Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 minute ago, paul moy said:

LOL..... Boris has said that he will send a letter........ but they may be waiting a while

Well he'll be spending a while in jail then as to comply with the law, it has to be by 11 tonight. I think what he actually said was we may be waiting a while for a response, which is of course possible but nothing to do with him

7 minutes ago, paul moy said:

LOL..... Boris has said that he will send a letter........ but they may be waiting a while

Bless you moy. 

14 minutes ago, paul moy said:

surely someone can lend him some crayons ?

1 minute ago, Bill said:

surely someone can lend him some crayons ?

Last time I did that, I got half the set back and they all had teeth marks and bits missing.

• Haha 2

The real question is Parliament needs to decide what it wants next week. No more can kicking. Add on a ref and/or CU and it will pass. 

Yes a delay is sensible on those grounds. A GE won't be until February anyway so a ref seems more likely... same timescales. And dont say the civil service haven't been preparing for it.. they have as per all sensible contingencies.

It appears Johnson has been to your local Primary school recently Swin.......doh !

BorisJohnsonPimlico1009-9.jpg?width=1000

• Sad 1

On 18/10/2019 at 16:30, SwindonCanary said:

The good thing in for me is that no matter what the outcome of the vote on Saturday Boris has won. If he wins great, but if he loses then Labour now have no excuse for a general election, so bring it on. 👍

do explain, as you appear to be the only one who thinks that

Good day all round in the end. And capped off with one of the nicest curries under the "shadow" of St Pauls.👍🤣

1 minute ago, Bill said:

It appears Johnson has been to your local Primary school recently Swin.......doh !

BorisJohnsonPimlico1009-9.jpg?width=1000

That is an amazing picture. All the kids calmly listening, one ready to pass an opinion or give an answer and Boris looking utterly bewildered and clearly just had his mind well and truly blown by something these kids see as utterly mundane.

On the plus side, I presume that he decided not to lay the smack down on any of these kids...?

Image result for boris johnson gif rugby

29 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Donald TuskVerified account @eucopresident
FollowFollow @eucopresident
More

The extension request has just arrived. I will now start consulting EU leaders on how to react. #Brexit

Precisely 28 minutes from your post they were waiting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Presumably, as Boris has said he is absolutely resolute in his defiance of negotiating any further delay, the EU could theoretically say..."OK here's an extension until 2080...have that you posh ****".... and he would have to accept that or go back on his promise to the people that he wont negotiate the extension....

Edited by kick it off

On 17/10/2019 at 14:28, Canary Wundaboy said:

Juncker rules out any extension. 
Someone call Noel Edmunds, it’s time for deal or no deal!

oh dear

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

He sends the letter but refuses to sign it !

What a grown up thing to do. That'll teach them.

On 17/10/2019 at 14:33, Canary Wundaboy said:

If it doesn’t pass HoC I don’t think they’ll extend it. I think the EU has lost patience and it’s this or nought. All that hopeful reconsidering talk has disappeared in recent weeks and they just want it over.

I can never fathom why something so simple to grasp has so many adopting such far fetched ideas

6 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

He sends the letter but refuses to sign it !

our very own Machievelli

a cunning plan almost worthy of Baldrick :classic_blink:

17 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

image.thumb.png.4efbde834a071e1d1e45de99f083005c.png

That is a fake. This is the letter he has sent:

Dear EU,

As you know I am bound by law to ask for a Brexit extension until January 31, 2020. I am happy to do that and please take this letter as formal notice of that request.

But I am sure no extension will be needed, or at least certainly not one of three months’ duration. As you know MPs decided today to delay my ability to put to them our carefully renegotiated Withdrawal Agreement. My thanks again for your patience and statesmanship.

To an outsider today’s Commons vote might look like a desperate last-ditch attempt to stop Brexit altogether, by means of endless delaying tactics, because diehard Remainers feared they might lose the substantive vote on our WA.

