Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

53 minutes ago, Bill said:

eh, you really javen't the slightest idea what any of this means do you

you just bleat out any old nonsense in the believe that you are 'winding us up'

whereas all you do is provide a ready example of the sheer stupidity of brexiteers

ps if you had your way you would not be able to go abroad as you would not be able to afford the health insurance at your age - as would be the case for other senoir old bigots, so just be grateful there are enough folk out there to protect you from yourself 😊

Got your back up, coz you got it wrong 😁

An interesting update on the Queens speech (look away mouse brain as there's words of more than two syllables)

" But Johnson could also just ignore a vote against the Queen’s speech. A defeat like that would not stop him governing; it would not be like a vote against the budget, which would stop the government raising taxes. At the end of the Queen’s speech all MPs are actually voting on is a motion saying they should send a humble address to the Queen thanking her for attending parliament. If Johnson loses the vote, all that happens is that the Queen does not get the note. One less thing to read. She probably wouldn’t mind ... "

There are further complications for Johnson. However, much will depend on how long Parliament sees it best for the country to keep him neutered and powerless before we need to be concerned about those problems.

As to any deal, to get it passed would require all the ERG who voted against May's (less conceding) deal, at least half of those Tories who have left or were kicked out and all of the DUP.....which would still leave them around ten short, as currently we have (approx)

344 Remain against 298 (inc DUP) with no guarantee that there would not be further defections or simply abstentions.

Edited by Bill

For anybody who is going to the pro EU march this Saturday in London, please wear a yellow ribbon in response to the awful judgement from Spains supreme court, jailing 12 of  Catalunyas Independence   vote organisers/activists for over 100 years in prison, adding that they should serve the whole sentence.

This does not bode well for anybody wanting their Independence from the EU, clearly enshrined in UNHR law which gives any country or region the right to self determination. Franco's Spain is still enthralled by fascist ideas it seems, making this a solely Spanish internal issue does not hide the EU's support for their moves well.

I despair of nour leaders, they can all go and rot.

5 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

For anybody who is going to the pro EU march this Saturday in London, please wear a yellow ribbon in response to the awful judgement from Spains supreme court, jailing 12 of  Catalunyas Independence   vote organisers/activists for over 100 years in prison, adding that they should serve the whole sentence.

This does not bode well for anybody wanting their Independence from the EU, clearly enshrined in UNHR law which gives any country or region the right to self determination. Franco's Spain is still enthralled by fascist ideas it seems, making this a solely Spanish internal issue does not hide the EU's support for their moves well.

What a load of ridiculous old drivel

There is no UNHR, though there is a UNHCR which does not have any laws given that it is merely " the UN Refugee Agency, is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. "

which certainly has no involvement in Spain

3 hours ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

This has nothing to do with the EU.

7 hours ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

Today we see an unelected outfit, without a majority in Parliament, a joker scared of some Brexsh.tters, an outfit which has split itself in half like Rumpelstilzken, have the temerity to do a speech for ta far too long in the tooth monarch who has close top two trillion siphoned off this country. Off course she will.

BTW. thanks to all the right wing cxrumjbs for splitting the Union by not including their views and demands in their bat crazy Bexsh.t team, you have helped to format a soon to be united Ireland and an Independent Scotland, which both will be in the EU. Well done to you.

The WTO has also been split and rather unworkable and once we join the squabbles over whether China should join the WTO or not, we are only members as part of the EU at present, our membership will not be automatic, but we have to apply to join. That bwill take some time, as will the leaving of the EU in mind, it will take over ten years for us top get any sort of trade agreement with them, depending on how whether we are paying our past signed commitments.

Countries we hope to trade with do not have the same standards than we have become accustomed to during the last 40 years, they don't mind maggots in meat or faeces in wheat. But when put to the choice of whether they would want to sell in the EU or to some argumentative runaway nation that does not want to pay its commitments, I'm sure that they will make the right decision. We are talking of some 54 countries we currently trade with and who have binding EU agreements, they will not jeopardise their trade with the EU.

the mindlessness is staggering. I'wish the police would arrest the snolly gosters who are perverting democracy, go crying to he monarch, and are now attempting to cause harm to the country, not the young people who want to have a future that is sustainable and dealing with its impact. 1200 arrests versus O arrest on the various demos to free that odious plant Yaxley Lennon. Thats how it started in 1933.

