Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

Dodgy-lib-dem-bar-chart.png?w=540&ssl=1

As the general election campaign kicks off the Lib Dems have released another infamous bar chart, this time appearing to claim the party is just 6 points behind Jacob Rees-Mogg in his Somerset constituency. Eagled eyed readers will read the small print:

“Survation polled 405 respondents aged 18+ living in NE Somerset with the question: “Imagine that the result in your constituency was expected to be very close between the Conservative and Liberal Democrat candidate, and none of the other parties were competitive. In this scenario, which party would you vote for?” Fieldwork: 16th-18th Oct. Others 6%, Don’t know 8%, Refused 2%”

Even by Lib Dem standards, presenting a hypothetical scenario as if it’s a serious constituency poll is beyond dodgy. Sadly for the Lib Dems, even when asking about a hypothetically extraordinarily close race, they can’t unseat Mogg…

342.jpg

😀

1 hour ago, Jools said:

😀😁😃😆  👇

He's back by popular demand. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

You are still under the illusion that the Labour members who voted for the second reading would have stayed for the third. It was never going through.

It may, it may have not. We can't be certain because Johnson didn't have the courage to find out. Like his hero, trump, he is a blowhard. 

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

image.thumb.png.1b0592cb2c6ac63c102705703474ecc6.png

This is why Labour are struggling.

Corbyn and his class war stuff won't work

Yes and Donald Trump will never be POTUS

30 minutes ago, Van wink said:

He's back by popular demand. 

Can you bring back the old Jools?

"I am talking about the cuts in tax credits Osbourne is imposing for his own selfish political ends that will cause untold misery for the poorest of our society.  There are so many other areas of state expenditure that can, and should be cut before resorting to this vindictive approach. Trident is one such area.Osborne is not the sort of politician who can generate public appeal. He should take a few tips from Corbyn. It looks as though the toff **** will be really hated by 2020 so I would love to see Osbourne lead the Tories into the next election."

Bravo, Andrew Bridgen, a fitting way to bring the career of the poison dwarf to a long-overdue end 👍👇

Extraordinary scenes in the House of Commons earlier saw John Bercow launch into a lengthy tirade against Andrew Bridgen after the Leicestershire MP spoke of Bercow’s responses to his numerous complaints against Keith Vaz. A red-faced Bercow suffered humiliation after finishing his six-minute tirade against Bridgen, when it was revealed had he allowed the MP to finish he would have been praised…

The tetchy exchange continued as friend-of-Vaz Bercow slowly steamed in his chair. Well worth a watch… 😎

EU-BILL.png?w=540&ssl=1

On the day we were meant to leave the EU, new figures published by the ONS show Britain’s gross contributions to the EU have increased to a whopping £398 million-per-week. When excluding VAT & GNI adjustments, this is up by 8.5% from 2017 to 2018 (exclude VAT & GNI adjustments). Boris and Cummings have their new campaign slogan…

Christ you Remainiacs are grade A spam javelins.

On the day we were meant to leave the EU, new figures published by the ONS show Britain’s gross contributions to the EU have increased to a whopping £398 million-per-week. When excluding VAT & GNI adjustments, this is up by 8.5% from 2017 to 2018 (exclude VAT & GNI adjustments). Boris and Cummings have their new campaign slogan…

Christ you Remainiacs are grade A spam javelins.

Well why didn't the above pictured pillock vote for his leaders deal? Oh I forgot, he did once. How he stills has the whip only public schoolboys in the Masons know.

Guess who wrote this on the 17th of October, on someone else's forum??

"Like his Remainiac cohorts, he'll carry on in denial and pretend to be pleased at the notion that Boris's deal is dubious.

Hermione and his fellow munsters need to realise that it's the current deal or no deal at all --- There will be no 2nd referendum nor revocation.

The UK is leaving the EU on October 31st and the Remainiacs have lost

Zero commiserations to Hermione, Billock, canarydanielle23, Yellow Fever, Surfer, Purple(bell-ender)Canary, kick it off, Hoola Han Solo, SmallFry etc, etc."

🤣🤣🤣.

What a ****!!!

4 hours ago, ricardo said:

So it was his fault that the majority Remain Parliament blocked it?

An interesting point, hmmmm🤔

If it was a Remain HoC how come MPs never simply revoked Article 50, ricardo? The reality is that, no matter how they voted in the referendum, quite enough MPs became prepared (for a variety of reasons) to vote for Brexit.

And if May had faced down the ERG right at the outset when it was nowhere near as strong as her cowardice ended up making it, and gone for a Brexit with a customs' union (only the ERG was fundamentally opposed to that) she would almost certainly have got that through.

