Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

The DUP are not onboard. That's what they say! I think he's in a hole and this is his last possible throw of the dice before the letter signing (may be needed anyway with a deal). He hopes to bounce the DUP and most / all of the  (ex) Tories into 'his' deal else loose Brexit completely.'

I think he's lost it !

It is a proposal, not a deal. That requires to agreement of both the EU and the UK.

It seems to be forgotten that the EU have Johnson over a barrel so they can demand what they want knowing that the UK arliament will not pass it - but it supposedly exonorates them from blame.

Johnson is only interest in furthering his time as PM so te next fews days should still be seen in that light.

If the DUP have rejected it then there is a fair chance the ERG will as well.

Good to see all the Remainers accepting the result and looking at all the positives👍

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀🍷🎶

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:
Boris Johnson said this morning that he had secured a 'great new deal' with the European Union

the problems you bigots caused through austerity !

" *EU law on VAT will apply in Northern Ireland.
*UK shall be responsible for collecting VAT and excise. "

dear, oh dear

the EU are taking the pi,ss out of Bertie as there is no way the DUP or ERG will accept that

3 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

The DUP are not onboard. That's what they say! I think he's in a hole and this is his last possible throw of the dice before the letter signing (may be needed anyway with a deal). He hopes to bounce the DUP and most / all of the  (ex) Tories into 'his' deal else loose Brexit completely.'

I think he's lost it !

I  don't blame the DUP for rejecting it, they will have to stay on 5% VAT that the EU force, whilst the government have already said products will be reduced !

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Good to see all the Remainers accepting the result and looking at all the positives👍

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀🍷🎶

what result

have you just woke up ?

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

I  don't blame the DUP for rejecting it, they will have to stay on 5% VAT that the EU force, whilst the government have already said products will be reduced !

you haven't a clue have you ?

that is nonsense

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

I think he meant result of the agreement WAKE UP YOURSELF .!

what result ?

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

wakey, WAKEY !

so no result

just a proposal that the stuff you bigots rejected previously

.....................should now be accepted 🙁

god, you get thicker by the day

14 minutes ago, ricardo said:

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀🍷🎶

There's nothing better than throwing away your children and grandchildrens futures. Well done. 

48 minutes ago, Bill said:

yep, that's just the thing the non Tory parties want to do, give Johnson a huge boost just before a GE

any referendum is not dependent upon voting for a deal either

Remain can add it to any bill when it suits, just as they will decide when there is to be a GE

This should act as a reminder to all those who clamour for PR. The HoC is in a situation found in parliaments of minority parties where no single party can make a majority decision without appealing to other smaller parties. Horse-trading and bribery is rife in those Parliaments that adhere to PR systems. For sure there is always a certain amount in any government or opposition but it is far less when you have a majority government which fptp tends to produce. If we were ever to move to PR then Brexit horse-trading would become the norm

Actually Boris' ploy is simply a sign of desperation.

It's was always easy to get a deal with the EU that the DUP won't agree too.

Best news for the EU though is that if this deal likely falls - they can't be blamed! 

I also suspect that if the deal is to just about pass it will almost certainly carry a confirmatory referendum with it  - its probably the only way enough Labour MPs and ex-Tories could hold their noses and vote for it.

NI would clearly be on the way to leaving the Union - that may not be a bad thing or worth dieing in a ditch for anyway!

Scotland will want the same!

oh dear

EU regulations will apply to all goods in Northern Ireland. This means checks at the border.

NI will remain in the UK’s customs territory

on VAT, the plan will maintain the integrity of the single market

it's far worse than May's deals !

and the UK will maintain a border between the two Irelands and collect VAT to hand over to the EU

Edited by Bill

3 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think he's lost it !

I'm not sure the ex-Tories will prove to be a major stumbling block as they (all 21?) voted for May's deal previously. In addition 19 Labour MP's wrote to Junker saying they wish to vote for a deal. Quite reasonably the EU were always unlikely agree an amended deal if they felt it would simply be voted down again in parliament and the letter from the 19 was to try and allay those concerns. There are calls for them to lose the Labour whip if they do vote for the deal.

Much will depend on what the DUP do now that the deal has been agreed and they cannot make any further changes. It's a final yes or no decision for them. Abstaining looks unlikely.

I think it's too close to call but if I had to put money on it I think it will just fail.

"For those of you thinking otherwise my IQ is 125 =above average !"

It doesn't count if you multiply your original score by 5...😂

Apples

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

I'm not sure the ex-Tories will prove to be a major stumbling block as they (all 21?) voted for May's deal previously. In addition 19 Labour MP's wrote to Junker saying they wish to vote for a deal. Quite reasonably the EU were always unlikely agree an amended deal if they felt it would simply be voted down again in parliament and the letter from the 19 was to try and allay those concerns. There are calls for them to lose the Labour whip if they do vote for the deal.

Much will depend on what the DUP do now that the deal has been agreed and they cannot make any further changes. It's a final yes or no decision for them. Abstaining looks unlikely.

I think it's too close to call but if I had to put money on it I think it will just fail.

I think it might just pass - but only with a referendum added - which I've regarded as inevitable for a year now! 

Saturday will tell.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Apples

TRY IT

2 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

If the DUP don't come on board then it will fail. If they agree then I imagine the vote would be very close; Too close to call. One factor that could swing the vote Johnson's way would be if the EU makes it plain that it is either this deal or a No-Deal. If there ever was a chance of the EU agreeing to another extension for more talks then the events of the last few days have definitely ended that. An extension now would only be for a general election.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mr Apples said:

Apples

that assumes he is even capable of that 😆

• Haha 1

Looks like Arlene will not only be wearig baggy draws for her next visit to Downing St but also taking a carrier bag.