Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

So you have a millionaire ex banker. A millionaire asset manager. A millionaire property developer and a millionaire financial journalist. Really sticking up for the people. Anybody even considering voting for these twats should have their vote taken off them. 

8 hours ago, Herman said:

So you have a millionaire ex banker. A millionaire asset manager. A millionaire property developer and a millionaire financial journalist. Really sticking up for the people. Anybody even considering voting for these twats should have their vote taken off them. 

Ever tried to get into politics without money Herman? It's not possible.

Even the Greens have millionaire backing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Herman said:

It's a good thing they're millionaires -- Unlike many in the Labour and Lib-Dum parties, they won't be so open to bribes 😜

3 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Ever tried to get into politics without money Herman? It's not possible.

Even the Greens have millionaire backing.

I think you miss the point. Very rich elites complaining about the elites and a politician of over 20 years complaining about career politicians has a certain stench to it.

Now, have they come up with a sensible plan for the UK to leave the EU, that isn't just ripping up 40 odd years of close cooperation, treaties, agreements etc.?

News today is that they have problems finding backers with money and that newly announced German passport holder and millionaire Farrage is not paying out his EU earned lazy dosh to fund his newest hobby horse.

farrage, the spokesperson for all fishermen failed to attend 42 out of 45 meetings of the fisheries committee, making sure he took the perks for it though, and he failed to inure himself to his fellow MEP's by being an obnoxious rant.

Now he wants more of our EU taxes to shout off his mouth?

BTW. he failed to register the real Brexit party site, this is it.

https://thebrexitparty.com/

• Like 1

On 13/04/2019 at 17:56, Herman said:

Now, have they come up with a sensible plan for the UK to leave the EU, that isn't just ripping up 40 odd years of close cooperation, treaties, agreements etc.?

Ahem. Any plans or policies that don't risk the economy of us and our friend's countries?

We've got democracy already. That's what has been going on in parliament. Now please, what is the plan for leaving the EU. Soundbites and rubbish memes is not going to do anything. 

We are unprepared for the danger our future holds. We face floods, wildfires, extreme weather, crop failure, mass migration and the breakdown of society. The time for denial is over. It is time to act. 

Conventional approaches of voting, lobbying, petitions and protest have failed because powerful political and economic interests prevent change. Our strategy is therefore one of non-violent, disruptive civil disobedience – a rebellion. 

Historical evidence shows that we need the involvement of 3.5% of the population to succeed – in the UK that’s about 2 million people.

Edited by Van wink

With all due respect, Van Winkerton, you've picked the wrong thread to promote Enviro Loon Mobs 😀

Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party is polling on 27%, nearly double the vote share of the Conservative Party. The 12% jump is sending a shockwave around Westminster… 👍

brexit-yougov.png?w=540&ssl=1

Farage: EU Elections Will Herald a ‘New Future for British Democracy’

Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage has said EU elections will mark the beginning of a new era in British politics and told MEPs in the European Parliament, “I’m coming back. In fact, lots and lots of us are coming back.”

“The Brexit Party will sweep the board at these elections,” Mr Farage told his colleagues in Strasbourg on Tuesday.

“There is only one way to stop it and that is if the governing party of Mrs May and the Opposition of Mr Corbyn come together and agree to a permanent Customs Union and indeed effectively membership of the Single Market.

“If that happens the Brexit Party won’t win the European Parliament elections, but it will win the general election because the betrayal will be so complete and utter.”

Recent polling revealed that both the Brexit Party and UKIP are positioned third and fourth places, behind Labour and the Tories. Despite being ahead, Labour and Conservative MEP candidates are expected to “perform poorly”, according to YouGov, while Open Europe predicts that Tory numbers will be “significantly squeezed” by the new Brexit Party.

The UK was not meant to be taking part in the May 23rd to 26th European Parliament elections, with the country scheduled to leave the EU on March 29th. However, after Prime Minister Theresa May failed to pass her controversial Withdrawal Agreement she sought one extension of Article 50 to April 12th, then a further to October 31st, resulting in the prime minister confirming earlier this month that the UK would be taking part in the EU-wide polls.

