Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

How much have I got on leaving on the 31st?

Nothing Billy, else I wouldn't have said this on Sunday

maybe I should read more of your posts

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Let's hope poor Bertie isn't found dangling under Blackfriars bridge

I'd think him more likely to be found in Offah's dy ke to be honest.

Although lets be honest - the die in a ditch comment was just hyperbole for the thickos.

Boris may have 99 problems, but a ditch ain't one.

Edited by kick it off
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

'A promise to mint millions of 50p coins to commemorate Brexit day could spell a Halloween nightmare for the government after MPs thwarted Boris Johnson's chances of fast-tracking his deal through parliament.

Mr Johnson has repeatedly said that he intends to take the country out of the EU on October 31, but lost a key vote in the Commons earlier this week which has thrown the departure date into doubt.

Chancellor Sajid Javid announced plans for the celebratory coins earlier this year, asking for three million to be in circulation for when Britain leaves the EU.'

Don't laugh, but the thickos intended to produce millions of commerative 50ps for 29th March 2019 as well 🤑

However our concern must be for the likes of Rees-Mogg and others who may well have 'shorted the pound' and stand to gain by a no deal exit - as with Crispin Odey who made £300m when the pound plunged following the UK referendum result in 2016. He is a no-deal backer, doesn't deny he will prosper if that happens, and contributed £10,000 towards Boris Johnson's campaign.

Let's hope poor Bertie isn't found dangling under Blackfriars bridge as was Roberto Calvi.😢

Makes my tenner on Clive Lewis winning Norwich South in 2017 seem a bit small😪

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

maybe I should read more of your posts

There is enlightenment to be had in the most surprising places😉

8 minutes ago, ricardo said:

There is enlightenment to be had in the most surprising places😉

It seems like potentially even the front bench of the PLP (although doubtful Corbyn)

@britainelects
FollowFollow @britainelects
More

Westminster voting intention... if "the deadline for the UK to leave the EU has been extended beyond the 31st of October 2019": LAB: 27% CON: 26% BREX: 20% LDEM: 18% GRN: 4% via @ComRes, 16 - 17 Oct

Yet Labour are going to abstain on the motion.

Almost as if they can't quite believe it.

3 minutes ago, kick it off said:

It seems like potentially even the front bench of the PLP (although doubtful Corbyn)

@britainelects
FollowFollow @britainelects
More

Westminster voting intention... if "the deadline for the UK to leave the EU has been extended beyond the 31st of October 2019": LAB: 27% CON: 26% BREX: 20% LDEM: 18% GRN: 4% via @ComRes, 16 - 17 Oct

Funny place this CORBYNISM has got us to.😉

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

An election, looks like you will win it on those numbers.

No, I'm not for an election. As I have stated previously elections are to decide between potential governments with a set of interlocking policies  - but as Brexit cuts across party lines, it must be decided by the voters on a single question basis. 

• Like 3

Just now, ricardo said:

Yep - bizarre in the extreme

the most surprising places indeed :classic_biggrin:

I even read mouse brains guff - though there optimism far exceeds reasoned expectation

Elsewhere Trump has told the gathered halfwits that he is 'building a big wall in Colorado... a big one that you can't get over or under' it would seem.

Colorado does not have a border with Mexico

" The president also lied with an anecdote about witnesses being reduced to tears by the sight of him signing an executive order - quickly disproved by video evidence of the event in question - mocked hostile demonstrators and urged his audience to demand he serve a further 16 years in office, treating an official White House event as a campaign rally. "

2 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Yep - bizarre in the extreme

There aren't enough Moyo's in the world to get the BREXIT party to 20%

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

the most surprising places indeed :classic_biggrin:

I even read mouse brains guff - though there optimism far exceeds reasoned expectation

Elsewhere Trump has told the gathered halfwits that he is 'building a big wall in Colorado... a big one that you can't get over or under' it would seem.

Colorado does not have a border with Mexico

Perhaps its to keep the Bison in and Sitting Bull out.

Just now, ricardo said:

There aren't enough Moyo's in the world to get the BREXIT party to 20%

I disagree - I listen to LBC quite alot on my commute and a surprising number of leave callers are espousing the virtues of St Nigel 

Just now, kick it off said:

I disagree - I listen to LBC quite alot on my commute and a surprising number of leave callers are espousing the virtues of St Nigel 

Single issue parties never last very long.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Finally, it was interesting to see Labour MPs state today that they voted or the WAB to progress beyond the 2nd reading for that very same reading - the public needs to know what is being done in their name.

Yes, Labour continues to be the grown ups in the room. It's a shame the Conservatives have lost all credibility as a party interested in sound administration of the country and the rule of law.

Labour very good at pushing Boris into these public episodes of anti-democratic behavior ... if there was a serious press there'd be a better chance the public understands what he's doing ... 

p.s. I have never voted for Labour, but do respect their consistent position over Brexit terms. 

Just now, Yellow Fever said:

Still going to refute my February 2020 GE ?

😊😊😊

Its as likely as any if it goes to 2020.

which now seems almost nailed on.

However we seem to have forgotten the extension which may or may not have a condition attatched.