No it started with you believing the Guardian

7 hours ago, Surfer said:

While we are on Brexit Party and it’s sidekick Tories wannabe’s, the policies espoused in the Queens Speech are too familiar to those of us in the US. 

Taxes cuts skewed to the rich

Elimination of environmental and financial regulations.

Voter I.D. to suppress “voter fraud” when the statistics show there clearly isn’t any, but no move to a national photo I.D. Card 

A crack down on a non-existent crime wave that leads to a massive expansion of private prisons.

Restictions on legal immigration / freedom of movement. 

Sounds like Britain has defacto become the (non-voting) 51st State of the Union, because it didn’t want to be the (voting) 27th State of the Union 😞 

Plenty of voter fraud. Now commonly accepted that's how Labour won Peterborough. No surprise to see Labour against voter ID. 

5 hours ago, Bill said:

The 'stick insect' has just come up with a startli revelation (well for him anyway) that it takes to to tango, which in this case is that the UK needs the EU to agree to an extension and cannot just 'award' itself an extension. And brexiteers wonder why he is an object of ridicule both inside and outside of Parlliament.

And taking it further this beanpole of a winf=dbag talks about EU law whereas the reality is that the EU doesn’t make laws. It issues "directives" which members states incorporate into their own legislation, where appropriate, in the manner which suits their own requirements to achieve the intended aim.

Sadly that this Lord Snooty caracture is believed by the gormless as their mantra has been throught the last three years "master knows best' which removes the need to think for themselves (assuming they can, that is).

But fear not, it is always a week of surprise when this cretin does not deliver up another piece of ill informed drivel. Here he is describing May's brexit deal as "completely cretinous, impractical, bureaucratic and a betrayal of commonsense".....................the very one that Johnson is now putting forward, only that it concedes even more to the EU, but now is wholeheartedly backed by this worm like hypocrite.

At some point even the most thick of brexiteers must twig that this is not about pandring to their bigotry, but is no more than an internal squabble in the Tory party.

Face it. You're a worn-out busted flush who realises Brexit' is not far away. 

4 hours ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

It's ironic you calling for support for Catalan independence from Spain yet deny our right to be an independent nation. 

14 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Plenty of voter fraud. Now commonly accepted that's how Labour won Peterborough. No surprise to see Labour against voter ID. 

No there isn't and no it isn't. 

2 hours ago, Yellow Fever said:

This has nothing to do with the EU.

It has a lot to do with the EU. The EU came out in support of Spain as they fear what would happen to the EU if self-governing regions across Europe became as active as the Catalans  in their demands for autonomy. It threatens the very existence of the EU and not unsurprisingly the EU were very supportive of the Spanish crackdown. 

It is interesting to compare the response to Scottish calls for independence from a Brexiting UK, which the EU does support as the Scots in a strange but ironic twist, do not ask for independence from the EU. Probably as they see themselves as net beneficiaries

5 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

It has a lot to do with the EU. The EU came out in support of Spain as they fear what would happen to the EU if self-governing regions across Europe became as active as the Catalans  in their demands for autonomy. It threatens the very existence of the EU and not unsurprisingly the EU were very supportive of the Spanish crackdown. 

It is interesting to compare the response to Scottish calls for independence from a Brexiting UK, which the EU does support as the Scots in a strange but ironic twist, do not ask for independence from the EU. Probably as they see themselves as net beneficiaries

more ill informed nonsense from van wink, as the EU did not come out in support of Spain (if only that Catalona is Spain) but instead took the line as

" “It’s an internal Spanish matter,” Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte told reporters, a position echoed by French President Emmanuel Macron, who held a private meeting with Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy on the sidelines of the summit. "

Scotland is a seperate country, Catalona is not.

And what should be noted is that someone who has filled this forum with guff about the EU being too political and making laws that affect the soveeignty of countries (it doesn't) should be criticesed for ....... err, not doing that.

As said, your bleat is nothing more than an ill informed attack on the EU.

ps any answer to my point that you posted up a bizarre comment claiming that I no longer held that the UK would eave the EU via 'brexit - something you previously posted up under the log in Van Wink. Getting your log ins muddled up again ☺️

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Such as 'Brexit will never happen' and 'We will never leave the EU. '

as that is a direct quote, would you be as kind as to post up that quote

......... or is that merely another lie from you ?

