with the idea that if you aren't with them, you are a risk to the public, economy and monarchy.

Fair enough Swindon is ex grey funnel and the military is right wing for obvious reasons. But I can't fathom RTB out.

2 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Warwick could be interesting (where I live). Labour lead of 1,206 in a traditional Tory stronghold (that voted to Remain).

The new Tory candidate looks like a work experience kid though.

image.thumb.png.70a1a0c8b338b96839053462b001fcec.png

comparing that result to the previous four results it might suggest the ukip vote shifted o Labour in 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warwick_and_Leamington_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

however I would suggest that with a substantial increase in both voter turn out and Labour's increase it shows that it most likely was a combination of those who might not have voted before and those voting tactically that gave Labour enough votes to win

the above is what is being ignored so far

a poll taken on the streets or on the phone will indicate how someone is likely to vote, what it does not do is show how likely they are to vote - ao my thought is do not be lulled into a false view of the final vote based on the usual polling methods (Ricardo 2017 ...100-70 Tory majority)

many Tory voters are immune to austerity alsomthe cuts in income via UC and may well live in areas that don't see the effects of a drastic cut in police numbers, eo will not know the depths of feeling against the Tories

Looks like Henry **** (NW Norfolk is standing down, joining Broadland's Keith Simpson and North Norfolk Liberal Democrat Norman Lamb is also standing down.

But all is not lost as N Norfolk have their very own 'Tory Boy'  Duncan Baker, some who looks about 16, but sounds about 60.

And Waveney appear to have Eddie Izzard as their candidate.

As to Tory voters my grandad always reckoned that it was those still living in 'tied cottages' that voted Tory.

Bottom of the pile but still clinging onto the thought 'master knows best'.

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

Yes.

Has anyone seen John Redwood sing the national anthem?

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Bill said:

Looks like Henry **** (NW Norfolk is standing down, joining Broadland's Keith Simpson and North Norfolk Liberal Democrat Norman Lamb is also standing down.

But all is not lost as N Norfolk have their very own 'Tory Boy'  Duncan Baker, some who looks about 16, but sounds about 60.

And Waveney appear to have Eddie Izzard as their candidate.

As to Tory voters my grandad always reckoned that it was those still living in 'tied cottages' that voted Tory.

Bottom of the pile but still clinging onto the thought 'master knows best'.

13.6 million living in tied cottages? Did your grandfather ever leave his village?

And you still claiming we won't leave the EU?

On 31/10/2019 at 13:38, ricardo said:

The only thing that tempts me at the moment is selling LDEM seats at 45. I think a lot of the Remain vote will go back to Labour.

LDem seat spread now selling at 39. A nice 6 point win and the beauty of spread betting is that you can can cash in now at a profit. Assuming you took my tip and got on at 45 of course.

I think it will go below 35.

"A court has ruled that Donald Trump must hand over tax returns to prosecutors in New York after he lost an appeal against an earlier ruling.  Cyrus Vance Jr, a New York district attorney, has subpoenaed eight years of the president’s personal and corporate tax returns, from 2011 to 2018, and other legal documents from accountancy firm Mazars USA as part of a criminal investigation into hush-money payments to Stormy Daniels and Karen McDougal."

We need this, if not a higher, level of scrutiny of our PM, instead of

• Questions about Dominic Cummings’s connections to Russia and the levels of security vetting to which he has been subjected in Downing Street after an official-level whistleblower raised serious concerns.
  • Arcuri also told Bloomberg that Johnson was aware of her links with Hayes before he was convicted of rigging the Libor interest rate.
  • Boris Johnson has defended a £160,000 donation made to the Conservatives by a former Russian minister's wife in return for a tennis match with him.
  • Downing Street has been accused of sitting on an explosive parliamentary report on the security threat posed by Russia to the UK, which examined allegations that Kremlin-sponsored activity distorted the result of the 2016 EU referendum.
  • The Met Police have now confirmed that they sent a file for “early investigative advice” to the CPS on October 17.Vote Leave was backed by high profile MPs including Boris Johnson and his senior aide Dominic Cummings was its campaign director.

A PM who is involved in numerous investigations concerning allegations of fraud and misfeasance in public office would normally be seen as a very serious matter. Yet it seems as if because he is seen as an habitual liar it is acceptable.

