Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

What a coward.🤣🤣🤣

More you say......

Edited by Herman
  • Haha 1

On 02/11/2019 at 07:54, Herman said:

Good. Let's hope the LibDems win and throw Brexit in with the rubbish with all the other uselss crap we don't need.

The Lib Dems chance of winning are zero. If people fail to vote tactically, all the Lib Dems will do is to ensure that Johnson and the Tories are returned. 

Internal Lib Dem politics got us in this mess in the first place (Clegg supporting a euro-sceptic party into govt, against the wishes of many who voted for it) - it is ironic that they are prepared to sacrifice our continuing membership of the EU in order to regain the votes that they lost as a consequence of this betrayal.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

9 and half thousand people voted. That's a lot more than the 506 in the Workington survey.  🤣

In all fairness, the size of the sample is irrelevant: it is how representative it is of the population as a whole. Newspaper surveys are notoriously unrepresentative and frankly the survey means nothing.

I don't know the source of RTB/ Jools' survey, so it is difficult to know how seriously to take it.

1 minute ago, Badger said:

In all fairness, the size of the sample is irrelevant: it is how representative it is of the population as a whole. Newspaper surveys are notoriously unrepresentative and frankly the survey means nothing.

I don't know the source of RTB/ Jools' survey, so it is difficult to know how seriously to take it.

If you actually read the article you will see that the graphic is incorrect.

Will Jools have to change his Avatar now that D-NF is just going to be the "power behind the whatsit"?

Who is the new face of "proper Brexit" Nuttall, maybe not with his UKIP background. Not Blaiklok after her anti Islam speech.

Aha, I have it

Image result for images of Tim Martin

And if Corbyn is Steptoe, what is this pillock called, "wannabe"?

26 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I would suspect it is the graphic rather than the report that is wrong.

Having relatives in the Sunderland area my thoughts would be that the majority up there would be dissapointed that we still havent left the EU.

50 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Will Jools have to change his Avatar now that D-NF is just going to be the "power behind the whatsit"?

Who is the new face of "proper Brexit" Nuttall, maybe not with his UKIP background. Not Blaiklok after her anti Islam speech.

Aha, I have it

Image result for images of Tim Martin

And if Corbyn is Steptoe, what is this pillock called, "wannabe"?

Is it Noddy Holder ?

serveimage.jpg.a4152183e9ff94341312720f7b6df6ae.jpg

Edited by MooreMarriot

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

I would suspect it is the graphic rather than the report that is wrong.

Having relatives in the Sunderland area my thoughts would be that the majority up there would be dissapointed that we still havent left the EU.

Yes, it must be the graphic that is wrong.🤣

(It could be that she wrote her article before the poll had finished and missed nearly 7k voters.)

42 minutes ago, Herman said:

Yes, it must be the graphic that is wrong.🤣

(It could be that she wrote her article before the poll had finished and missed nearly 7k voters.)

You may well be right Hermy, one of them is up the creek. My money is that it’s the graphic, based on my knowledge of the thoughts of a few relatives up there, a very very small sample size, what are you basing your assumption on ?

1 hour ago, MooreMarriot said:

Is it Noddy Holder ?

serveimage.jpg.a4152183e9ff94341312720f7b6df6ae.jpg

Noddy will be coming out of his cave shortly to pick up his Christmas bonus.

3 hours ago, Badger said:

The Lib Dems chance of winning are zero. If people fail to vote tactically, all the Lib Dems will do is to ensure that Johnson and the Tories are returned. 

Internal Lib Dem politics got us in this mess in the first place (Clegg supporting a euro-sceptic party into govt, against the wishes of many who voted for it) - it is ironic that they are prepared to sacrifice our continuing membership of the EU in order to regain the votes that they lost as a consequence of this betrayal.  

I get your antipathy towards the LibDems but currently they are not the enemy. Only Johnson and his gang of crooks are. We need to work together to get rid of them.  The LibDems have a great chance to get rid of the tories in the south and west and other small pockets. Labour have a chance to beat off the Tories in the north. Scotland has gone for them. London is one place where both need to work together to stop dilution of votes.

I'm voting tactically, because LibDems would need a record breaking swing in my area and I think a lot will do the same.

PS. No, LibDems won't win, i wasn't too serious.

PPS. Nick Clegg has less integrity than Farage.

5 hours ago, ricardo said:

Quite probably - but if it's not sourced there isn't any real point in reading it as a source of information - it could be complete garbage. 

1 hour ago, Herman said:

I get your antipathy towards the LibDems but currently they are not the enemy. Only Johnson and his gang of crooks are. We need to work together to get rid of them.  The LibDems have a great chance to get rid of the tories in the south and west and other small pockets. Labour have a chance to beat off the Tories in the north. Scotland has gone for them. London is one place where both need to work together to stop dilution of votes.

