Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

18 minutes ago, paul moy said:

If they vote it down then it's No Deal as the EU have stated no extension. 

Nope. Do you have any concept of facts and truth?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I know you want another referendum, to stop Brexit, but I really do not believe it is as inevitable as you think. And if the EU does extend again it will be to give time for an election.

Fair point, and that's why we have a bulletin board to express our opinions, long may that option continue .....

Edited by Surfer

“...I will not negotiate a delay to Brexit. And nor does the law force me to do so”

He's right in one regard, the law says he needs to ask the EU for an extension. So once he gets past his hissy fit, what does he propose to do instead?

So Downing Street (Cummings?) are apparently floating the trial ballon the PM will send the mandated extension letter but somehow say this is from Parliament and not the Government so please ignore it... back to the Courts for another smackdown? 

Edited by Surfer

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

“...I will not negotiate a delay to Brexit. And nor does the law force me to do so”

He's right in one regard, the law says he needs to ask the EU for an extension. So once he gets past his hissy fit, what does he propose to do instead?

So Downing Street (Cummings?) are apparently floating the trial ballon the PM will send the mandated extension letter but somehow say this is from Parliament and not the Government so please ignore it... back to the Courts for another smackdown? 

tick tock.....tick tock

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Nope. Do you have any concept of facts and truth?

The EU (ie Juncker ) have stated no extension so no point in Boris asking for one......

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

As predicted yesterday. Further silly****y and more pointless wasting time.

You've bet on Second Ref. Must be looking hopeful of a pay out 🙂

It shouldn't be a surprise, we have  Sovereign elected Remainer Parliament.

but that won't always be the case.

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

You've bet on Second Ref. Must be looking hopeful of a pay out 🙂

I've bet there won't be one this year and am certain that I will win thanks😉

7 minutes ago, ricardo said:

You must be sweating on the general election this year bet though................

19 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

You must be sweating on the general election this year bet though................

Seems unlikely now bearing in mind the time factor and the reluctance of Corbyn to face the voters.

17 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Seems unlikely now bearing in mind the time factor and the reluctance of Corbyn to face the voters.

Wise generals fight battles at the place and time of their choosing Ricardo - not when their opponents want. 

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Wise generals fight battles at the place and time of their choosing Ricardo - not when their opponents want. 

There is 'wise' and there is 'coward'.   He will go down in history as a coward, and he will go down, for sure under the sheer force of democratic honesty dealt by the Brexit Party and Tory alliance. 

7 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

So what do you think will happen when Macron says "non"

9 minutes ago, paul moy said:

There is 'wise' and there is 'coward'.   He will go down in history as a coward, and he will go down, for sure under the sheer force of democratic honesty dealt by the Brexit Party and Tory alliance. 

Says the 'Nostradamus'  who predicted that UKIP would sweep to power at the last general election...........😂😅

• Haha 1

The other problem of course is that despite Turkey's not voting for Xmas, December 25th eventually dawns.

6 minutes ago, ricardo said:

So what do you think will happen when Macron says "non"

I wasn't aware that Macron has a say in the date of the next British general election.......

• Haha 1

I enjoyed this comment from a different site.

Juncker: Mr. Prime Minister, you say you sent us the letter, but we do not have it yet?

Boris: Ah, here is the tracking number and the phone number for you to call. The former will tell you that it was posted from Victoria Street SW1, and the latter will keep you on hold for the next few weeks. Good luck!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

It's never looked likely that there was going to be one in 2019. What odds did you get?

5 minutes ago, ThorpeCanary said:

It's never looked likely that there was going to be one in 2019. What odds did you get?

Ive laid it at varying odds since early in the year.

1 hour ago, paul moy said:

The EU (ie Juncker ) have stated no extension so no point in Boris asking for one......

Juncker did not definitively say ‘no’ and in any event neither he nor anyone  else can  speak for the EU on this, since it is a vote of the 27 heads of government.

Just now, ricardo said:

Ive laid it at varying odds since early in the year.

Fair enough. As for Macron I feel he may be saying "Non" while that deal is still in contention but as with Juncker I don't possibly imagine he'll say the same if faced with no deal

On 17/10/2019 at 13:49, Bill said:

not really, Remain will simply amend that motion

oh dear, right again Bill 😋

ps if you want a good laugh have a read up on some of the clueless guff posted up at the same time as Bill's wise word

22 minutes ago, ThorpeCanary said:

Fair enough. As for Macron I feel he may be saying "Non" while that deal is still in contention but as with Juncker I don't possibly imagine he'll say the same if faced with no 

20 minutes ago, Bill said:

oh dear, right again Bill 😋

ps if you want a good laugh have a read up on some of the clueless guff posted up at the same time as Bill's wise 

Enjoy your day out Bill?

Been quiet on here without you.

Edited by ricardo

On 18/10/2019 at 16:30, SwindonCanary said:

The good thing in for me is that no matter what the outcome of the vote on Saturday Boris has won. If he wins great, but if he loses then Labour now have no excuse for a general election, so bring it on. 👍

poor mouse brain :classic_laugh:

23 hours ago, ricardo said:

Deal passing has just moved to favourite on the betting exchanges.

DYOR.

I hope you had a few quid on that  😅

I think as I've always thought that next week a 2nd ref gets added on  - and it passes!

Ricardo get a payout.

No mate that would be a loser but only if held before 31st Dec, which seems hugely unlikely.

5 hours ago, ricardo said:

If the past couple of years has shown anything its that Parliament will over rule any deal it doesn't like.

gosh, whoever would have thought that ?

and how do they do that we all wonder

(strange thing this Parliamentary democrecy)

yu just have to ask how they got there, these MPs

the will of the people, perhaps ?

🤔

Lets both be happy with 0:0 draw anyway! 

Ecstatic, but i did hide behind the sofa for the last few minutes👍😉

• Like 1