As to what I have said, I would suggest this rather backs it

"Finland's prime minister, Antti Rinne, who holds the EU's rotating presidency, went further, saying there was not enough time for a deal to be reached. After meeting the European Council's president-elect Charles Michel, Mr Rinne said: "I think there is no time in a practical or legal way to find an agreement before the EU Council meeting. "

But do feel free to tell us all that the UK will have left the EU on the 31st Oct - more so if you have had some breakfast high in sugar content 🤪

5 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Old Snitchy is not telling the truth yet again. The EU did not come out in support of Spain. It let Spain deal with its own domestic problem as it is a sovereign state. 

The EU has not come out in support of Scottish independence because it won't interfere in the UK's domestic affairs. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill said:

as that is a direct quote, would you be as kind as to post up that quote

......... or is that merely another lie from you ?

As to what I have said, I would suggest this rather backs it

"Finland's prime minister, Antti Rinne, who holds the EU's rotating presidency, went further, saying there was not enough time for a deal to be reached. After meeting the European Council's president-elect Charles Michel, Mr Rinne said: "I think there is no time in a practical or legal way to find an agreement before the EU Council meeting. "

But do feel free to tell us all that the UK will have left the EU on the 31st Oct - more so if you have had some breakfast high in sugar content 🤪

You know I can't go back that far, to give you a direct quote, as Pete's taken all the pages away but I can give you a samples

Edited by SwindonCanary

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

You know I can't go back that far, to give you a direct quote, as Pete's taken all the pages away but I can give you a samples

But not before I got Hillary Clinton to store the whole thread on her private email server, just in time, for the sake of posterity, and to provide fun group reading at our global-elite meetings and on long carbon-neutral train journeys to Stockholm and back, co-ordinating acitivist initiatives with Greta.

58 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

but I thought you had been carefully saving them all ?

and don't post up a quote that contains some of  the words - but the quote you claimed, as

'We will never leave the EU. '

12 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Trump and Johnson.jpg

looking rather like two dress dummys from John Collier's shop window

.................... with the IQ to match

one of the many idiotic bleas from te brexiteers has been how good for he UK has been a salling pound, however

" "Certainly we've seen over the past few months a number of UK companies succumbing to foreign investors who are looking at the valuation in sterling terms and finding them very attractive, Greene King being one of them, Merlin Entertainment and now we have Sophos which has been snapped up by a US private equity firm. "

which roughly equates to UK companies being snapped up cheaply - and as with Cadbury's sale to Kraft which often means no more than an asset stripping exercise whereby production is moved over seas.... or 'taking back control' as they would have it

it also confuses the simpletons as they read into companies being sold like this as 'foreign investment'

only once brexit has finally been ended will we be able to count the true cost of the damage already done, and the ong term damege that will be paid.

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

but I thought you had been carefully saving them all ?

and don't post up a quote that contains some of  the words - but the quote you claimed, as

'We will never leave the EU. '

Here's one that I saved I think it covers what you were claiming

" It's becoming clear that Brexit will not happen"

"I can not see us ever leaving the EU. "

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Here's one that I saved I think it covers what you were claiming

" It's becoming clear that Brexit will not happen"

"I can not see us ever leaving the EU. "

so yet another lie

as even with your edited quote, possibly out of context - and no means of verification

'I cannot see' is not 'we will never'

also odd that you have not produced this quote before either 🤔

Edited by Bill

41 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Lots of sour Remainers about this morning. I'm off to the seaside.😀

Not going to treat us to the latest unemployment figures today, Ricardo?

not to worry, here's Ricardo's prediction for the 2017 GE

the one where 'foolish' Bill predicted it would be a hung Parliament

Conservative           389 318
Labour                     178 262
Lib Dems                   12

SNP                            49
Green                          1
Irish+Plaid+Others    21

bold actual results - and if the seats had been on a vote count - Labour would have been 260 & Tories 272 MPs

47 minutes ago, Bill said:

not to worry, here's Ricardo's prediction for the 2017 GE

the one where 'foolish' Bill predicted it would be a hung Parliament

Conservative           389 318
Labour                     178 262
Lib Dems                   12

SNP                            49
Green                          1
Irish+Plaid+Others    21

bold actual results - and if the seats had been on a vote count - Labour would have been 260 & Tories 272 MPs

Post up your predicted numbers or I don't believe it