However those who put forward this motion, and particularly Sir Oliver Letwin, have stated unequivocally that this is not their hidden intention. They simply want to make certain legislation is legally watertight and to have some time to examine our WA.

These are admirable and understandable aims. It is a very fair point that a document as crucial to both our futures should be carefully scrutinised. So starting next week all the necessary steps will be gone through to assure MPs on legalities, and at the same time they can scrutinise the WA.

Once that is done, and I envisage that not taking many days, I will be able to put our WA to MPs and am confident it will be approved. After all, as Sir Oliver said today, once those steps have been taken he will then will vote to pass the WA, and if all the other MPs who voted with Sir Oliver today are as honourable as he is then I should be assured of a majority. This may necessitate a technical delay past October 31, but only a short one. Then we can get down to the serious business of our post-Brexit relationship.

With best wishes,

Boris Johnson

• Like 1

Looks like Boris' other letters are illegal. Padfield precedent. Does Boris fancy the court clerk or something? He is desperate to get in there at every opportunity he gets.

Edited by kick it off

On 18/10/2019 at 16:30, SwindonCanary said:

The good thing in for me is that no matter what the outcome of the vote on Saturday Boris has won. If he wins great, but if he loses then Labour now have no excuse for a general election, so bring it on. 👍

Forgetful Billy said  "do explain, as you appear to be the only one who thinks that"

The next move is to ask the EU for an extension and they have already said they will not extend just for Government to continue, it has to be  something meaningful like a General Election !

12 DAYS TO GO !

9 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

However those who put forward this motion, and particularly Sir Oliver Letwin, have stated unequivocally that this is not their hidden intention. They simply want to make certain legislation is legally watertight and to have some time to examine our WA.

More lies from our closet brexiteer, as

" The Commons voted on Saturday that it would not approve the Brexit deal until all related legislation was passed. MPs were concerned that the legislation would not be passed by 31 October, leaving open the possibility of the UK accidentally crashing out. "

or they didn't trust Johnson's word and so sought a legl means whereby he could not renege on the supposed intention of putting his 'deal' to the vote in parliament and so crash the country out of the EU

the amendment today was actually a reflection of the mistrust 322 MPs have in Johnson... something learned the hard way by 10 DUP MPs

and something many on here need to learn is how brexiteers still continue to spread their misinformation, irrespective of what name they post under

12 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Forgetful Billy said  "do explain, as you appear to be the only one who thinks that"

The next move is to ask the EU for an extension and they have already said they will not extend just for Government to continue, it has to be  something meaningful like a General Election !

12 DAYS TO GO !

nope, another lie

you can't help yourself can you

racism and lying, that's you

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, kick it off said:
Donald TuskVerified account @eucopresident
FollowFollow @eucopresident
More

The extension request has just arrived. I will now start consulting EU leaders on how to react. #Brexit

Precisely 28 minutes from your post they were waiting.

LOL..... but he didn't sign it and accompanied it with another letter saying that he does not want an extension.  LOOOOOOLLLLLLOOOOLLLL

19 minutes ago, Bill said:

nope, another lie

you can't help yourself can you

racism and lying, that's you

WAIT AND SEE - YOU'VE BEEN WRONG IN SO MANY WAYS, HERE'S ANOTHER

1 minute ago, paul moy said:

LOL..... but he didn't sign it and accompanied it with another letter saying that he does not want an extension.  LOOOOOOLLLLLLOOOOLLLL

But it's been accepted as a legitimate request whether he signed it or not, and the other letter may well find him in contempt of parliament.... Are you really too thick to work out that the other letter has literally no value other than smoke and mirrors to distract the Brexwit morons from the fact that he has let you down again and done exactly what he swore blind he wouldn't do... again?

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

WAIT AND SEE - YOU'VE BEEN WRONG IN SO MANY WAYS, HERE'S ANOTHER

stop keep lying

you lost - and these folk oppose the bigoyty, racism and hate that you stand for

19922646-7590999-image-a-105_15714885106