Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

" Chancellor Sajid Javid tells Treasury committee there is no detailed govt economic analysis of the new Brexit deal but says the benefits of restoring trust in democracy 'cannot be measured solely through spreadsheets or impact assessments, important though they are.' "

This guys a nutter, he should be in a straight jacket.

10 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I see John Bercow has his remainers hat on again !

Well, well, look who it is. Surprised you're prepared to show your face around here.

Or maybe it's not your face...

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Mr Apples said:

"Anyone seen the easily triggered snowflake Jools recently? He must be taking a ‘break’"

I'm gutted I didn't make it onto his (or Shyster's) list...I must try harder. 🤭😂

Apples

I seem as popular as a Bercow fart in a spacesuit. Not sure what I've done to upset them. 

13 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

blimey, it's Bluebeard.......the lying lothario of the Pinkun

singing with his mates about Pearl (or lack of it would seem)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

My only excuse is a little bit too much wine with my Sunday Dinner . 😋drunk

Too much wine makes you steal images from social media platforms and then claim the person in the image was a girl you nearly left the Navy for, in a vain attempt to disprove you were racist?

You're a duplicitous liar. You lie about everything. Including your IQ.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

or simply you are an habitual liar

as pretty much everyone on here will testify to

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

" Chancellor Sajid Javid tells Treasury committee there is no detailed govt economic analysis of the new Brexit deal but says the benefits of restoring trust in democracy 'cannot be measured solely through spreadsheets or impact assessments, important though they are.' "

much as Ken Dodd said in defence of his tax returns

12 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Quite.

He's the Chancellor of the Exchequer for goodness sake! In any business if the Finance Director said we don't have a cash flow projection he would be fired.... unless it was really a front for money laundering in which case who cares? 

Edited by Surfer

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

Oh, so alcohol turns you into a lying fantasist then. What’s your excuse the rest of the time?

• Haha 1

At least he didn’t choose a random hat off the internet and try and pass it off as his own then try to wriggle out of it embarrassingly obviously when caught in a lie

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

I still cannot get over that.

To be fair, it was an upgrade in his usual level of truthfulness and honesty

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Nope, just a true blue Brexiteer who puts independence above all else, just as we did to thwart Hitler in WW2. Some things just cannot be measured in financial terms or we would have just given in rather than give our blood as a nation for freedom and democracy. It's nutters like you that should be in the straightjackets.

4 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Nope, just a true blue Brexiteer who puts independence above all else, just as we did to thwart Hitler in WW2. Some things just cannot be measured in financial terms or we would have just given in rather than give our blood as a nation for freedom and democracy. It's nutters like you that should be in the straightjackets.

Word of the day is 'bayard' (1600s): someone with an unshakeable self-confidence that is rooted in ignorance.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

image.png.df9a4e42db78c12e5f1c93c996f87a23.png

Sorry guys tried to get an old photo from my log an called up the wrong one, this is how she looks now

Racist. I've proved this before but to put you right this is an American girl who I nearly left the Navy for 

So what you're in effect saying is - you're not racist, but all non-white women look the same to you.

Funny how the DUP are so adamant they won't accept being any different to the rest of the UK in any way, shape or form.... except when it comes to abortion and same **** marriage and then suddenly they're desperate to be different.

Looks like the odious Rees-Mogg is trying to get the debate on the WAB bill cut to the minimum

Seems that some of the 'finer details' don't make for good reading, unless of course you are some senile old bigot and cuts to emplyees rights and welfare,  and reduction in enviromental protection means so little.

After all who gives a **** for the welfare of hedgehogs, when the welfare of many of our most venerable is of no concern to bigots.

2 hours ago, Bill said:

Looks like the odious Rees-Mogg is trying to get the debate on the WAB bill cut to the minimum

Seems that some of the 'finer details' don't make for good reading, unless of course you are some senile old bigot and cuts to emplyees rights and welfare,  and reduction in enviromental protection means so little.

After all who gives a **** for the welfare of hedgehogs, when the welfare of many of our most venerable is of no concern to bigots.

The huge irony is that our rights in our law are far better than in EU law :

Sick pay in UK 28 weeks but in EU None set

Holiday Pay 5.6 weeks... EU 4 weeks

Maternity pay 52 weeks..... EU 14 weeks

Minimum wage 8.21 soon to be 10.50.... EU None set

26 minutes ago, paul moy said:

The huge irony is that our rights in our law are far better than in EU law :

Sick pay in UK 28 weeks but in EU None set

Holiday Pay 5.6 weeks... EU 4 weeks

Maternity pay 52 weeks..... EU 14 weeks

Minimum wage 8.21 soon to be 10.50.... EU None set

oh dear, you are not too bright are you ?

the above is just a misrepresentation of how it actually is

it also suggests that individual countries can set their own rates.........which rather flies in the face of all the guff you lot bleat about the UK not being independent 🤨

ps where's Len ?|

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bill said:

or simply you are an habitual liar

as pretty much everyone on here will testify to

Says the man who claims he never wrote that we will never leave the EU or Brexit would never happen   

image.png.9fe99fa671f1f43a58c5f2af62ff2f0b.png

Wow. That's an audacious move after being so spectacularly caught in a lie in front of the entire forum 24 hours ago. 

Image result for pot kettle black

3 days is all they get to read, digest and debate something that will affect us all for a very long time. This government stinks to high heaven. 

7 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Says the man who claims he never wrote that we will never leave the EU or Brexit would never happen   

Your lying antics over the last day or two has proved to everybody that nothing you type holds any truth or credibility (not that it ever did anyway).

You’re pretty sick and twisted.

FT seems to think the government just has the numbers get its Brexit deal through the house and to defeat amendments for a Customs Union or a second referendum.

1 hour ago, Herman said:

3 days is all they get to read, digest and debate something that will affect us all for a very long time. This government stinks to high heaven. 

At the risk of being shot down in flames for being terminally dim or some such hilarity but here is a genuine question. Is this something that can be challenged or changed to a longer timescale? 

I appreciate that ordinarily the government sets the timetable but wasn't there a successful move to take control of Parliamentary business when the indicative votes process took place earlier in the year?