Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

7 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Ricardo, rock the boat and van wink, shyster says hi 😁, he’ll be back.

Sorry Frank, I thought you knew him in the real world and didn't realise he was sulking on the Norwich Talk forum.🤣

Every time he posts reply with "Boris Johnson's Surrender Act".🤣🤣

Ricardo has said there won't be a second referendum. 

Probably worth a punt in that case! 

Edited by canarydan23

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Ricardo has said there won't be a second referendum. 

Probably worth a punt in that case! 

Im already on.😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ricardo said:

Farage, the secret Remainer🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Jools's new avatar??

image.thumb.png.57f5158bc8784541b0d5abc6cd5b835e.png

• Haha 2

Can't see how this can go through as things stand, without the DUP on board. Some time to go before Saturday but difficult to see what can be offered to try and get them to shift. 

lot of arm twisting and bribery coming up in the next two days to try and get it through.

20 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

SwindonCanary

• SwindonCanary
  • Members
  • 8,420 posts
John Watson 18 Sep 2019

The Remainers will do anything to scupper Brexit and it is clear from Boris's recent trip to Luxembourg that we are best off out of that globalist cabal.

What the Remainers do not understand, beyond idiot slogans like the 'People's Vote,' is that EU will do away with the monarchy.  Do away with our currency and merge our armed forces into the EU's army.  Finally, because our armed forces would be under the control of Brussels, the EU would also take control of our nukes.  Guess who would have their finger on the button?  The most powerful country in the EU i.e. Germany.

All this and not a single shot fired.  We prevailed in WWI and WWII the Remainers are determined to give it all away

Nonsense about the army. Scaremongering for the terminally dim so not surprising you've bought into it. The Euro has been going for 20 years now - can you confirm if we've been forced to get rid of our currency thus far? If the answer is no, then clearly that is also nonsense too.

As for the monarchy - that increases my desire to remain even further. Useless parasites with no place in modern society. I'd be delighted if the Eu got rid of those cretins.

Edited by kick it off

On 16/10/2019 at 08:19, Surfer said:

For a political party (or company) set up to promote just one policy - Brexit - the BP leaders who have never been shy of any media attention over the past few years, are being awfully quiet? 

And so he speaks: thank goodness as this is the Brexit Party thread and not a reprise of the now defunct EU thread 🙂 

Nigel Farage says he’d rather have another extension and election than back Boris’ ‘dreadful’ Brexit deal

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/10156779/nigel-farage-says-hed-rather-another-election-than-boris-deal/

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/nigel-farage-says-he-would-support-eu-extension-over-brexit-deal-1-6327841

I'm glad he's at least clear that this proposal "is not BREXIT", so give us an extension. He clearly wants a GE.

Edited by Surfer

57 minutes ago, Surfer said:

And so he speaks: thank goodness as this is the Brexit Party thread and not a reprise of the now defunct EU thread 🙂 

Nigel Farage says he’d rather have another extension and election than back Boris’ ‘dreadful’ Brexit deal

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/brexit/10156779/nigel-farage-says-hed-rather-another-election-than-boris-deal/

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/nigel-farage-says-he-would-support-eu-extension-over-brexit-deal-1-6327841

I'm glad he's at least clear that this proposal "is not BREXIT", so give us an extension. He clearly wants a GE.

Brexit deal.jpg

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Every one repeating a post from a while ago, I only wish I had the knowledge to go back and get some remainers posts !

You cannot do it because you have the brain the size of a pea and you are a FVCKWIT to boot.

15 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Every one repeating a post from a while ago, I only wish I had the knowledge to go back and get some remainers posts !

I can guarantee you it won't be as utterly retarded as that nonsense about the EU getting rid of the monarchy, forcing us to take the Euro (though that's a plus in my opinion) and stealing our nukes (though we shouldn't have any anyway). 

I cannot get my head around how utterly stupid you would have to be to swallow that complete horsesh*t. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I can guarantee you it won't be as utterly retarded as that nonsense about the EU getting rid of the monarchy, forcing us to take the Euro (though that's a plus in my opinion) and stealing our nukes (though we shouldn't have any anyway). 

I cannot get my head around how utterly stupid you would have to be to swallow that complete horsesh*t. 

Why would you want to join the Euro?

Blimey, it's been 'All Numpties Day' on here since lunch time

As it stands it is 288 Tories versus 362.

So that requires Bertie to not only hang on to all of his lot (ERG) but also win over around 30 plus of the latter.......with a far, far worse deal than May ever offered.

The letter requesting an extension will be sent and, baring anything completely unexpected, that extension will be granted.

And what most of the last ten hours have shown, is why we have the mess we have at the moment. Ill informed drivel has been regurgitated in the desperate hope that it might just bring about the idiotic nonsense that has been sold to them. It won't..

When even Farage can see what I have stated about this 'deal', then brexiteer nutters should be asking themselves just how stupid are they that they can't see through it.

