Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

The effects of treachery felt throughout the nation. Quite a compelling article in the Telegraph:

''I have been told stories of small business owners (whose family homes often stand as collateral for their ventures) who feel they would manage to survive either in or out of the EU, but for whom further indecision and confusion could well be fatal. One of them told me that when they learnt of the proposed Letwin amendment last week – whose advent came as a complete and devastating surprise after the elation of Boris Johnson’s deal – his wife was physically sick.

This goes way beyond disappointment: it is a peculiarly cruel form of despair that follows so closely on the expectation of relief. For those whose immediate futures are at stake, this is not a party political game: it is life and death.

What an absurd political situation this will come to seem in historical terms. Labour, whose reason for existence has traditionally been to defend the working class, ends up abandoning its Leave-voting constituencies and defending the interests of the camp followers of global corporates who adore the idea of a borderless economy that they can so easily dominate.''

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/10/19/badly-behaved-parliament-has-just-done-pm-huge-favour/?li_source=LI&li_medium=li-recommendation-widget

No he's getting us out !

We could have been out if it wasn't for him and his cronies and now he has the temerity to blame it on everyone else and then is so childish as to not sign a letter. Even JRM had the bottle to say that he might have to eat his words. But Johnson, just like Trump, says the first thing that comes into his head.

The guy has got the job he always craved but now realises that his witty repartee is not enough to make the job work.

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

No he's getting us out !

We could have been out if it wasn't for him and his cronies and now he has the temerity to blame it on everyone else and then is so childish as to not sign a letter. Even JRM had the bottle to say that he might have to eat his words. But Johnson, just like Trump, says the first thing that comes into his head.

The guy has got the job he always craved but now realises that his witty repartee is not enough to make the job work.

We could have been out now if it wasn't for remouners in the house of Commons !

The effects of treachery felt throughout the nation. Quite a compelling article in the Telegraph:

So the 380K Telegraph readers speak for the nation? And you spout on about Democracy

It has got nothing to do with people anywhere who voted Remain. The Government of the day with its DUP bribed lackeys had the numbers to get May's deal through. When are you going to stop blaming anyone other than the treacherous ERG group. Particularly Francois with his Italian heritage.

21 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

No he's getting us out !

Boris is a hero to the majority.    Long may he reign..... with Farage !!

12 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

It has got nothing to do with people anywhere who voted Remain. The Government of the day with its DUP bribed lackeys had the numbers to get May's deal through. When are you going to stop blaming anyone other than the treacherous ERG group. Particularly Francois with his Italian heritage.

I will continue, as long as we have a False Government ! 

14 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

People who voted remain and demonstrate outside of parliament are anti-democratic, and basically awful people. They will get their comeuppance. Those that accept the result I have absolutely the utmost respect for as they are true democrats and therefore the nicest of people.

21 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

So the 380K Telegraph readers speak for the nation? And you spout on about Democracy

That is irrelevant. The fact is that failure to deliver leaving the EU is actually costing livelihoods and causing illness to people through no fault of their own but that of our arrogant 'elite'.

The Torygraph has gone full bore propaganda is the only fact anyone can point to regarding Brexit outcomes.

This morning’s laugh : “ It’s time his critics saw Boris as the Churchillian figure he is “ 

It may sound mild but it’s just one more part of the authoritarian playbook - setting up the ‘supreme leader’ whose wisdom cannot be challenged - again another parallel with the US.

Edited by Surfer

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

I know the Parliament is as bad as the Government but I did mean Government !

the government who to a man and woman voted leave, and voted againsr Letwin's amendment

a government that is lead by Johnson .........who you claim is ok because he is going to 'get us out'

as well as a lying racist you are a complete idiot

with the latter cauing the first I would suggest

2 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

I'll put a bet on with you, HOW ABOUT £100 THAT WE WILL LEAVE THE EU ?

if you weren't so thick you would grasp that this is not a bet

as there is no circumstance in which you would have to pay up :classic_blink:

I never have a lie-in and don't got to bed until I'm sleepy just after midnight - waking hours are too good to miss.

are you sure you have spelt that correctly ?

FIND THEM ! Hoolansol, I've never wrote anything racist

so the dislike of certain children based on their country of origin was not one of your thoughts ?

an offensive picture of a WW1 Commonwealth war grave with a neo **** logo stuck on it was not your doing ?

