Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Welcome through the looking glass Ricardo!

so which one are you tonight ?

' Mello Yello, with that offbeat zenlike humour, Rock The Boat, fiercely combative to a fault and perhaps beyond, and Len, for whom everything is a conspiracy '

or even bagster who claimed to have voted in the referendum while being a resident of France, RTB not knowing the A11 had been dualled or yourself who posted up a photo of your Citreon CI with Rennes plates......a city with direct flights from Stansted

the senile might not be able to work out what a sad man you are posing up under these various characters, that you have so diligently ascribed characteristics to but I can

ps why not bring back Mr Jenkins, or Nightfly, Joanna Grey.............

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Bill
   57 minutes ago,  ricardo said: 

Because it makes nonsense of the Labour claim that the government is causing such harm to the country yet they don't want to get rid of it when the option is available.

nope, that's just you lying.............. yet again

a quite noticable trait, irrespective of what name they post under

agreeing to an election before ART 50 is suspended would cause te UK to leave the EU with no deal - even someone as clueless as you should be aware of that, so I can only conclude that you are once again trying to cause mischief by 'misrepresentation'

Welcome through the looking glass Ricardo!

Are you sure you are not me.🤔

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

An election, looks like you will win it on those numbers.

Spring would be better

3 minutes ago, BigFish said:

The harm has been done, and letting Johnson swing in the wind weakens his standing. There is still No Deal Brexit on the table in 2020, if the Tories really wanted an election they could progress the WA and get it taken off. Instead we have a gimick to cover up the fact that leaving, do or die, on the 31st October isn't happening. The more they taunt the weaker the government look.

The problem with that is the longer you think you are letting him stew, the higher his ratings go.

1 minute ago, BigFish said:

Spring would be better

Corbyn is unelectable in any season.😉

How will Johnson be able to lead an election campaign from the ditch he died in? Even Lazarus would struggle......

7 minutes ago, ricardo said:

The problem with that is the longer you think you are letting him stew, the higher his ratings go.

image.png.daab7f47a96a4f3808d4ca0f3d58428d.png

Strangely then, the Tories appear less popular than under May, even with a Boris bounce

image.png

Bertie is getting quite desperate as are the not too bright who cannot see through him.

Everyone of his 'wheezes' has failed

And this latest election one is all he has left - and he knows well that the bigot vote will be split between him and Farage

Holding an election when Parliament will close a few days after for a three week break seems absurd, as is the idea of closing it down for 5 weeks before., with the plan seeming to be 'don't let voters see just how bad the deal is' by allowing Parliament to scrutinise and debate it.

If it is such a worthy deal then voters will flock to support it and the party proposing it. Or maybe it is such a shower of **** that Johnson knows it has to be kept hidden, like some mad great aunt in the west wing.

Finally, it was interesting to see Labour MPs state today that they voted or the WAB to progress beyond the 2nd reading for that very same reading - the public needs to know what is being done in their name.

5 minutes ago, BigFish said:

image.png.daab7f47a96a4f3808d4ca0f3d58428d.png

Strangely then, the Tories appear less popular than under May, even with a Boris bounce

image.png

Yes, I can see why you aren't keen🤔

17 minutes ago, Herman said:

How will Johnson be able to lead an election campaign from the ditch he died in? Even Lazarus would struggle......

Queens speech passed then😉

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Queens speech passed then😉

Labour even allowing The Government to win votes in order to keep Boris in.

🤣👍

Is that the Queen's speech they attempted to shut Parliament for or the one they legally shut Parliament down only to forget about until they lost a vote? All these cummings and goings get mightily confusing.

Note to Ricardo. These scummers are scammers and they are scamming you good.

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

If Labour had a chance they would go for an Election !

No ****, Sherlock.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

Is that the Queen's speech they attempted to shut Parliament for or the one they legally shut Parliament down only to forget about until they lost a vote? All these cummings and goings get mightily confusing.

Note to Ricardo. These scummers are scammers and they are scamming you good.

Vote them out then.

2 minutes ago, MooreMarriot said:

Remember on the day in 2017 that May called a general election she had a 20% poll lead. Outright victory was a certainty the Tories believed , but she ended up losing her majority and in tears.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42414394

You will be supporting the election bill then?

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Vote them out then.

As has been noted elsewhere, Johnson's tories are in power but not in power. Schrodinger's tories. It's preferable to the scumbag having a majority.

11 minutes ago, Herman said:

I think there is the small matter of investigation by the Independent Office for Police Conduct into Johnson's suggested 'malfeaseance in public office'. Which I believe is due for publication in the next week.

Waiting behind them to have their 'bite' is the London Assembly whose view is that the accusations against him amount to very serious misconduct, while the money that was given in grants to his 'floozy' has been halted and the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport are now investigating how the money was awarded.

As with Trump this stuff will not go away and Bertie might have good reason to cut and run now. But this snowball of scrutiny grows ever bigger by the day, and I expect the 'strange' dealings over the garden bridge to surface again during the investigations.

Bertie or Gobsheite Trump..... who will be sent to the nick first is still yet to be seen (see Poulson, Maudling).

Inrteresting times ahead.

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

You will be supporting the election bill then?

Napoleon said ‘Never interfere with an enemy while he’s in the process of destroying himself.’ I'll go with that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

As has been noted elsewhere, Johnson's tories are in power but not in power. Schrodinger's tories. It's preferable to the scumbag having a majority.

You seem to have little confidence in the supposed Remain majority in the country.

Unlike some on here I am perfectly prepared to accept the result if it produces a Remain majority coalition. I would be disappointed but I would accept it.

2 minutes ago, MooreMarriot said:

Napoleon said ‘Never interfere with an enemy while he’s in the process of destroying himself.’ I'll go with that.

Ive thought the same ever since Labour elected Corbyn😉

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Great, get on with it👍

they will, but can't until it is put to the house

do try to keep up 🙄

ps will you be predicting a 70-100 lead as last time 🤣

13 minutes ago, ricardo said:

You seem to have little confidence in the supposed Remain majority in the country.

Unlike some on here I am perfectly prepared to accept the result if it produces a Remain majority coalition. I would be disappointed but I would accept it.

eh

its you cranks who do not want a referendum to determine that majority

and if Bertie's 'deal' was so good why has he pulled it to avoid voter's scrutiny

ps how much have you got on the UK leaving the EU on the 31st ?

On 20/10/2019 at 17:17, ricardo said:

I wouldn't be betting on 2019 personally.

How much have I got on leaving on the 31st?

Nothing Billy, else I wouldn't have said this on Sunday

'A promise to mint millions of 50p coins to commemorate Brexit day could spell a Halloween nightmare for the government after MPs thwarted Boris Johnson's chances of fast-tracking his deal through parliament.

Mr Johnson has repeatedly said that he intends to take the country out of the EU on October 31, but lost a key vote in the Commons earlier this week which has thrown the departure date into doubt.

Chancellor Sajid Javid announced plans for the celebratory coins earlier this year, asking for three million to be in circulation for when Britain leaves the EU.'

Don't laugh, but the thickos intended to produce millions of commerative 50ps for 29th March 2019 as well 🤑

However our concern must be for the likes of Rees-Mogg and others who may well have 'shorted the pound' and stand to gain by a no deal exit - as with Crispin Odey who made £300m when the pound plunged following the UK referendum result in 2016. He is a no-deal backer, doesn't deny he will prosper if that happens, and contributed £10,000 towards Boris Johnson's campaign.

Let's hope poor Bertie isn't found dangling under Blackfriars bridge as was Roberto Calvi.😢

Edited by Bill