Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

14 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I Re posted  A tweet from John Watson maybe it's not all true, but are you going to disagree with the rest of it ?

so why post something you know is a lie ?

Edited by Bill

3 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Congratulations on saying something correct!

But surely you don't need to me to explain the logic? You posit that the London electorate were all-knowing and wise in their election of Boris Johnson. Presumably that same all-knowing, wise electorate were bang on in electing Sadiq Kahn? Congratulations, RTB, you're starting to embrace diversity! I almost feel guilty for thinking you a bit of a daft racist in the past.

I did say in my post that London is lefty territory. Do keep up

Yes let's give the EU a billion a month so they can gift it to countries like Bulgaria. 

Bulgaria who were shouting racist slogans at our English footballers and giving the **** salute. 

When we leave we can stop this nonsense. 

12 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Yes let's give the EU a billion a month so they can gift it to countries like Bulgaria. 

Bulgaria who were shouting racist slogans at our English footballers and giving the **** salute. 

or brexiteer argument as the rest of us would have

and there weren't shouting 'slogans' either

ps what have yiu done with Len ?

5 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

A bit hypocritical don't you think?? 

• Haha 2

9 billion a year to subsidise Northern Ireland and their two million people who have the biggest share of taxpayer funds in the UK PLUS having to frequently bribe them with additional billions. 8 billion a year to stay in. No offence to any NI canaries but Northern Ireland is simply not cost effective and far less beneficial than the eu.

Edited by kick it off

6 hours ago, Surfer said:

The funny thing is that that amendment was by Jacob Rees-Mogg and the ERG. 

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

A bit hypocritical don't you think?? 

Plus obviously pretty stupid as there’s an obvious lack of understanding that this isn’t just about the billions of bribes, it is a perpetual annual cost of 9billion in addition to the bribes, simply to keep NI afloat as their economy is so weak.

6 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

I Re posted  A tweet from John Watson maybe it's not all true, but are you going to disagree with the rest of it ?

Another yes. 

6 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

I did say in my post that London is lefty territory. Do keep up

So it's another knot-tying session from you. Very amusing. 

2 hours ago, kick it off said:

9 billion a year to subsidise Northern Ireland and their two million people who have the biggest share of taxpayer funds in the UK PLUS having to frequently bribe them with additional billions. 8 billion a year to stay in. No offence to any NI canaries but Northern Ireland is simply not cost effective and far less beneficial than the eu.

Yes. Let's give it to Bulgaria instead. 

8 hours ago, Bill said:

or brexiteer argument as the rest of us would have

and there weren't shouting 'slogans' either

ps what have yiu done with Len ?

Oh we seem to have outed an apologist for the racist Bulgarians this morning. Shameful

29 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Ricardo, rock the boat and van wink, shyster says hi 😁, he’ll be back.

He's actually a real human?? 

35 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Nails it!

Irish Times on Brexit.jpg

case of 'wheezy rider'

🎵   born to be m i- i - i - ld  🎵

"Ricardo, rock the boat and van wink, shyster says hi 😁, he’ll be back."

It'll only be a matter of time before the character of Buh reappears with all his green frog nonsense...🤣

Apples

13 hours ago, Bill said:

Tories 288

DUP 10

The rest

guess what ?

Update

Tories 288

The rest

guess what ?

and that's assuming none of the ERG vote against whatever Bertie has cobbled together in the way of a deal

One can only assume that Johnson wasn't watching (when Foreign Secretary) when May had all these issues with the DUP signing up to split the Union. I guess some fools never learn.

Much the same goes for the DUP - a 'hard English Brexit' is inconsistent with Unionism. It's about time too these fools realigned themselves with more moderate parties who would not try to shaft them on the Brexit ideological altar! 

Edited by Yellow Fever

Long way to go even if there is a deal agreed, with or without the DUP.

The whipless Tories have voted for May's deal in the past so may vote for Boris'. Nineteen Labour MP's have indicated they would vote for it. Others may come on board if there is a confirmatory referendum. 

