Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Vote Conservative. Get Trump. 

Vote Labour, get the Trots🤗

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Herman said:

Guess who wrote this on the 17th of October, on someone else's forum??

"Like his Remainiac cohorts, he'll carry on in denial and pretend to be pleased at the notion that Boris's deal is dubious.

Hermione and his fellow munsters need to realise that it's the current deal or no deal at all --- There will be no 2nd referendum nor revocation.

The UK is leaving the EU on October 31st and the Remainiacs have lost

Zero commiserations to Hermione, Billock, canarydanielle23, Yellow Fever, Surfer, Purple(bell-ender)Canary, kick it off, Hoola Han Solo, SmallFry etc, etc."

🤣🤣🤣.

What a ****!!!

Shyster plainly has much stronger feelings about me than I ever did about him.

The following teenager obviously missed out on the BS Lefty indoctrination the 'Kick it Off' teacher inculcates his poor students with at his underperforming Sheffield Primary 👍👇

Question is, how did this lad get past the BBC commissars?  🤔

Edited by Jools

16 hours ago, ricardo said:

If you look back at page 66 you will see the discussion concerned who was perceived to be at fault for the impass. Herman was adament that Boris would take the blame. I differed and here is polling evidence that supports that view

image.png

Yes, but I was dismantling the notion, to be fair not just put forward by you, that it is a Remain HoC. It is not because it has never voted that way, although it had the chance to do so. Being opposed to a crackpot Brexit is not the same as being opposed to Brexit.

And the person most responsible for Brexit not having happened yet is undoubtedly Theresa May, but that is not the same question as whom voters are blaming for not specifically leaving on October 31, and whether that will carry on when they vote. My guess is that any Brexiters now blaming Johnson will forget about that on December 12.

Edited by PurpleCanary

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Yes, but I was dismantling the notion, to be fair not just put forward by you, that it is a Remain HoC. It is not because it has never voted that way, although it had the chance to do so. Being opposed to a crackpot Brexit is not the same as being opposed to Brexit.

And the person most responsible for Brexit not having happened yet is undoubtedly Theresa May, but that is not the same question as whom voters are blaming for not specifically leaving on October 31, and whether that will carry on when they vote. My guess is that any Brexiters now blaming Johnson will forget about that on December 12.

Edited by PurpleCanary

Bromsgrove South result:
Oct 31st

CON: 40.2% (-0.3)
IND: 22.8% (+22.8)
LDEM: 18.7% (+13.7)
LAB: 18.3% (-32.2)

👍

Has to be said mind, the conservative candidate looks more like a Lefty/Labour person:

10617568.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=resp

😀

10 minutes ago, Jools said:

One of your finest posts yet, PC 😀

I was trying out a minimalist not so 'less is more'  but more like a 'nothing is more' style. Perhaps other posters will follow suit, given how appreciative you have been.

34 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

You need to take that argument up with Bill who is the acknowledged expert in these matters. We have been lectured many times on the numbers that make it a Remainer Parliament😀

I had a quiet Halloween, thank you

The daily countdown was just a bit of fun, please take it that way.

By the way, one of the callers on my door was this guy, I gave him my support.

image.thumb.png.d16b47a76b422f38c5343e70c2288ad4.png

2 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

You said we’d leave on 29 March.

Then you were so confident of a 31 October exit you did a daily countdown, like an excitable 5 year old that’s had too many haribo.

You’re a laughing stock Swindo 😂

Tick tock 🎃🎃👻👻🎃🎃

Trust you had a good Halloween? Did you get many sweets? 🧟‍♀️👻🎃

In reply to this

Just listened to Donald Farage's opening address. What right has he to mention Trump's impressions of our politicians.

As a serial loser he is very optimistic to say "we are very close". And then on reflection, he meant Trump and him.

Perhaps Trump can phone the Mexican President and ask him to investigate Corbyn and he will knock down the wall. Especially in Colorado.