That is irrelevant. The fact is that failure to deliver leaving the EU is actually costing livelihoods and causing illness to people through no fault of their own but that of our arrogant 'elite'.

Blame yourselves then.

48 minutes ago, paul moy said:

no, stupidity in backing an unworkable idea is the cause

just as stabbing someone violently is the cause of their death, not paramedics who were unable to save the victim

now where's hand crank, RTB and Len ?

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Forgetful Billy is back, throwing insults at all 😩

or pointing out where you lied, the racism in your posts and that you clearly don't understand the difference between the legislative and the executive

which I therefore suggest then that words, liar, racist and idiot

are wholly appropriate........not insults

ps feel free to prove to us you are not

On 19/10/2019 at 16:47, ricardo said:

Seems unlikely now bearing in mind the time factor and the reluctance of Corbyn to face the voters.

Either we will leave or there will be an election and if its the latter IMO it will be this year.

If the PM can get past Bercow and get his deal agreed then the EU will grant a technical extension to get the legislation passed, if he fails to get the deal through the house my view is there will be a longer extension granted on the condition of an election.

15 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Either we will leave or there will be an election and if its the latter IMO it will be this year.

If the PM can get past Bercow and get his deal agreed then the EU will grant a technical extension to get the legislation passed, if he fails to get the deal through the house my view is there will be a longer extension granted on the condition of an election.

I wouldn't be betting on 2019 personally.

The irony is it is now Deal or No Deal as the EU have refused an extension in a pact with our hero Boris, so the Deal will pass and we leave on Halloween.  

Sadly, it is not a good deal due to massive negative remoaner interference, but we must leave and fight hard regarding the FTA terms. The EU need an FTA far more than we do and I'd quite happily settle for WTO terms and rake in the net tariffs while also retrieving full fishing rights.

Edited by paul moy

" Seems unlikely now bearing in mind the time factor and the reluctance of Corbyn to face the voters. "

yep, it was that naughty Mr Corbyn, by himself, who voted down the rquest for an election. Just him, no other MP at all.

Or in the real world the majority of MPs don't trust Johnson (as seen yet again yesterday), so stopped him from closing down Patiament as a means to force through a no deal brexit.

The executive have a duty to hold the executive to account what the Letwin amendment is about.

If a double galzing salesman refuses to let you see the small print and the actual cost of the windows he is trying to force onto you only a fool would not refuse to sign anything until those are seen and evaluated.

Unfortunately brexiteers are fools.

Edited by Bill

2 minutes ago, paul moy said:

The irony is it is now Deal or No Deal as the EU have refused an extension in a pact with our hero Boris, so the Deal will pass and we leave on Halloween.  

where's Jools, or even RTB, maybe bagster could be given a run out

what about mellow, has he pulled a muscle ?

(he certainly sounds like he does a fair bit of pulling of something)

err..... tick tock

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

where's Jools, or even RTB, maybe bagster could be given a run out

what about mellow, has he pulled a muscle ?

(he certainly sounds like he does a fair bit of pulling of something)

err..... tick tock

I'd go as far as to say tick tock tick tock tick tock.......

17 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Sadly, it is not a good deal due to massive negative remoaner interference, but we must leave and fight hard regarding the FTA terms. The EU need an FTA far more than we do and I'd quite happily settle for WTO terms and rake in the net tariffs while also retrieving full fishing rights.

Bollox, ad nauseum.

As MP’s just voted on Saturday not to give approval to Boris’s “deal” until the necessary  corresponding legislation has been put in place, they are not going to vote the opposite way to that this week, and the Speaker may not allow Boris to try for his meaningful vote either, as Parliament has already made up its mind on that matter. 

I agree the EU will want to see a specific political event and that could be a GE, although that could easily create the same kind of House unable to come to a majority decision, or it could be a 2nd Referendum to approve a Brexit deal or to reject Brexit in favour of status quo.

Edited by Surfer
  • Haha 1

On 18/10/2019 at 16:32, Herman said:

He's capitulated completely yet you still cheer. How far this country has fallen. 

On 18/10/2019 at 16:39, ricardo said:

Time to move on Herman.

Still think it's time to move on or time for you to stop believing the BS??