EU Election Polls: Establishment Set to ‘Perform Poorly’, 29% Combined Back UKIP, Brexit Party https://t.co/lSn8aE6epL

— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) April 15, 2019

On whether he believed the country would actually leave the EU on Halloween, Mr Farage said, “If it’s left to this appalling prime minister, if it’s left to our politicians in Parliament, I know that this is not going to happen.”

Addressing Eurocrats, the Brexit Party leader said, “In the past, I know I’ve always criticised the power without accountability of senior bureaucrats in Brussels, but for once I have to say, that this mess is not your fault.

“Your position has been clear from the start. The mess is the fault of British politics — where two parties both promised us in their manifestos they would deliver Brexit, who signed up to Article 50 stating we would leave with or without a deal — that is where the betrayal is.”

Mr Farage concluded, “I sense amongst some in my country disillusionment, in others, I sense a burning anger — not one to put on yellow vests to protest but one that says we need a peaceful, political revolution in our country.

“We need to sweep away the two-party system that has let us down very badly, and I think you’re all going to be very surprised by what happens. On May the 23rd, it will be a new future for British democracy and goodness me, it is needed.”

Brexit Party launch LIVE – Farage: I am fighting for a democratic revolution https://t.co/OpNSp7493H

— Breitbart London (@BreitbartLondon) April 12, 2019

“Gone! 

Yesterday tragedy struct as Notre-Dame burnt down. At the same time the last female Yangtze Softshell Turtle died. 

Within 24hrs over €600million has been pledged to rebuild an icon of imagined reality yet the extinction of another species has gone with barely an acknowledgement let alone the pledge of millions of Euros to halt or at least slow the current mass extinction event. 

We place a ridiculously skewed value on objects that are far from essential to our (Humans) survival yet watch as ecosystems rapidly degrade to the point of collapse - at what cost to humanity”

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Herman said:

We've got democracy already. That's what has been going on in parliament. Now please, what is the plan for leaving the EU. Soundbites and rubbish memes is not going to do anything. 

So, Herman, regarding the poll I've posted that suggests the Brexit Party would do incredibly well at the EU elections, why are so many people backing them?

😀👇

Brexit hardliner Nigel Farage burst out laughing in the European Parliament chamber after EU Council President Donald Tusk effectively told Guy Verfhofstaft to re-think his position and speech on Brexit after he said only the former Ukip leader could “save” the bloc from being impacted by upcoming European elections. President of the European Council Donald Tusk left Nigel Farage in stitches in the European Parliament after he sent a direct message to Guy Verhofstadt. During his speech, the European Parliament’s Brexit coordinator, Mr Verfostaft, said that only Nigel Farage can save the bloc from Brexit “poisoning” the upcoming European elections. At the very end of his speech in the chamber, Mr Tusk claimed this was enough for Mr Verhofstadt to re-think his position.

1 hour ago, Jools said:

So, Herman, regarding the poll I've posted that suggests the Brexit Party would do incredibly well at the EU elections, why are so many people backing them?

Because a percentage of British people are incredibly thick. I saw a video of a pair of orange idiots, who had flown in from their home in Benidorm, to get to the Brexit Farty's launch. Do they have the intelligence to realise being a member of the EU makes it easier for them to retire in Spain??

25 minutes ago, Herman said:

Because a percentage of British people are incredibly thick. I saw a video of a pair of orange idiots, who had flown in from their home in Benidorm, to get to the Brexit Farty's launch. Do they have the intelligence to realise being a member of the EU makes it easier for them to retire in Spain??

Good grief, Herman, you're way too simplistic.

They don't come more Lefty than George Galloway, so allow him to explain why people are backing the Brexit Party:

I can't honestly be bothered with your idiocy anymore. George feckin Galloway, jeez.  Adios, au revoir, wiedersehn.

• Haha 1

Adios au revoir widersehen? are you saying good bye to the new German passport holder Nigel Farrage?  UKIP new Brex**** party has no plans on how to conduct themselves in Europe, nevermind any policies for the UK to make ends meet.

Why are they standing for the EU Parliament they so thoroughly don't agree with? Sinn Fein at least has got principles when it does not attend the two party machine here, but UKIP  and lazy Farrage regard sitting in the EU and disrupting much of their proceedings, as money for ol rope.

If they had any principles they would abstain after their fraudulent first referendum campaign, but once you got rubber for spines you can only be a bender.

• Like 1