Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

7 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Oh dear, you really are triggered. And a walking advertisement for everything wrong with the looney left.

It doesn't matter whether she is black, a woman, Dad is a welder or Mum is a nurse.

What matters is - is she competent? And as she demonstrates every time she appears in public, she is the total opposite of competent, and as such has become a national laughing stock - along with her lover boy Jeremy Corbyn.

She's a woman and she's black; she could probably save your family from a burning building and you'd still find fault.

And despite the inferno filling the air with thick smoke, the stench of your misogyny and racism would power through.

24 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

She's a woman and she's black; she could probably save your family from a burning building and you'd still find fault.

And despite the inferno filling the air with thick smoke, the stench of your misogyny and racism would power through.

She would make an incompetent firefighter just as she makes an incompetent MP, and despite filling the air with virtue-signalling identity politics your stupidity powers through.

56 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

And the tactic of keeping Boris out of the public eye cannot feasibly be sustained through an entire election campaign. There is a whole ream of ammo to throw at him that he won't be able to answer without looking like the bumbling idiot he is. Why isn't he dead in a ditch? What happened to his plan to lie down in from of the bulldozers at Heathrow? How many more journalists has he wanted beaten up? What does he feel about his financial backers betting on the pound collapsing?

America voted for Trump and we laughed. Are we really, collectively as a nation, as futten ret@rded as that?

I worry the answer may be yes.

Well it is up to the opposition parties to make hay with all his misdemeanours. And I know it will be repelled with "dirty politics" and "avoiding spelling out your won policies" but this incompetent egomaniac needs taking to task in public and not be allowed to sway people with his undoubted talent for humour to avoid the real question.

KG, of those who voted a majority voted for Clinton, despite her failings. And in the UK I am not an expert but I think Johnson only needs to get something like a third or two-fifths or whatever (certainly only a minority) for an outright majority of MPs.

5 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

She would make an incompetent firefighter just as she makes an incompetent MP, and despite filling the air with virtue-signalling identity politics your stupidity powers through.

An idiot thinks me stupid; I must be smarter than I thought.

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

I suspect the LD’s will have a greater impact on the Labour vote than the Brexit party will have on the Tories. 

Some good odds there for our JC supporters.

I'm not sure that is the case. The LibDems will eat into the tory vote and the Brexit Company will eat Labour and tory votes. 

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

I'm not sure that is the case. The LibDems will eat into the tory vote and the Brexit Company will eat Labour and tory votes. 

My thoughts are pretty much that those that want assurance from the election that we will remain in the EU will vote Lib Dem, the only party offering that. The Tories offer an exit deal that is harder than that in Mays WA and imo will appeal to a lot of the Brexit party voters.

Labour only offers further confusion, negotiation and another referendum with the possibility of another narrow result, leaving us no further forward than we are now.

It will come down to.... if you want to leave vote Tory, if you want to remain vote LD..........if you want further uncertainty vote Labour.

Not a good look for JC and the wiser heads in the Labour party see that.

56 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

One just have to look at the polling figures and if they are accurate - and I realise it is a big if - then LidDems are neck and neck, and sometimes even ahead of Labour. FPTP doesn't favour LibDems but their brand is strong while Laboour's brand is non-existant, so they should do better than they have done for years, expect them to capture between 25-30 TORY seats.

9 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Corbyn will now start wearing thick brown corduroy troos so them turtle's head stains don't show.......Maybe Keef Vazeline (currently on a sabbatical) could help fund Labour's campaign by flogging a shedload of washing machines?......Harriet Harperson could also bake an' sell a few PIEs......

19 minutes ago, BigFish said:

No, I think VW has it right. Those who want to vote Remain will vote Libdems, those who vote Leave will vote Tory. There will be some nibbling from Brexit Party and Greens but there is no reason at all to vote Labour as they stand for nothing and will suffer wipeout. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rock The Boat said:

No, I think VW has it right. Those who want to vote Remain will vote Libdems, those who vote Leave will vote Tory. There will be some nibbling from Brexit Party and Greens but there is no reason at all to vote Labour as they stand for nothing and will suffer wipeout. 

I would tend to agree with that if the election were only about Brexit. My guess is that Labour will try and shift the agenda into other areas and the GE outcome will largely depend on how successful they are in doing that.

Not an easy task as both the Tories and Lib Dems will want to keep the focus on Brexit.

3 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

I would be extremely surprised to see Labour go below 200 seats. If the seat spread goes below this figure on the betting exchanges I will certainly be a buyer. Last time I looked they were at 207.

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

KG, of those who voted a majority voted for Clinton, despite her failings. And in the UK I am not an expert but I think Johnson only needs to get something like a third or two-fifths or whatever (certainly only a minority) for an outright majority of MPs.

The electoral college is a dumb system.

First Past the Post is even dumber.

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Looks like Labour are trying to kill Johnson with amendments.

More like, at least get the earlier date

47 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

I would tend to agree with that if the election were only about Brexit. My guess is that Labour will try and shift the agenda into other areas and the GE outcome will largely depend on how successful they are in doing that.

Not an easy task as both the Tories and Lib Dems will want to keep the focus on Brexit.

The only way Labour can take the focus away from Brexit is to vote through the WA before the GE. Not a great day for the remoaners.

• Like 1

The matter of Labour voters is not one that would bother me. None of them voted for the Tories. Many of them voted Leave in the referendum. But they will never vote anything other than Labour at a GE.

And I would imagine why they want an earlier date is the student vote. Rather than them being watered down when they come back to Cornwall etc, they want the mass counted where they are residing.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Sounds like there is absolute meltdown in the Labour party going on at this very moment. Poor old Steptoe.

now remind me who else refers to Corbyn as 'Steptoe'

perhaps your previous name upperbarclay ?

ps try puttig steptoe in the search box, very interesting  😁

Also expecting the Sun to go down on Iain Duncan Smith's parliamentary career......no great loss

So keeping this thread on topic 🙂 how many seats will The Brexit Company obtain in the GE? 

2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Oh dear, you really are triggered. And a walking advertisement for everything wrong with the looney left.

It doesn't matter whether she is black, a woman, Dad is a welder or Mum is a nurse.

triggered ?

gosh, look at him with his trendy right wing newspeak 🤪

though I think his comments regarding Abbott tell us all we need to know

(once they lose the argument the mask of decency soon slips)

9 minutes ago, Surfer said:

So keeping this thread on topic 🙂 how many seats will The Brexit Company obtain in the GE? 

how many Tory seats will they cause to be lost, by splitting the bigot vote ?

Ian Blackford, the SNP’s leader at Westminster, is speaking now.

He says the SNP has been accused of trying to obstruct Brexit.

“Guilty as charged,” he says. 🙌

7 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

how many seats will The Brexit Company obtain in the GE? 

😂

None