I'm voting tactically, because LibDems would need a record breaking swing in my area and I think a lot will do the same.

PS. No, LibDems won't win, i wasn't too serious.

PPS. Nick Clegg has less integrity than Farage.

The Lib Dems may not be the enemy but they have to take their share of blame for the damaging austerity and the referendum vote that imo was influenced by it. Certainly they betrayed many of their supporters and frankly, I don't think that I could vote for them again (I have in the past - they were more far radical than the Labour Party at times).

I will vote tactically. I live in Norwich South and the tactical voting site, I found recommends voting Labour, which I shall do. However, I will do so "holding my nose" because of the issue of antisemitism within the party. I didn't vote labour in the Euro elections but want to do my bit to prevent a Johnson majority.

The irony is, that as a Remain voter, I accepted the referendum as lost and thought that we should leave with a sensible deal. I feel deeply conflicted by the whole sphere of politics atm and find it even harder than usual to have any belief in any of the major parties. 

16 minutes ago, Badger said:

The Lib Dems may not be the enemy but they have to take their share of blame for the damaging austerity and the referendum vote that imo was influenced by it. Certainly they betrayed many of their supporters and frankly, I don't think that I could vote for them again (I have in the past - they were more far radical than the Labour Party at times).

I will vote tactically. I live in Norwich South and the tactical voting site, I found recommends voting Labour, which I shall do. However, I will do so "holding my nose" because of the issue of antisemitism within the party. I didn't vote labour in the Euro elections but want to do my bit to prevent a Johnson majority.

The irony is, that as a Remain voter, I accepted the referendum as lost and thought that we should leave with a sensible deal. I feel deeply conflicted by the whole sphere of politics atm and find it even harder than usual to have any belief in any of the major parties. 

http://cv.democracyclub.org.uk/show_cv/5364

Would make a good constituency MP

13 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

No truth. As usual Swindon just repeats a lie. He's an idiot. 😀

Is he going to reduce the armed forces ? Is he pushing for an open border ? Did Labour last time spend all the money ? And he doesn't support the Queen !   Please explain why there's 'No truth'  

18 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

506 people interviewed online in a constituency of 60,000.

I don't think Labour will be panicking about that level of surveying.

Why not? National polls are usually sampled around 1,200 persons

14 hours ago, Herman said:

Oh, those Russians.🤣

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/labour-asks-about-dominic-cummings-years-working-in-russia-vl6d0w62z

Dominic Cummings, the prime minister’s most senior adviser, is facing questions from Labour over his past activities in Russia after a whistleblower came forward to raise “serious concerns” about the three years Cummings spent there after graduating from university.

The whistleblower has approached senior Labour politicians to raise questions about the “relationships” that Boris Johnson’s chief of staff may have developed with people involved in “politics, intelligence and security” when he worked in Russia between 1994 and 1997.

Emily Thornberry, the shadow foreign secretary, has written to her Tory counterpart, Dominic Raab, to ask what level of security clearance Cummings was granted when he joined Johnson in Downing Street in July.

In the letter, which has been copied to Sir Mark Sedwill, the cabinet secretary and national security adviser, as well as the heads of MI5 and MI6, Thornberry asked whether Cummings has been “developed vetted” (DV), which would grant him access to the government’s most sensitive intelligence.

Vetting of people applying to work in government posts involves a detailed interview by security officials looking for anything that might compromise them. The checks involve a review of intelligence databases, personal finances and cross-examination of referees, who could include friends and family.

Thornberry asked whether Cummings's past raises “concerns” about him being granted “access to the highest levels of classified material, or given such high levels of influence over UK government policy”.

She added: “I feel duty-bound to put to you the concerns raised with the Labour front bench by a whistleblower whose motives we have no cause to question.”

A Whitehall source with knowledge of the vetting process said Cummings, who is in overall charge of government strategy, had been awarded DV status by the Cabinet Office. However, the source also claimed that officials still prevent Johnson’s de facto chief of staff from seeing some aspects of government business.

The Cabinet Office said: “We do not comment on individuals’ security clearance.”

The news comes as Downing Street is accused of sitting on a parliamentary report on the security threat posed by Russia to the UK, which examined allegations that Kremlin-sponsored activity distorted the result of the 2016 EU referendum. Cummings masterminded the Vote Leave campaign.

Dominic Grieve MP, chairman of the cross-party intelligence and security committee, said he had expected Johnson to approve publication of the 50-page dossier by last week — and there was now a risk it would not emerge before the general election.

He said: “What has absolutely astonished me is the mendacity of the response from the No 10 press office, which I do take to be linked to Cummings. They have come up with a series of utterly bogus explanations why it can’t be published now, and they really are whopping lies.”

