Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

I see it as little more than an ongong 'struggle within the Tory party that has been going on for centuries and has consistently been able to convince the 'not too bright' that they have some interest in this matter.

There are those very wealthy types who are funding and running the Leave campaign. They have over excited the thickos into believing that all their woes are caused by some Orwellian entity.... the EU. A belief that has been stoked up over decades with absurd stories of hedgehog flaovured crisps being banned etc So successfu has been this 'brainwashing' that the unemployed in the North East somehow think that the likes of Johnson, Rees-Mogg and Farage have their interests at heart !

That many of them are now suffering at the hands of Universal Credit does not seem to equate to any blame for the man responsible, Duncan-Smith. No, he is a brexiteer so 'is on our side'. The huge waste in unpicked produce does not cause them to ask why they are not able to be paid to do the work or why it will go to waste when there are others among them dependant on food banks.

No asking of why the housing market is so wrecked that they are stuck where they are and cannot move to where there is work. No asking why training and good schools are being reduced meaning their children will struggle to compete against better educated foreign workers. It is cheaper for those funding Leave that's why.

No, nothing of that kind Just a mouthing of ill informed slogans that the real wealthy have fed them. Far better those thickos have slogans than have them thinking for themselves seems to be Leave's watchword.

40 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Yawn

Lovely out in Norfolk today. Pub lunch and a pint at Hingham. Very nice.

It's all winding up nicely🇬🇧

Glorious up on the NN coast. 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

the rest of that twaddle is at the same level of misreprentation

no one is calling for that result to be overturned, how can you overturn advice ?

there is no mythical 'middle way', and that claim is aimed to merely over excite the 'not too bright', the very thing that has got us into this mess and allows certain political groups to play on this for their own ends - note how fartrage has now changed his tune on leaving, as his new stance better suits his own agenda

sadly, as can be seen, there are still gullible fools all too desperate to be conned

A middle way is the only way to reflect the narrowness of the referendum result and to bring the country back together. Neither a hard “no deal” Brexit or Revoking article 50 will do that, I think most people with common sense appreciate this.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Van wink said:

A middle way is the only way to reflect the narrowness of the referendum result and to bring the country back together. Neither a hard “no deal” Brexit or Revoking article 50 will do that, I think most people with common sense appreciate this.

that's because over the past three years you have demonstrated over and over that you don't have a clue about any of this

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

Really? 3 years late for a sensible compromise? 

that's because there is NO compromise

there is not some mythical cake and eat it solution the EU will agree to, nor some brexit lunacy that business can accomodate without drastic anf long term losses

that's why neither have happened

Edited by Bill

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Boris is going to pull it!

I daren't think of the image.

🤮

2 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Maybe Ricardo's wager on a GE this year is not dead in the water just yet after all....

It won't happen as turkeys will not vote for xmas.  2022 IMO.

I think the 'toys 'out of the pram' threat topull the deal should demonstrate to even the thickest of brexiteers the inherent dangers within this 'deal' .

If it is such a great deal then why the fear of it being more fully examined and debated ? Even the circus animals Bill had more time than is being allowed for this.

And half witted brexiteers should be aware that the unknown powers contained within could be in the hands of Jeremy Corbyn.

Removing the sovereignty of parliament in this matter should not be in the hands of ANY government.

3 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Maybe Ricardo's wager on a GE this year is not dead in the water just yet after all....

'if', that is to happene I would imagine that 28t Nov would be the likely date, as that allows the 5 weeks and ensures the brexit nonsense has been stopped for the time being

a rum time when a majority don't trust the word of it's own PM

4 minutes ago, paul moy said:

so the UK is to continue for another 3 years with a government that cannot ........ govern, as it has no majority in the House ?

I know you aren't too bright, but........

As long as  there is no threat of no deal then Labour will have to agree. They still fancy their chances and I don't blame them. With the support of the SNP and Breixt Party splitting the Tory vote, they could well be the majority although unlikely to have a clear mandate.
But we will be well rid of this shower.
Did you see Javid has borrowed a bit more Paul. Got to fund all these tax cuts from somewhere.

unsurprisingly Bertie has been caught out lying ... yet again

spouting out his usual piffle paffle wiffle waffle which turns out not to correspond what is in the deal as printed - which suggests there is no real agreed plan, but a cobbled together ragbag of contradictory tosh

and as just said in Parliament, nothing in this bill matches any of the promises made by Leave in 2016

an excellent comtribution by Ian Blackfoot

beware of the open cheque that is being given as you have no knowledge of who will be writing this in the future

Timetabling vote set to be very close

Peter Barnes

BBC political analyst

Voting on the programme motion - setting the Commons timetable for the Withdrawal Agreement Bill - looks very close.