3 hours ago, Hairy Canary said:

Can't see how this can go through as things stand, without the DUP on board. Some time to go before Saturday but difficult to see what can be offered to try and get them to shift. 

lot of arm twisting and bribery coming up in the next two days to try and get it through.

so if all the DUP vote with Bertie that leaves

Tories 298, Remain (minus SF) 244

yep, that will do it 🤪

deal falls

3035.jpg?width=940&quality=45&auto=forma

Edited by Bill

56 minutes ago, Bill said:

so if all the DUP vote with Bertie that leaves

Tories 298, Remain (minus SF) 244

yep, that will do it 🤪

deal falls

Agreed, assuming the DUP do actually come on board....

Conservative 288 plus DUP 10 = 298 

Total 650, less 7 Sin Fien and 1 Speaker  = 642

642 - 298  = 344

298 - 344 = Government "majority" of negative 46 

Where does he get 24 more votes, or 23 plus an abstention from?   

Maybe not such a good idea to have kicked out those Tories from his party.

Edited by Surfer
Duh, corrected the math, he needs additional 24 votes

1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

whilst the old thread was still "alive" it was easy to search for quotes and usernames associated with them

Now, many of the pages can be brought back from the dead, so to speak, using google cache, but it is hit and miss as to what comments you are looking for. If you have a rough idea of the page number, or date of posting, from the old thread, then that can help. Cached pages maybe missing some of the later posts, depending on the time that google decided to make a copy. I´m not any expert in these things, sadly 😞

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/120675-ot-eu-straw-poll/&page=2190.

copy this link into google to search for the page 2190, for example. You can then google search for any other page you want by amending the page number. You need to click on the arrow to the right of the green text and select cached. If google has a copy of the original page, then it should be clickable

Edited by How I Wrote Elastic Man
tried to make information a bit clearer

11 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Agreed, assuming the DUP do actually come on board....

Conservative 288 plus DUP 10 = 298 

Total 650, less 7 Sin Fien and 1 Speaker  = 648 

648 - 298  = 344

298 - 344 = Government "majority" of negative 24 

Where does he get 13 more votes, or 12 plus an abstention from?   

Er........ 650-8=642 not 648.

There's a fair chance that a handful of Labour MPs will vote for a deal - and the 21 ex-Tory MPs may vote for a deal too. Most of them voted for May's Withdrawal Agreement. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Er........ 650-8=642 not 648.

There's a fair chance that a handful of Labour MPs will vote for a deal - and the 21 ex-Tory MPs may vote for a deal too. Most of them voted for May's Withdrawal Agreement. 

As stated above, it needs a shift of 30 or so MPs.

And what ever Lab may vote for that could be cancelled by ERG voting against.

Currently the DUP are against and there is no incentive to give Johnson the slightest sniff of anything given what a totally untrustworthy liae he is - ask the DUP, who have been taken for complete fools.

What has yet to be seen is the full text of this 'deal' and if there is to be any movement after the full picure is known it will be one of reaction to the cutting of employment rights, environmental protection etc

So as it stands the deal will not pass

27 minutes ago, Surfer said:

would that have ensured their support for this 'deal' ?

I think not

and it may even put of Lab MPs

"When the text of a reworked withdrawal agreement was published by the European commission, Arlene Foster’s party issued a more strident statement saying the agreement “drives a coach and horses through the professed sanctity of the Belfast agreement”.

Based on this quote it would seem that he needs the 34 votes as Bill suggested. 

Conservative 288 w/o any DUP = 288 

Total 650, less 7 Sin Fien and 1 Speaker  = 642

642 - 288  = 354

288 - 354 = Government "majority" of negative 66 

Where does he get 34 more votes, or 33 plus an abstention from, there are only 21 ex-Tories ...

Edited by Surfer

3 hours ago, Bill said:

Blimey, it's been 'All Numpties Day' on here since lunch time

As it stands it is 288 Tories versus 362.

So that requires Bertie to not only hang on to all of his lot (ERG) but also win over around 30 plus of the latter.......with a far, far worse deal than May ever offered.

The letter requesting an extension will be sent and, baring anything completely unexpected, that extension will be granted.

And what most of the last ten hours have shown, is why we have the mess we have at the moment. Ill informed drivel has been regurgitated in the desperate hope that it might just bring about the idiotic nonsense that has been sold to them. It won't..

When even Farage can see what I have stated about this 'deal', then brexiteer nutters should be asking themselves just how stupid are they that they can't see through it.

Deluded until the end.

8 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

It’s a one month old tweet that you reposted 20 hours before I quoted. Hardly digging it up. All of it was nonsense a month ago so hard to see what you’re whining about Swindo, it’s not like it’s been disproven by brand new evidence.

Edited by kick it off

It looks like the ERG are capitulating to Johnson's Surrender Act. Going to be very close. 

A day is a long time in politics..... 

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

It looks like the ERG are capitulating to Johnson's Surrender Act. Going to be very close. 

Bertie will still be 30 plus adrift even with every ERG loon on board

and that's before the full details are known

1 hour ago, Herman said:

But the ERG are already counted in the 288 assumed Conservative MP votes for Boris, so he still need to pick up the 34.