Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

Various comments on that kind suggestion spring to mind but we have already had one Brexit thread zapped, so best not to endanger the lifespan of this one...

I think that was down to Len Crank's rather strident views on homosexuality

Hence his absence from this parish of late

Meanwhile any update on your thought that

" and cannot vote? Actually we can, even if some of my fellow Remainers are apparently forcedĀ  to live in countries such as France, where they have the gall to impose taxes. And not just in this general election, but in the last EU referendum as well, and the next, if there is one, provided they left the UK not more than 15 years ago. "

I do hope you are not getting yourself confused with another absentee, bagster - who similar had the same thought. So much so that he actually claimed to had voted in said referendum.

A lie as it turned out.

• Sad 1

I do hope the current stand off with the bigots does not lead to any nastiness, as with the Night of the Long Knives.

The huge array of talent Farage has at his disposal in the way of candidates must worry poor Bertie, when coupled with his extraordinary ability to make an absolute ar se of himself by constantly getting somethng wrong.

Swap the two leaders and the bigots could put up a good fight.

Farage has the gift of making bullsht seem plausible whereas Bertie just makes anything plausible sound like bullsht.

So expect to see much of Farage, whereas it will be the Tory candidates and not the hapless Bertie to the fore.

1. Most Lab votes in Leave seats Farage is targeting voted Remain in 2016

2. The voters who will find BP most attractive in such seats likely to be those who voted UKIP in 2015

3. Most of those voters backed Con in 2017

4. Therefore, BP will typically but not always hurt Con more than Lab in such seats.

5. Because UKIPā€™s collapse in 2017 benefitted Con more than Lab in such seats

Edited by BigFish

Richard Tice
ā€@TiceRichard

Weā€™ve made a reasonable compromise offer to the Tories. Drop the terrible Withdrawal Agreement and take 6 months to negotiate a simple Free Trade Deal using Article 24 of WTO rules.

If so we can support Boris to build a powerful Leave Alliance to ensure a big majority.

Ā 

Sounds reasonable enough -- Over to you, Boris...

5 minutes ago, Jools said:

Richard Tice
ā€@TiceRichard

Weā€™ve made a reasonable compromise offer to the Tories. Drop the terrible Withdrawal Agreement and take 6 months to negotiate a simple Free Trade Deal using Article 24 of WTO rules.

If so we can support Boris to build a powerful Leave Alliance to ensure a big majority.

Ā 

Sounds reasonable enough -- Over to you, Boris...

Never going to happen. Ex Tory voters have already returned home so there is nothing to be gained by an alliance.

• Like 1

.... especially when they are basing their plan on the unicorn **** of article 24.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Johnson tells Farage to get lost. Brexit Party to stand in every electorate. Lot of deposits lost there. Bookies now believe its a hung parliament likely.

Ā 

46 minutes ago, BigFish said:

1. Most Lab votes in Leave seats Farage is targeting voted Remain in 2016

2. The voters who will find BP most attractive in such seats likely to be those who voted UKIP in 2015

3. Most of those voters backed Con in 2017

4. Therefore, BP will typically but not always hurt Con more than Lab in such seats.

5. Because UKIPā€™s collapse in 2017 benefitted Con more than Lab in such sets

Looks to meĀ like the ERG / Tories and Farages's Brexit Party are going to be fighting each other like ferrets in a sack. WhatĀ joy šŸ™‚.

Ā 

I expect there are some celebrity endorsements that are not really helpful.

Jonathan Kingā€Ā @KingOfHits

image.png.a42981007aefb1d55deeea061226cced.png
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 

#JeremyCorbyn hopefully the next #PrimeMinister; I disagree with a chunk of his policies but I like the look & sound of him, admire his decency & honesty, hate the media attacks on him, consider him not anti-semite in any way & most of all like him being old, wise, & unambitious.

4:17 am - 31 Oct 2019
Ā 

image.png

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Never going to happen. Ex Tory voters have already returned home so there is nothing to be gained by an alliance.

I hate to say this but Brexiters are not so logical. It's all about feeling and to h**ll with the facts. That isĀ Farage's strength as a pied piper!Ā Ā 

Edited by Yellow Fever

3 hours ago, Bill said:

err, it was a pi sstake out of your stupidity

something you seem well capable of affirming

Ā 

ps at what occurence could I win this 'bet' ?

What occurrence ? NON WHAT SO EVER which I've been telling you since you started writing 'We will never leave'Ā 

Ā 

41 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Never going to happen. Ex Tory voters have already returned home ļ»æso there is nothing to be gained by an alliance.