Image result for knocked down wall

17 hours ago, Jools said:

The plan is for the Brexit Party to focus on just 20 or 30 seats to allow a Brexiteer majority in Parliament, Ricardo:

Today’s Financial Times splash focuses on rumours that the Brexit Party is preparing not to stand in hundreds of constituencies. The party is polling in low double-digits, meaning they are unlikely to win a single seat, yet it is enough to split the vote and let Remainers pip the Tories to the post, as we saw in the Brecon by-election. The Brexit Party risks preventing exactly what they were founded to deliver if they run a national slate…

Yesterday, senior party figure John Longworth MEP urged his party to focus on just “20 or 30” seats to allow a Brexiteer majority in Parliament. Guido has compiled a helpful list for Nigel of where he might want to focus:

• Kingston upon Hull East – 72% Leave
  • Doncaster North – 71% Leave
  • Barnsley East – 71% Leave
  • Bolsover – 70% Leave
  • Wentworth and Dearne – 70% Leave
  • Hartlepool – 69% Leave
  • Normanton, Pontefract and Castleford – 69% Leave
  • Don Valley – 68% Leave
  • Rotherham – 68% Leave
  • Barnsley Central – 68% Leave
  • West Bromwich East – 68% Leave
  • Wolverhampton South East – 68% Leave
  • Hemsworth – 68% Leave
  • Kingston upon Hull West and Hessle – 68% Leave
  • Redcar – 67% Leave
  • Doncaster Central – 66% Leave
  • Burnley – 66% Leave
  • Stockton North – 66% Leave
  • Sheffield South East – 66% Leave
  • Middlesbrough – 66% Leave

UKIP historically failed to win Westminster seats because it spread resources thinly. Unlike in European elections the relentless electoral logic of first-past-the-post constituencies means a 5-Star Movement type breakthrough will not happen in Britain.  A laser-like focus on favourable seats with the limited resources and manpower available is the strategy most likely to reap rewards. A broad, thinly spread national campaign will simply result in a lot of lost deposits. Guido’s worried the Brexit Party will kill the best and perhaps last chance to leave the EU.

Tories sympathetic to Nigel have seen the polling research that shows that a Tory-Brexit Party pact will lose more Tory votes to the LibDems than it will gain from Brexit Party loyalists. The first rule of politics is to learn to count…

That didn't age well. 😀

1 minute ago, TCCANARY said:

That didn't age well. 😀

Is the election tomorrow?

Early days, young lady.

Johnson tells Farage to get lost. Brexit Party to stand in every electorate. Lot of deposits lost there. Bookies now believe its a hung parliament likely.

2 hours ago, Jools said:

Bromsgrove South result:
Oct 31st

CON: 40.2% (-0.3)
IND: 22.8% (+22.8)
LDEM: 18.7% (+13.7)
LAB: 18.3% (-32.2)

👍

Has to be said mind, the conservative candidate looks more like a Lefty/Labour person:

10617568.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=resp

😀

"Is the election tomorrow?

Early days, young lady."

🤣

19 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Has the 'Days to Brexit' clock now gone into reverse - counting up ? Poor old Swindo.

I think he stopped when he ran out of fingers

Edited by Bill

12 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:
29th March

31st October...... ?

Give us a date, oh dimwitted one...

A date is what we want 

Go on then Billy boy, I and many others will take you on with that (easy money)

and why would I be saying that, if as you claimed you never wrote we would never leave ?

err, it was a pi sstake out of your stupidity

something you seem well capable of affirming

ps at what occurence could I win this 'bet' ?

Edited by Bill

Loving Farage at the moment, the man's hubris and ego prevents him from realising what is going on. Very very pleased he is trashing Johnson's "sell-out" deal and if the Brexit company stands up candidates in all seats we will see how popular they really are. Virtually no-one who voted Labour in 2015 will vote BP.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

You need to take that argument up with Bill who is the acknowledged expert in these matters. We have been lectured many times on the numbers that make it a Remainer Parliament😀

Various comments on that kind suggestion spring to mind but we have already had one Brexit thread zapped, so best not to endanger the lifespan of this one...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TCCANARY said:

That didn't age well. 😀

It’s not the point though unfortunately. Whether it is true or disproven is irrelevant. The tactic (a Russian one) is to flood the news outlets with lies so that the electorate loses any will to believe anyone. In that fog of lies authoritarians are free to conduct their business unchallenged. 

For anyone asking why the US puts up with the Republican Party and this President that’s why... make sure the same does not take hold there with Boris and the Tories.

Edited by Surfer
  • Haha 1