Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

10 hours ago, paul moy said:

Nobody voted LEAVE to be tied umbilically to the EU for ever under a new treaty and to pay 39 billion plus for the honour.  They voted to be an independent state, free to control their own democracy, world affairs, FTAs, immigration etc.

Boris cannot go for No Deal because of the dishonesty of parliament and the GE is the only way to sort this out.  Brexit Party all the way for me.

You are just denying  the will of the British people Paul. You can't fool us - it's  not that you don't want  this  deal, it because  you don't  want ANY deal - you're just a  remainiac, using the  terms of any deal as an excuse!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paul moy said:

Stand back !!! Swamp-draining soon to start !!     LOLLLLLLLLLL

Are you being deported? Maybe you could go to America and find your own "Pearl"

3 hours ago, Herman said:

That's the first sensible thing you have written since a Cromer chip shop recommendation.*

*Even that may have been someone else.😀

The best Cromer chip shop recommendation is to tootle a mile along the cost to East Runton and buy at Will's Plaice.

Not knocking Mary Jane's or The No 1 as they are both very good but Will's Plaice is better.

I went upstairs at No 1 in the end. Service wasn't brilliant but the food was cracking. The burger joint next door was top notch as well. Next time I am up there I will try Will's.👍

I don’t think either will happen, veto or no deal. I will do a tenner with you to go to pups. 

9 hours ago, paul moy said:

So, Macron will veto extension unless Corbyn agrees to an election.  Haha... No Deal  

Taking back control. LOL

EU will or have to lose patience with the UK at some point. Macron's threatened veto is just the start.

I would still be surprised if another extension isn't granted but someone needs to give the UK a massive kick up the jacksie.

The democratic event in the UK which the EU have mentioned is likely to be an election, which I believe will turn into a pseudo referendum and campaigned solely on Brexit. We will then have a government full of either remainers or brexiteers. Finally we should then get a conclusion! And if we don't the EU will then kick us out once the extension has expired.

Or Corbyn's lot bottles a GE and vote the WA through anyway!

This is why there should be a referendum ... the voter's decision should be about Brexit, not Corbyn....

Brexitf.jpg

3 hours ago, Surfer said:

This is why there should be a referendum ... the voter's decision should be about Brexit, not Corbyn....

Brexitf.jpg

x3 votes

1) Do you want brexit or not

2) Do you want this deal, no deal, or further talks

3)General Election - Who do you want to do it.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

EU will or have to lose patience with the UK at some point. Macron's threatened veto is just the start.

I would still be surprised if another extension isn't granted but someone needs to give the UK a massive kick up the jacksie.

The democratic event in the UK which the EU have mentioned is likely to be an election, which I believe will turn into a pseudo referendum and campaigned solely on Brexit. We will then have a government full of either remainers or brexiteers. Finally we should then get a conclusion! And if we don't the EU will then kick us out once the extension has expired.

Or Corbyn's lot bottles a GE and vote the WA through anyway!

Yup, a Brexiteer  parliament would be returned that would dump the WA and go for a far better deal, starting with WTO terms but pretty quickly achieving an FTA with the EU. That is why Liebore are very afraid, as they have few Brexiteers, and the angry public are well aware of who the undemocratic remainers are, and cannot wait to exact revenge for the lies of 2017.

5 hours ago, Surfer said:

Brexitf.jpg

They haven't respected the previous votes and will not respect any second referendum either, plus the question will effectively be a fix between remain and remain which solves nothing as people want to leave more than ever after the past three years of underhand manouevrings to deny the voters their rights.  We need an election PDQ. 

11 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

x3 votes

1) Do you want brexit or not

2) Do you want this deal, no deal, or further talks

3)General Election - Who do you want to do it.

No 1 is my personal preference. Now you know what brexit will look like, all the bs has gone and there is a deal on the table, is it what people voted for and do they still want it? A simple referendum q and a.

Although, as of this morning, some manouverings by the SNP and LibDems may mean an earlier GE is likely. Not the best outcome and the opposition will have to put up the fight of their lives for the sound future of our countries.

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

It seems the LD and SNP are calling both Johnson's and Corbyn's bluff over an even earlier election. Clever.

I'm sure it is a clever ploy. As it being still early I can't quite figure out what it is yet.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

I'm sure it is a clever ploy. As it being still early I can't quite figure out what it is yet.

In my book beyond what Peston says vs the EU extension it does two other things.

1. Boris can't now attack the LD or SNP for delaying an election - indeed any delay will simply and obviously be due to Boris's intransigence on rammig through his deal - or like the child that he is walking off with the ball if he doesn't get his way.

2. For Corbyn and Labour it ups the pressure to agree to a GONO (excluding Corbyn as PM) else they will have to face the polls sooner the they would wish.

In all ways - an extension, outflanking bonkers Boris and forcing Labour to choose it seems wins. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Here is some polling recently conducted which disputes that

https://www.ipsos.com/ipsos-mori/en-uk/polls-and-british-general-election-1997

(Sorry, "accidentally" clicked the wrong link in my log)

Edited by kick it off

looks like Remain are pulling the pis out of poor Bertie as he struggles to come up with another wheeze

not too sure how his wealthy backers will take to their betting on the pound losing heavily, when it doesn't collapse on Friday morning

failing to deliver for them would be.................

........................................................ farken hilarious for the rest of us, though I'm sure a fair number of the brexit thickos will be shedding a tear that various millionaires have lost money

meanwhile fans of British wrestling will be saddened to hear of the death of Big Daddy, killed in the Middle East so the Sun is reporting

the Star has a rather gruesome picture of a fat man dead in a ditch - it's believed he was hit when lying in front of a bulldozer.....

.......and lying to theTimes, to the Foreign Secretary, the London Assembly and his wife ..... amongst others

and I've just seen two bottles of English sparkling wine are up for grabs on Ebay, someone in Wiltshire it says 🐭🧠

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Ditch for Boris Johnson. Ditch for Boris Johnson please.... 

Are you implying the UK may not leave the EU on Halloween, @Herman?

But Boris promised!

• Haha 2

Happy Independence Day...for Nauru.😂

I trust someone is currently digging a ditch for Boris? 🤔😝

Apples