So you would rather the Brexit Party split the vote allowing Steptoe a free pass into No. 10?

21 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

What occurrence ? NON WHAT SO EVER which I've been telling you since you started writing 'We will never leave'

stop LYING

only a thicko would not be able to see why that is a lie

Ā 

ps what about that bet ?

16 minutes ago, Jools said:

So you would rather the Brexit Party split the vote allowing Steptoe a free pass into No. 10?

With the Tories already on 40% it is obvious that the biggest part of the remaining 10% BXP vote are non Tory voters or voters who would never vote Tory in any event. Farage can't deliver any sort of Brexit, only Boris can do that.

A plausible theory that popped up a few times today is that Farage doesn't want Johnson to get Brexit done. What would happen to his tawdry career if we did leave?Ā 

BP will all lose their deposits. And no wonder if Farage keeps bringing Trump into his propaganda. "As my very good friend said" is more likely to make people puke than vote.

A plausible theory that popped up a few times today is that Farage doesn't want Johnson to get Brexit done. What would happen to his tawdry career if we did leave?Ā 

He is guaranteed a nice pension of course. And a chat show looming now that the other bigot is no longer on.

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

With the Tories already on 40% it is obvious that the biggest part of the remaining 10% BXP vote are non Tory voters or voters who would never vote Tory in any event. Farage can't deliver any sort of Brexit, only Boris can do that.

It's not just about Brexit, Ricardo -- We are all heartily sick of the Lib/Lab/Con's revolving door politics and constitutional reform is a priority for ordinary people.

The Brexit Party offers that reform or it's more of the same.

I'm an ex-Tory voter and I'll be staying that way.

Boris has until Nov 14th to discuss an alliance before nominations close.

BXP will poll well in the same seats that UKIP did. Northern Labour seats.

But they still won't gain a seat.

Just now, Jools said:

It's not just about Brexit, Ricardo -- We are all heartily sick of the Lib/Lab/Con's revolving door politics and constitutional reform is a priority for ordinary people.

You are wasting your vote then.

Just now, Herman said:

Farage is a self serving opportunist and so will say what he thinks betters his cause....himself.

Just as Johnson spun the DUP a pile of shi te so Farage will is merely using the possibility of disrupting the Tories as leverage. In this case which of them is the true prophet of brexit.

Much as in the Middle East where the gormless are used to slaughter each either overwho is the better sing Sony or Cher...... or in their case Sunni and Shia.

So we have bigots aligning with something they think will deliver them to the land of Ali's Snackbar, or the sunny uplands as the not too bright over here imagine.

4 minutes ago, Jools said:

Ā 

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

You are wasting your vote then.

Ā 

As I said

Fighting like ferrets in a sack !

Let's not disturb them!

3 minutes ago, Jools said:

We ?

You mean the gormless halfwits who were conned and so rather than admit it, want some 'stab in the back' explanation as to why their level of stupidity was not matched by deliverence.

So it is the system now. The very one that Farage has supported all his adult life and has only complained that voters did see him fit to be in Parliament that has now given him a convenient peg to hang gis bleats upon.

It is not a system where elected memembers in the main serve their constituents, it is those elected who don't give a flying fck about the numpties who voted for him and someone does no work and doesn't turn up to meeting he is supposed to.

Why has he sought to be elected as an MP if it is so flawed ?

Ā 

11 minutes ago, Jools said:

an alliance !

dear god, there's a worrying thought that he thinks the best way a dog can deal ith a tick

................is to form an alliance with it šŸ¤£

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

Farage is a self serving opportunist and so will say what he thinks betters his cause....himself.

Just as Johnson spun the DUP a pile of shi te so Farage will is merely using the possibility of disrupting the Tories as leverage. In this case which of them is the true prophet of brexit.

Much as in the Middle East where the gormless are used to slaughter each either overwho is the better sing Sony or Cher...... or in their case Sunni and Shia.

So we have bigots aligning with something they think will deliver them to the land of Ali's Snackbar, or the sunny uplands as the not too bright over here imagine.

Deary me!

2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Looks like Steptoe is confusing Dear Emily with the Pope

Screen Shot 2019-10-31 at 16.01.29.png

Ā 

šŸ˜² Christ alive, Van Winkerton, I was just about to eat!

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

due to decency regulations we cannot be shown pictures of Johnson or Farage kissing Trump's ring

Just now, Van wink said:

Deary me!

the word is dearie

(do keep up RTB)

Ā 

ps where's Cpt Pants ?

24 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Looks like Steptoe is confusing Dear Emily with the Pope

Did he lose his false teeth?