In her letter, Thornberry also asks whether Cummings was questioned about his relationships with members of the group Conservative Friends of Russia, which his Vote Leave co-founder Matthew Elliott had links to.

Elliott attended one of its receptions and went on a 10-day trip to the country organised by the group, which aimed to strengthen relations between Britain and Russia.

However, it was quickly shut down when it emerged that its diplomatic contact at the Russian embassy, Sergey Nalobin, had family ties to Russia’s intelligence agencies. Nalobin later left the UK.

Cummings declined to comment.

I can hear a barrel being scrapped 

5 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

I can hear a barrel being scrapped 

Really? You surprise me, I see a coincidence, and like most In law enforcement I don’t believe in coincidences. 

Especially with Boris burying the report on Russian interference in elections - what is it that he is hiding from the electorate? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-accused-of-burying-report-russian-influence-on-brexit-2019-10

way too many similarities between UK and what happened in US not to be connected .

Edited by Surfer
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Norwich South already has one. 

Norwich North will be interesting. Tactics or parties standing aside could get rid of the incumbent. The oaf in Yarmouth will be trickier to get rid of though. 

14 hours ago, Van wink said:

http://cv.democracyclub.org.uk/show_cv/5364

Would make a good constituency MP

11 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Norwich South already has one. 

Clive Lewis has made mistakes at times and can "shoot from the lip" but he has also imo shown himself to be a person of substance. He was one of only 52 Labour MPs to vote against the idiot decision to trigger article 50 right at the start of the process, a decision which cost him his shadow cabinet post (later restored). Quite a brave decision for a relatively new MP. 

“When I became the MP for Norwich South, I promised my constituents I would be Norwich’s voice in Westminster, not Westminster’s voice in Norwich,” Lewis said.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/feb/08/clive-lewis-quits-shadow-cabinet-over-brexit-bill

2 hours ago, Herman said:

Norwich North will be interesting. Tactics or parties standing aside could get rid of the incumbent. The oaf in Yarmouth will be trickier to get rid of though. 

Yes - she had a very small majority in 2017 (sorry for the poor cut and paste job). However, I confidently predict that the Lib Dems will campaign hard in a seat that they have no hope of winning to increase the chances that Johnson's hard Brexit will go through. Political advantage will outweigh the national interest just as it did in 2010.

Conservative Chloe Smith  

21, 900
  Labour Christopher Jones 21,393 46.6 +13.1
  Liberal Democrat Hugh Lanham 1,480 3.2 -1.1
  Green Adrian Holmes[17] 782 1.7 -2.7
  Pirate Liam Matthews 340 0.7 +0.7
Majority 507 1.1 -9.0
Turnout 45,977 68.7 +1.8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwich_North_(UK_Parliament_constituency)#Elections_in_the_2010s

6 minutes ago, Badger said:

Yes - she had a very small majority in 2017 (sorry for the poor cut and paste job). However, I confidently predict that the Lib Dems will campaign hard in a seat that they have no hope of winning to increase the chances that Johnson's hard Brexit will go through. Political advantage will outweigh the national interest just as it did in 2010.

Conservative Chloe Smith  

21, 900
Majority 507 1.1 -9.0
Turnout 45,977 68.7 +1.8

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwich_North_(UK_Parliament_constituency)#Elections_in_the_2010s

If Labour win Norwich North then Johnson can give up any thought of an overall majority as he needs swing of 3 or 4 points from Labour. Any national swing to Labour would be curtains. 

Edited by Hairy Canary

10 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

On your knees, ****

Did that upset your delicate little ears, you precious flower?

Edited by canarydan23

33 minutes ago, Badger said:

Conservative Chloe Smith  

21, 900
Majority 507 1.1 -9.0
Turnout 45,977 68.7 +1.8

I'd love to see Chloe Smith deseated, she is an awful MP, a signed up pawn to the Tory machine, very much a "what is thy bidding my master" type robot.

I'm struggling to be optimistic, however. Whilst Labour's PPC, Karen Davis, seems a decent candidate I fear she's been at the Kool Aid. Back in the days when I actually used Twitter, she blocked me for the heinous crime in suggesting that there was nothing wrong with a woman's rights campaign group using a council-owned platform in the Haymarket to campaign. They were campaigning against the opening up of female only spaces and sports to trans women, or to use another term, males. After a constituent complained to her and said it was disgraceful that they were allowed to protest there, Karen said she would take up the issue with the council and agree with the complainant. When I piped up and said there was nothing wrong with the campaign, I was promptly blocked by her. So that would be the Labour PPC blocking not only a constituent but a paid up member of her party (albeit very much an inactive paper member at present) because I don't swallow the trans women are women horse sh*t.

Dr Chris Jones was an excellent candidate in 2017, I think we should have given him another run at the seat rather than let a member of the Woke Brigade take aim.

• Like 1