11 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

One can only assume that Johnson wasn't watching (when Foreign Secretary) when May had all these issues with the DUP signing up to split the Union. I guess some fools never learn.

Much the same goes for the DUP - a 'hard English Brexit' is inconsistent with Unionism. It's about time too these fools realigned themselves with more moderate parties who would not try to shaft them on the Brexit ideological altar! 

It amazes me that throughout all this it has hardly been mentioned that the DUP is flagrantly ignoring the wishes of the country it claims to represent. Northern Ireland voted to remain although you would never guess it from the antics of the Pro-Brexit DUP!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Long way to go even if there is a deal agreed, with or without the DUP.

The whipless Tories have voted for May's deal in the past so may vote for Boris'. Nineteen Labour MP's have indicated they would vote for it. Others may come on board if there is a confirmatory referendum. 

yep, that's just the thing the non Tory parties want to do, give Johnson a huge boost just before a GE

any referendum is not dependent upon voting for a deal either

Remain can add it to any bill when it suits, just as they will decide when there is to be a GE

7 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

It amazes me that throughout all this it has hardly been mentioned that the DUP is flagrantly ignoring the wishes of the country it claims to represent. Northern Ireland voted to remain although you would never guess it from the antics of the Pro-Brexit DUP!

in an advisory vote,

the DUP are representing THEIR voters, not NI as a whole

"EU leaders are refusing to negotiate face-to-face with Boris Johnson at today's summit in Brussels, dashing hopes that a Brexit deal could be struck at the meeting.

"Brexit negotiations at 28 [leaders] are not foreseen in the treaty, so we will stick with this treaty reality," a senior EU official said ahead of the gathering of leaders. " 10.30 am 17th Oct

Is it worth Parliament sitting on Saturday ?

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

yep, that's just the thing the non Tory parties want to do, give Johnson a huge boost just before a GE

any referendum is not dependent upon voting for a deal either

Remain can add it to any bill when it suits, just as they will decide when there is to be a GE

I agree that they wouldn't want to give him a boost but they also need to be mindful that they would be accused of delaying Brexit for party political purposes by an Electorate who, by and large are cheesed off with the whole thing and just want it sorted. A Confirmatory referendum is a way forward without giving Johnson all the credit.

No one faction can decide when there is to be a GE. The fixed term act requires 66% of MP's to vote for a GE and that cannot be done without both Labour AND Tory support.  

1 minute ago, Hairy Canary said:

I agree that they wouldn't want to give him a boost but they also need to be mindful that they would be accused of delaying Brexit for party political purposes by an Electorate who, by and large are cheesed off with the whole thing and just want it sorted. A Confirmatory referendum is a way forward without giving Johnson all the credit.

No one faction can decide when there is to be a GE. The fixed term act requires 66% of MP's to vote for a GE and that cannot be done without both Labour AND Tory support.  

delaying something that is not going to happen ?

time you had a check on reality

and one 'faction' can, by calling a vote of no confidence in Bertie

and it might help if you grasp that what is happening is not some 'stumbling from one failing to another' - but will have been worked out way back.... even I suspect to letting Bertie take the blame for brexit ending

So a Johnson - EU deal but no DUP !!! He's going for broke. Meanwhile a Confirmatory Vote on any deal now looks even more likely. Labour whipping for it.

Warning - Ditches ahead!  

Edited by Yellow Fever

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

So a Johnson - EU deal but no DUP !!! He's going for broke. Meanwhile a Confirmatory Vote on any dela now looks even more likely. Labour whipping for it.

Warning - Ditches ahead!  

DUP have been in 10 Downing Street a lot these past couple of days, would Boris have come back with something he knows they would not have got on board with?

With the DUP it's still hard to get the deal through, without them surely it's impossible. Unless, like you say, Boris can win over enough sacked Tories and Labour MPs with the promise of a confirmatory referendum, presumably between the Deal and Remain.

It's an interesting week in store. Boris certainly seems to have hurdled the first obstacle. It may yet prove to be the easiest one he has to get over.