Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

And when we're on the subject of Fartrage where's Paul Moy tonight?  Who are you backing now Paul?  Johnson or Fartrage? 

I was in Westminster at the Brexit party rally.  I'm backing No Deal.

Edited by paul moy
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

QUESTION - Why is it that labour are saying that this deal is recognised as worse than any deal negotiated by Theresa May.

Because the governments own figures say it will be significantly more damaging to the economy (135 billion worth of damage rather than 45 billion), and it is substantitally weaker in key areas that the Tories traditionally don't like, that Labour had put in their pillars - human rights, employment rights and environmental protection.

Edited by kick it off

7 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

A Daily Mail story about Jeremy Corbyn is less reliable than a two bob watch.

Anyone who reads it a considers it worth quoting is an idiot. 😀

9 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Our very own Hong Kong. Boris plays a blinder!

Hong Kong phooey. They are selling to Northern Ireland better access to the EU than the rest of Britain. If it's really good for them to retain some benefits why can't we? And you cheer? Man, you have been so corrupted.

35 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

A Daily Mail story about Jeremy Corbyn is less reliable than a two bob watch.

Anyone who reads it a considers it worth quoting is an idiot. 😀

It was also mentioned on the BBC.

14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

It was also mentioned on the BBC.

A response from this poster without evidence is as reliable as a two bob watch. 😀

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Today will be another can kicking exercise.

Haha, they're already talking of pulling the vote if the Letwin ammendment passes.

Strong and stable or chaos with Ed?

I suspect it will be a maybe ... or more likely a maybe not.

Obviously the Conservative and Unionist Party will never ever be trusted or supported by the DUP again!

Edited by Yellow Fever
English First sod the rest Party not Conservative

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Today will be another can kicking exercise.

I don’t think this will play too well outside of Westminster. Remainers will be undoubtedly delighted particularly as it was looking like a WA may finally get through. 

18 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I don’t think this will play too well outside of Westminster. Remainers will be undoubtedly delighted particularly as it was looking like a WA may finally get through. 

They can't avoid the people forever VW.

But they are having a good try😀

13 minutes ago, ricardo said:

But they are having a good try

Edited by Van wink

16 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Indeed, have to say if Letwin amendment goes through Its not a given there will be an extension granted. We are walking through the looking glass into another world populated by flowerpots.

Edited by Van wink

If Letwin passes there is no point voting on the motion and they may as well save their wind and go home.

This Parliament really doesnt want to do anything other than waste time.

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

If Letwin passes there is no point voting on the motion and they may as well save their wind and go home.

This Parliament really doesnt want to do anything other than waste time.

I think we need a little honesty as to what the different factions want.

The 'Remainers' or 'Softer Dealers' don't want an election as Corbyn is so useless but really another Ref (on a deal)

The 'Leavers' are s**t scared of a 2nd ref but want an election as Corbyn is so useless.

• Like 2

In reality, the majority of these 'honorable' politicians know they'll be out on their ear as soon as a General Election is held.....and turtle's heads are touching their underwear.....A mass clear out of these charlatans and shysters with a disinfected public broom.....

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Are you on about Boris and the tories? 2nd ref will only go one way. Let’s hope they can’t avoid the people forever 

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

Career Politicians are as about as much use.......as Honey Bees with hay-fever......

Like Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees Mogg you mean?

25 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Are you on about Boris and the tories? 2nd ref will only go one way. Let’s hope they can’t avoid the people forever

If the past couple of years has shown anything its that Parliament will over rule any deal it doesn't like.

48 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Looks like DUP are backing Letwin. That’ll be enough to swing it, one would imagine

If they vote it down then it's No Deal as the EU have stated no extension. 

7 minutes ago, paul moy said:

If they vote it down then it's No Deal as the EU have stated no extension. 

The EU will extend. Brexit is heading towards a confirming referendum as its the only way to get a binary in/out decision. Nobody trusts the Tories to create a deal that helps anyone but themselves. You may say that is politics, and I would not disagree, but there it is, when you can;t trust the word of Ministers then you make sure every "I" it dotted, and every "t" is crossed via legislation.... 

" Letwin wins, Johnson loses, by 322 to 306. Johnson must now request three month Brexit delay" 

5 minutes ago, Surfer said:

The EU will extend. Brexit is heading towards a confirming referendum as its the only way to get a binary in/out decision. Nobody trusts the Tories to create a deal that helps anyone but themselves. You may say that is politics, and I would not disagree, but there it is, when you can;t trust the word of Ministers then you make sure every "I" it dotted, and every "t" is crossed via legislation.... 

" Letwin wins, Johnson loses, by 322 to 306. Johnson must now request three month Brexit delay" 

Nope. No second ref can be in good faith when the first has been blatantly disregarded.  It's No Deal as there is no good reason to extend, and Juncker has already stated that.

My view is that Boris and Juncker have a pact if this fails.

Edited by paul moy

5 minutes ago, Surfer said:

I know you want another referendum, to stop Brexit, but I really do not believe it is as inevitable as you think. And if the EU does extend again it will be to give time for an election.