"Boris Johnson told “so many lies” during the EU referendum campaign, the outgoing president of the European commission, Jean-Claude Juncker, has said. "

But hark, what yonder voice do I hear ? Who is that touching his forelock and wringing his cap ? Why, it is Tom Daft a labouring bigot who is claiming that Johnson would not lie to his sort. Johnson may have lied to everyone else, so much so that even his family do not trust him. Even his former wife divorced him because he was such a liar.

Maybe Tom Daft should talk to the DUP..... who also trusted him, before mumbling that "master knows best".

31 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Did your grandfather ever leave his village?

Yes, 'to serve his country'

rushed out to France April 1918 to help shore up the line - still in his teens with only a couple of weeks training

he lost two lads he grew up with, one who lived next door, hence my attending the Rembrance service in my village - something if I remember hand crank you and mouse brain did not do in either previous years despite your jingoistic sh it on here

maybe what he saw and experienced in those few months led him to recognise the sheer stupidity of those who did not learn from it and sadly still have not

so you can shove your usual snide remarks up your jacksie, hand crank or who ever you really are

my allegiance is with those who came back to find a land that was not fit for heroes, but who then fought alongside others to better their lot - one that often saw them as no better than the beasts of the field

""In many of our villages, a man who joins a trade union is worthy of the Victoria Cross that's won on a battlefield. In many villages he dare not be known to be a member of the union. But to be a branch secretary! That is to risk one's livelihood every day in the week".

yep, thrown out onto the streets along with your family if you spoke up - and today's conditions, holiday and sickness pay owes much to them - not the snivellin' scum who would see it taken away because they feel they do not have common purpose with those in the same situation but put their trust (delusion) in those who have lied to them all their lives

but as the senile on here will tell you 'master knows best'

Latest election result in,

Chorley - Labour hold.

Current state of the parties

Labour 1

Con 0

LD 0

etc.

Everyone playing catch up, still too close to call. 😀

11 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Latest election result in,

Chorley - Labour hold.

Current state of the parties

Labour 1

Con 0

LD 0

etc.

Everyone playing catch up, still too close to call. 😀

I think you mean predict

'call' comes from a decision made in baseball that relates to whether a player is in, or out

so it is a decision based on something that HAS happened

you cannot 'call' something that has not happened 😉

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

Good call, thanks. 😀

I had already predicted you would reply as such

and will predict that Farage's six hundred, a sort of charge of the sh,ite brigade, will provide much diversion during the run up to the vote

be it revelations of previous **** offences, fraud or violence we shall have to wait tosee

as with the expected comments that suggest they think that Alf Garnett was a far too tolerant, liberal minded leftie

and out they shall spill like turds out of the nightcart racing down a bumpy hill

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2019/nov/04/microsoft-japan-four-day-work-week-productivity

How will employers ever cope if they have to pay people the same rate for 4 day working weeks? Productivity up 40%, absence down 25% and happiness improved. So they pay the same money for 40% more productivity and a happier, more enthusiastic workforce. 

What an awful situation. Good job none of our politicians are progressive enough to suggest it.

Edited by kick it off

remember the Tories telling us all how the minimum wage would destroy the economy ?

or how introducing the NHS would destroy health care in the country ?

an equal age of consent would lead to the sexual abuse to teenage boys ?

" The Tories will try to scupper a government ban on cigarette advertising tomorrow triggering a furious row over their links to the tobacco industry. At least five Conservative frontbenchers have taken free perks from tobacco firms during this parliament, including tickets to prestigious rugby and tennis matches." " Some Tories argued that a ban could result in an increase in smoking in domestic homes - exposing more children to secondhand smoke. "

to look at progressive legislation and socil change is to read up on decades of Tory regressive and bigoted though, and action

something they are now attempting to turn back as they seek to cut wages, work conditions and safety, reduce holiday and sick pay - oversee schools, hospitals and police budgets cut

you either agree with the above or you oppose it - there is no 'but they make the trains run on time' clause, as evidence from history shows where 'touching your forelock to your betters' leads to

die on your feet fighting, or live on your knees grovellin' mumbling that 'master knows best'