Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

21 hours ago, Van wink said:

Its a fair point KG, but Labour need a resolution to Brexit before an election if they want their other policies to get the sort of coverage they would like

Who would believe there is any sincerity in their policies after they trashed their previous promises on the referendum and student loans ?  The only people that will vote for them again are undemocratic remoaners and naive students open to a bribe.  If they get 20% of any vote they will be doing very well.

With all the NI issues appearing in the as aptly dubbed Johnson's 'Sell-Out' deal (for the Unionists) there should not be chance in h**l of it passing in the Parliament of the UK - unless of course Brexters only care about little old England.

So it will have to be GE or 2nd ref (although I see Bercow missed the chance to call that amendment today on the Queen's (C u m m i n g s) speech).

Tick tock....

Edited by Yellow Fever

42 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

With all the NI issues appearing in the as aptly dubbed Johnson's 'Sell-Out' deal (for the Unionists) there should not be chance in h**l of it passing in the Parliament of the UK - unless of course Brexters only care about little old England.

So it will have to be GE or 2nd ref (although I see Bercow missed the chance to call that amendment today on the Queen's (C u m m i n g s) speech).

Tick tock....

Any NI issues dissipate as soon as we agree the FTA.  One credible idea is that we leave on Halloween by default with agreement with the EU with no WA but to WTO GATT24 and immediately start FTA negotiations.

Edited by paul moy
  • Haha 1

French President Emmanuel Macron is concerned that a long extension could lead to more UK indecisiveness or an inconclusive general election,

I THINK HE'S RIGHT !

Like @ricardo implied word is that there is major parliamentary resistance to a GE now

Edited by BigFish

23 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Like @ricardo implied word is that there is major parliamentary resistance to a GE now

Turkeys don't vote for Xmas.

But Xmas still comes around🎁

Motion for an election under fixed term Parliament Act to be tabled on Monday. needs 2/3 majority, feathers will be flying!

Edited by Van wink

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Motion for an election under fixed term Parliament to be tabled on Monday. needs 2/3 majority, feathers will be flying!

Corbyn's last chance to do the right thing and go for a GONU with a senior respected Labour figure as Caretaker. Else history will not treat him at all kindly.

As to an election who knows - dangers for everybody and likely will resolve nothing except Corbyn's still a loser!

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

Labour has been unequivocal that any GONU has to be lead by the leader of the opposition, interesting to see what happens.

8 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Corbyn's last chance to do the right thing and go for a GONU with a senior respected Labour figure as Caretaker. Else history will not treat him at all kindly.

As to an election who knows - dangers for everybody and likely will resolve nothing except Corbyn's still a loser!

Might be the only way to get rid of the stubborn old goat. Rather drastic though.

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

French President Emmanuel Macron is concerned that a long extension could lead to more UK indecisiveness or an inconclusive general election,

I THINK HE'S RIGHT !

Hopefully it’ll lead to the cancellation of Brexs hit 😁

Happy Halloween 🎃 🎃🎃

Edited by Hoola Han Solo

10 minutes ago, Herman said:

Amen to that.

Because it makes nonsense of the Labour claim that the government is causing such harm to the country yet they don't want to get rid of it when the option is available.

Although not really relevant to Green's tweet, Labour aren't stupid enough to lumber straight into the Tory beartrap. They know they aren't strong enough to win outright at the moment and need a few more false steps from Johnson to stand a chance.

(I think we all know why they aren't strong enough but that is a question they don't want to confront.)

20 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Because it makes nonsense of the Labour claim that the government is causing such harm to the country yet they don't want to get rid of it when the option is available.

nope, that's just you lying.............. yet again

a quite noticable trait, irrespective of what name they post under

agreeing to an election before ART 50 is suspended would cause te UK to leave the EU with no deal - even someone as clueless as you should be aware of that, so I can only conclude that you are once again trying to cause mischief by 'misrepresentation'

oh dear, the stick insect is up on his hind legs making an a**e of himself

now contradicting himself and referring to Parliament scrutiny is foolish

as someone with more hahn a passing interest in Parliement I cn honestly say I cannot record some spouting such idiotic and misleadng guff

a man way, way out of his depth - an absolute embarrassment

Bill
   57 minutes ago,  ricardo said: 

nope, that's just you lying.............. yet again

a quite noticable trait, irrespective of what name they post under

agreeing to an election before ART 50 is suspended would cause te UK to leave the EU with no deal - even someone as clueless as you should be aware of that, so I can only conclude that you are once again trying to cause mischief by 'misrepresentation'

Welcome through the looking glass Ricardo!

There is a palpable sense of fear in both the US and UK administrations today (I choose not to use the word governments as there is no governing going on on either side of the Atlantic) 

"Boris Johnson has said he will give MPs more time to debate his Brexit deal, but only if they agree to a 12 December general election"

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-50174402?ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_linkname=news_central&ns_source=twitter&ns_mchannel=social

It's only one poll,  but nonetheless this tells you what is keeping Boris up at night.... unfortunately for him he can neither tell Parliament he will limit the number of days for debate, nor call a general election. Reduced to threatening to shut everything down as they don't want the facts to emerge. 

2019224186_UKPollsOct24.thumb.jpg.55523db5e553b1465045c5c9e0b4fc32.jpg

Edited by Surfer

5 minutes ago, Surfer said:

There is a palpable sense of fear in both the US and UK administrations today (I choose not to use the word governments as there is no governing going on on either side of the Atlantic) 

"Boris Johnson has said he will give MPs more time to debate his Brexit deal, but only if they agree to a 12 December general election"

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-50174402?ns_campaign=bbc_breaking&ns_linkname=news_central&ns_source=twitter&ns_mchannel=social

It's only one poll,  but nonetheless this tells you what is keeping Boris up at night.... unfortunately for him he can neither tell Parliament he will limit the number of days for debate, nor call a general election. So yell and scream.

2019224186_UKPollsOct24.thumb.jpg.55523db5e553b1465045c5c9e0b4fc32.jpg

Surely you should be rushing to support it. Then you can do what you want with Brexit😀

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

The harm has been done, and letting Johnson swing in the wind weakens his standing. There is still No Deal Brexit on the table in 2020, if the Tories really wanted an election they could progress the WA and get it taken off. Instead we have a gimick to cover up the fact that leaving, do or die, on the 31st October isn't happening. The more they taunt the weaker the government look.

2 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Support what Ricardo? 

An election, looks like you will win it on those numbers.