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

nope, they and others do not trust the lying **** bag that is Johnson

'But opposition parties made clear they did not trust the prime minister to ensure a no-deal Brexit was avoided. Under electoral laws, the motion for Monday’s vote cannot include the proposed election date, leaving Mr Johnson to announce it after he has secured permission to dissolve parliament. '

The 'deal' needs to be thoroughly examined and so no tricks from Johnson are going to be risked. Get yourself a less dishonest leader and you will not see Parliament needing to take such action.

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Perhaps its to keep the Bison in and Sitting Bull out.

I think it is more about Trump talking bull

1 minute ago, Surfer said:

Yes, Labour continues to be the grown ups in the room. It's a shame the Conservatives have lost all credibility as a party interested in sound administration of the country and the rule of law.

Labour very good at pushing Boris into these public episodes of anti-democratic behavior ... if there was a serious press there'd be a better chance the public understands what he's doing ... 

p.s. I have never voted for Labour, but do respect their consistent position over Brexit terms. 

Consistently obstructive you mean. The statements of those who voted for the deal were quite revealing in the fact that it is never going to pass and no amount of Parliamentary time will change that.

Only an election can/might solve this. If not make them vote again until it does.

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

If Labour had a chance they would go for an Election !

Looking forward to Brexit on 31 October?!

🤭🤣🤣🎃🎃🎃🎃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Its as likely as any if it goes to 2020.

which now seems almost nailed on.

However we seem to have forgotten the extension which may or may not have a condition attatched.

that was mentioned by a Labour MP at the dispatch box earlier, which suggests my thought that much of this has long been agreed between Remain and the EU.

and the point about not trusting Johnson is that if an election is agreed he can simply then declare a date that would mean Parliament closes there and then thus forcing a no deal

you should be more concerned by this duplicity (as thought) than ever worrying about an election needing to be immediate

lets see what this 'deal' is, have it fully shown to voters and then talk about an election, as this all smacks of something highly 'dodgy'

if the deal is ok why the need to hide it, why the rush to leave on a random date..... try thinking

On 14/10/2019 at 00:13, SwindonCanary said:

Well it's becoming a sort of tradition so I shall carry on, although with only 17 days to go they'd better get their skates on  !

HAPPY HALLOWEEN    😁

ps If you keep saying it, some people will start to believe you and it's SwindonCanary !

With only 7 days to go now, you must be getting really excited.... 🎃

What does Ayanna... I mean "Pearl" think about all this?

Edited by kick it off
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

that was mentioned by a Labour MP at the dispatch box earlier, which suggests my thought that much of this has long been agreed between Remain and the EU.

and the point about not trusting Johnson is that if an election is agreed he can simply then declare a date that would mean Parliament closes there and then thus forcing a no deal

you should be more concerned by this duplicity (as thought) than ever worrying about an election needing to be immediate

lets see what this 'deal' is, have it fully shown to voters and then talk about an election, as this all smacks of something highly 'dodgy'

if the deal is ok why the need to hide it, why the rush to leave on a random date..... try thinking

Because the EU isnt going to wait about taking collateral damage. They want it done one way or another.

Either vote in a Government that passes the deal or one that revokes it, we have talked enough.

9 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Consistently obstructive you mean. The statements of those who voted for the deal were quite revealing in the fact that it is never going to pass and no amount of Parliamentary time will change that.

Only an election can/might solve this. If not make them vote again until it does.

you really are an **** at times

wanting to scrutinise a Bill that will have immense effect of the country for years ahead is 'obstructive'  !

a Bill at a cursory glance does not deliver what you all believed would happen, one that has already seen Johnson and Rees-Mogg lie about

there is NO mandate for brexit, you were merely led to about immigration, fishing, regulations, tariffs and so much else but rather than question why you were so daft as to believe habitual liars you hide behind some guff that others are blocking your unworkable delusions

at some time you will have to be honest with yourself, that will be up to you - even the DUP have finally grasped what this es all about

6 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Poor Swindo 🤭😢

3 minutes ago, kick it off said:

here's mouse brain preparing his speech for Halloween

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bill said:

you really are an **** at times

wanting to scrutinise a Bill that will have immense effect of the country for years ahead is 'obstructive'  !

a Bill at a cursory glance does not deliver what you all believed would happen, one that has already seen Johnson and Rees-Mogg lie about

there is NO mandate for brexit, you were merely led to about immigration, fishing, regulations, tariffs and so much else but rather than question why you were so daft as to believe habitual liars you hide behind some guff that others are blocking your unworkable delusions

at some time you will have to be honest with yourself, that will be up to you - even the DUP have finally grasped what this es all about

Of course it doesn't deliver everything that every leaver wanted. Such is compromise and as I said with May's deal, its a start and legally elected governments can evolve it as they choose. Three years ago I said there would be a last minute deal because that is how the EU works and that is what is going to happen.

2 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

February 30th looking as good a day as any, at the moment 😊

I'd wait for Macron, before you get carried away. It might be a very short extension but not enough to add days to the calendar😀

Edited by ricardo

Faisal Islam

”Macron’s Europe minister saying there are no ultimatums from France. Though says it wants to see elections organised before agreeing an extension rather than dealing with “political fiction” - sounds somewhat ultimatum-like.”