If the DUP vote against and all 639 voting MPs turn up then Boris Johnson needs 33 backers from the opposition benches.

There are 23 former Conservatives who now sit as independents.

If all of them voted for the motion the PM would need 10 Labour or ex-Labour independent MPs.

But for each one of the ex-Tories who go against the motion – and there will be some – he needs to find another Labour rebel.

The vote is due to take place in the Commons around 7pm.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Canary said:

Timetabling vote set to be very close

Peter Barnes

BBC political analyst

Voting on the programme motion - setting the Commons timetable for the Withdrawal Agreement Bill - looks very close.

If the DUP vote against and all 639 voting MPs turn up then Boris Johnson needs 33 backers from the opposition benches.

There are 23 former Conservatives who now sit as independents.

If all of them voted for the motion the PM would need 10 Labour or ex-Labour independent MPs.

But for each one of the ex-Tories who go against the motion – and there will be some – he needs to find another Labour rebel.

The vote is due to take place in the Commons around 7pm.

gosh, that is well informative - any idea what day tomorrow is, what city Westminster is in ?

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

gosh, that is well informative - any idea what day tomorrow is, what city Westminster is in ?

Don't thank me, you need to let Peter Barnes know how enlightened you are. 

Personally I found it interesting as my view is that this motion will be more difficult to pass than the WA so it gives an idea of voting intentions for the 2nd reading.  

Wednesday and London.

Edited by Hairy Canary
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bill said:

Westminster is in the City of Westminster.

You can find what day tomorrow is by looking at a calendar.

5 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Westminster is in the City of Westminster.

You can find what day tomorrow is by looking at a calendar.

Don’t confuse him even more!

6 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Personally I found it interesting as I my view is that this motion will be more difficult to pass than the WA so gives an indication of voting intentions for the 2nd reading. 

utterly clueless as ever, as Bertie has already said they would pull the Bill if they lose the programme motion

so how would there be any indication of how voting would go ..... on something that is not going to be voted on ?🤪

Just now, Bill said:

utterly clueless as ever, as Bertie has already said they would pull the Bill if they lose the programme motion

so how would there be any indication of how voting would go ..... on something that is not going to be voted on ?🤪

Because if this vote is carried then there will be a vote on the WA.

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Don’t confuse him even more!

where's Len, or even RTB

come to that we haven't seen your mate Bagster for a while either, nor Mr Jenkins, Joanna Grey

Someone has just asked Rees Mogg if he would buy a house without getting a survey. Paper Hat won't answer as he doesn't ever intend buying anything so impoverished as a house.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Because if this vote is carried then there will be a vote on the WA.

and as they are not the same the former will not be any indication of how the latter vote will go

1 hour ago, Bill said:

so the UK is to continue for another 3 years with a government that cannot ........ govern, as it has no majority in the House ?

I know you aren't too bright, but........

Indeed, but that is the result of Liebore being too scared to agree to a GE and also troughers unwilling to give up their access to that trough.

Just now, Bill said:

and as they are not the same the former will not be any indication of how the latter vote will go

I already stated that in my view this vote will be harder to pass than the WA. I put "in my view" because that's what it is, no more, no less.

In addition Rory Stewart has indicated he will vote against the timetable but for the WA and as he is one of the "crucial" 23 ex Tories I found that to be quite significant.

from our correspondent Bill - some startling facts about the lower house (for the not too bright)

there are lots of MPs in Parliament, who will vote this evening

if one group have more voting for them they win the vote - and if it is the other way round they will lose

some may well vote for what is best for their upcoming electoral prospects, whereas some might not

most MP's are men, if not......... they are women

not all are from England, or are white either

they sit on seats which a green and are known as benches* - the colour lets them know which part of Parliament they are in

but the colour of MPs does not tell you what party they are in

* the seats that is, not the MPs