But because of her cowardice and incompetence MPs were faced first with her hard Brexit and then with Johnson's harder Brexit at a time by which the ERG was much more powerful, the DUP had to be kept onside, which was not the case before, and Tory party discipline had broken down. Hence the defeats.

And even then if Johnson had accepted Labour's offer of giving his deal more scrutiny that still might have passed, especially if he had made some concessions on workers' rights, for example.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Van wink said:

Is it fair to assume that our remain posters will be voting Lib Dem?

But surely we all live on tropical tax-haven islands like me and and cannot vote? Actually we can, even if some of my fellow Remainers are apparently forced  to live in countries such as France, where they have the gall to impose taxes. And not just in this general election, but in the last EU referendum as well, and the next, if there is one, provided they left the UK not more than 15 years ago.

So regarding that future FTA with the USA - I did warn you; Trump is on nobody's side except for himself. 

Donald Trump tells @LBC he's warned Boris Johnson his Brexit deal might hamper free trade agreement with the US:

'This deal, to be honest, some aspects of it, you cannot do a trade deal with the UK.'

12 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

If it was a Remain HoC how come MPs never simply revoked Article 50, ricardo? The reality is that, no matter how they voted in the referendum, quite enough MPs became prepared (for a variety of reasons) to vote for Brexit.

And if May had faced down the ERG right at the outset when it was nowhere near as strong as her cowardice ended up making it, and gone for a Brexit with a customs' union (only the ERG was fundamentally opposed to that) she would almost certainly have got that through.

But because of her cowardice and incompetence MPs were faced first with her hard Brexit and then with Johnson's harder Brexit at a time by which the ERG was much more powerful, the DUP had to be kept onside, which was not the case before, and Tory party discipline had broken down. Hence the defeats.

And even then if Johnson had accepted Labour's offer of giving his deal more scrutiny that still might have passed, especially if he had made some concessions on workers' rights, for example.

This is 100% correct. You either face the extremists down when you can or you will never get rid of them. 

5 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

But surely we all live on tropical tax-haven islands like me and and cannot vote? Actually we can, even if some of my fellow Remainers are apparently forced  to live in countries such as France, where they have the gall to impose taxes. And not just in this general election, but in the last EU referendum as well, and the next, if there is one, provided they left the UK not more than 15 years ago.

So I'll put that down as a maybe

30 minutes ago, Herman said:

Guess who wrote this on the 17th of October, on someone else's forum??

"Like his Remainiac cohorts, he'll carry on in denial and pretend to be pleased at the notion that Boris's deal is dubious.

Hermione and his fellow munsters need to realise that it's the current deal or no deal at all --- There will be no 2nd referendum nor revocation.

The UK is leaving the EU on October 31st and the Remainiacs have lost

Zero commiserations to Hermione, Billock, canarydanielle23, Yellow Fever, Surfer, Purple(bell-ender)Canary, kick it off, Hoola Han Solo, SmallFry etc, etc."

🤣🤣🤣.

What a ****!!!

There will be no 2nd referendum nor revocation -- The leaving date has changed yet again owing to undemocratic Remainiacs -- Undemocratic Remainiacs who are now stepping down or are going to lose their seats....

The UK is leaving the EU 👍

You are voting for Jo Swansong 🤪😀

33 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

If you look back at page 66 you will see the discussion concerned who was perceived to be at fault for the impass. Herman was adament that Boris would take the blame. I differed and here is polling evidence that supports that view

image.png

Edited by ricardo

9 minutes ago, ricardo said:

If you look back at page 66 you will see the discussion concerned who was perceived to be at fault for the impass. Herman was adament that Boris would take the blame. I differed and here is polling evidence that supports that view

I think I was more shocked that people can't see that he was to blame.

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

I think I was more shocked that people can't see that he was to blame.

I think I was more shocked that you couldn't see that most people would think he wasn't.

36 minutes ago, Jools said:

There will be no 2nd referendum nor revocation -- The leaving date has changed yet again owing to undemocratic Remainiacs -- Undemocratic Remainiacs who are now stepping down or are going to lose their seats....

The UK is leaving the EU 👍

You are voting for Jo Swansong 🤪😀

Good to see you back Shyster 😘😘

What triggered your ‘break’? 😀

😉😀

9 minutes ago, Herman said:

I still live in hope that the British public aren't that stupid.

I doubt anybody ever got rich betting on that😉

Farage has spoken to Trump and Trump says he is backing Boris. Just like in the dorm at Eton then.

Corbyn will be bad for us he says. What he means is, he will be bad for Trump.

Mind you, he hasn't got much longer.

The US House of Representatives has passed a resolution to formally proceed with the impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump.

The greatest witch hunt in American history says the thick US President. He should have known Warlocks. He talks enough of it.