Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

He's not called Skidmark Ricardo for nothing.😀

I suspect that’s more to do with his bike

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

So you're saying the vote should be restricted to tax payers.

Ah I see we are heading towards the old "property owners" ploy -

Poll taxes are illegal my friend. Been there done that... 

I understand the Ille-et-Vilaine Office de Tourisme is delighted with all the mentions Rennes, the main city of the department, has been getting. And the same for Citroen for all the references to its C1, although a touch on the quietly baffled side since the vehicle in the photograph in question was a Mini.

I have to say - much as I support the vote being extended to 16 and 17 year olds, I don't think this bill was an appropriate place to lobby for that. Should definitely happen next parliament though.

• Like 3

Surprise surprise, 10 of the 21 Tories that Boris booted out the party have now been welcomed back. Almost like Boris has absolutely no spine, no conviction and does whatever is politically expedient. Pathetic

Confirmed: 10 independents have the whip back. Burt, Nokes, Clark, Soames, Vaizey, James, Stephen Hammond, Brine, Harrington, Benyon. Of those I think Burt, Soames, Harrington and Benyon are standing down anyway

Edited by kick it off

On 29/10/2019 at 18:00, PurpleCanary said:

I understand the Ille-et-Vilaine Office de Tourisme is delighted with all the mentions Rennes, the main city of the department, has been getting. And the same for Citroen for all the references to its C1, although a touch on the quietly baffled side since the vehicle in the photograph in question was a Mini.

I believe Rennes featured on earlier pages of this thread together with a picci of its Creperie. There are rumours of a furtive Englishman taking illicit photographs of the town square, a photofit image was issued by the Gendarmerie.

Edited by Van wink
  • Haha 1

Reports circulating that the government have caved on the date and will go for the 9th. Quelle surprise that Boris can't even beat the Lib Dems and SNP in a negotiation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bill said:

how many Tory seats will they cause to be lost, by splitting the bigot vote ?

Is Jamie Vardy related to Steptoe Corbyn?......

4 hours ago, Bill said:

now remind me who else refers to Corbyn as 'Steptoe'

perhaps your previous name upperbarclay ?

ps try puttig steptoe in the search box, very interesting  😁

Changing usernames is very sad I agree. Ever done it?

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

Poor Labour, forced into an election as they could see that they would be out voted. AND NO DEAL IS NOT OFF THE TABLE !

I heard Corbyn is about to run off with Instagram model Ayanna Jordan anyway. No wonder you don't like him, stealing your girl like that.

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Don't like him due to his love for the IRA.

But you don't mind giving a billion pounds to terrorists like Peter Robinson of the DUP who smuggled arms including RPGs into the UK. Or Jeffrey Donaldson who ran campaigns for Enoch Powell.

Consistent as ever Swindo

Edited by kick it off

2 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

They laughed when Boris Johnson became Prime Minister. They aren't laughing now.

I didn't laugh. Too ashamed of the country to do that. 

7 minutes ago, kick it off said:

But you don't mind giving a billion pounds to terrorists like Peter Robinson of the DUP who smuggled arms including RPGs into the UK. Or Jeffrey Donaldson who ran campaigns for Enoch Powell.

Consistent as ever Swindo

WRONG !!

2 hours ago, kick it off said:

I have to say - much as I support the vote being extended to 16 and 17 year olds, I don't think this bill was an appropriate place to lobby for that. Should definitely happen next parliament though.

Mind if mind if I ask why ?

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

Mind if mind if I ask why ?

Just think that something as important as tampering with the electoral demographic should have proper debate and be part of wider measures to improve our voting system. Trying to force it through today would have resulted in the government pulling the bill and running away (again). Needs to be done but needs to be done properly, with due process and scrutiny.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

WRONG !!

So you won't be voting for the Tories then as you're opposed to both Corbyn and the Tories due to their terrorist connections?

3 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Just think that something as important as tampering with the electoral demographic should have proper debate and be part of wider measures to improve our voting system. Trying to force it through today would have resulted in the government pulling the bill and running away (again). Needs to be done but needs to be done properly, with due process and scrutiny.

But why do you think 16 and 17 year old kids should get the vote ?

4 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I heard somewhere that electoral commission are of the view that a 6 month full consulation should kick the process off. 

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

I think 16 and 17 year old young adults have every right to determine their future. 

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Thats the point of the consultation FF, to get all different views.

Just now, Van wink said:

I heard somewhere that electoral commission are of the view that a 6 month full consulation should kick the process off. 

Appropriate way to proceed in my book.

😀

Soubry just said MP's don't want any election

After voting 438-20 in favour

Edited by ricardo

3 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I think 16 and 17 year old young adults have every right to determine their future. 

It’s not just their own future though, it’s a no from me personally

• Like 1