Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

3 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Sadiq Khan did not defeat Boris.

image__1.jpeg

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I don't know if this is the endgame or another hiccup, but of all the surreal aspects of Brexit this is the most revealing. Whether Brexit will happen or not could well depend not on the fundamental issue that should be decisive - is leaving the EU a Good Idea or a Bad Idea - but on whether enough pork-barrel concessions and bribes can be thrown the way of 10 MPs from a dog-in-the-manger fringe party.

Tories 288

DUP 10

The rest

guess what ?

Is Arlene about to burst with excitement, good job she has all those Tenna's stuffed in her knickers, nobody will notice.

Edited by Van wink

51 minutes ago, kick it off said:

So Northern Ireland subsidies due to their **** poor economy costs more than Eu membership for the UK. If the Brexwits are that bothered about saving all that money we give to the EU, couldn't we compromise on staying in the EU and sacking Arlene and her band of merry terrorists off and getting rid of NI out of the UK? The EU has far more benefits than having Northern Ireland attached to us.

Just a thought.

Send a billion a month to the EU or spend a billion in our own provinces. I know which one I would choose.

30 minutes ago, kick it off said:

He says replying to someone who can't be bothered to write a full name.

You can't be bothered to educate yourself on Brexit, so why should anyone be bothered to call you by your full name?

I think I'm well educated on Brexit, that's the reason I VOTED out ! 👍

47 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Sadiq Khan did not defeat Boris.

Congratulations on saying something correct!

But surely you don't need to me to explain the logic? You posit that the London electorate were all-knowing and wise in their election of Boris Johnson. Presumably that same all-knowing, wise electorate were bang on in electing Sadiq Kahn? Congratulations, RTB, you're starting to embrace diversity! I almost feel guilty for thinking you a bit of a daft racist in the past.

20 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I think I'm well bigoted, that's the reason I VOTED brown faces out ! 👍

which I suspect is how most on here see you as

Warren-Mitchell-390255.jpg

Edited by Bill

20 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Of course you think that.

Stupid people think they are clever.

Clever people know they are stupid.

26 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

You can barely spell and put a coherent sentence together, Swindo, so I doubt you’re well educated on anything, mate.

it seems as if Bertie has gained a bit of a lead in the race between him and Trump to see who will be charged with fraud first

" MPs have called for a police investigation into a company run by Jennifer Arcuri, the US businesswoman at the centre of conflict of interest row involving the prime minister, if a government review finds that it used deception to obtain a £100,000 grant. "

“This doesn’t just seem to be technical breaches of the Companies Act or DCMS bidding criteria, but actually obtaining money by deception.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/16/mps-call-for-jennifer-arcuri-company-investigation-hacker-house

Looking more and more like Groundhog day. Johnson may get to agree a deal but one that won't pass the DUP or Parliament. Just perhaps we need a change of approach like rational sensible pragmatic people in charge. No idealists or fantasists needed. It's obvious that a softer deal could easilly pass parliament. I would suggest that's exactly what parliament does on Saturday. May's WA + CU and confirmatory vote. Job done.

Edited by Yellow Fever

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Looking more and more like Groubdhog day. Johnson may get to agree a deal but one that wont pass the DUP or Parliament. Just perhaps we need a change of approach like rational sensible pragmatic people in charge. No idealists or fantasist needed. It's obvious that a softer deal could easilly pass parliament. I would suggest that exactly what parliament does on Saturday. May's WA + CU and confirmatory vote. Job done.

with the cow jumping over the moon to add to the absurdity of it all :classic_laugh:

As has been the case all the way through, any deal we get will be far inferior than the one we already have (Germany ++). It's time for brexiters to grow up, do a bit of research for once and accept this simple fact.

Just now, Bill said:

with the cow jumping over the moon to add to the absurdity of it all :classic_laugh:

I agree it's absurd. If the Tory Party was a business they'd of been fired 3 years ago for utter incompetence.

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

As has been the case all the way through, any deal we get will be far inferior than the one we already have (Germany ++). It's time for brexiters to grow up, do a bit of research for once and accept this simple fact.

and that is why it was never going to happen

1 minute ago, Bill said:

and that is why it was never going to happen

I think the optics tomorrow will be interesting. The EU sounds optimistic... but that's surely so that they can't be easilly blamed. The failure will as ever be the Tories and ERG not having a clue. Have to call a spade a spade.

• Like 1

The failing to build a step ladder to reach the moon is not any failing of those involved,

but a failing of those stupid enough to think it could be built

2 hours ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

You can barely spell and put a coherent sentence together, Swindo, so I doubt you’re well educated on anything, mate.

You can't even write Swindon !

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Can't see me writing anything like that there

SwindonCanary

• SwindonCanary
  • Members
  • 8,420 posts
John Watson 18 Sep 2019

The Remainers will do anything to scupper Brexit and it is clear from Boris's recent trip to Luxembourg that we are best off out of that globalist cabal.

What the Remainers do not understand, beyond idiot slogans like the 'People's Vote,' is that EU will do away with the monarchy.  Do away with our currency and merge our armed forces into the EU's army.  Finally, because our armed forces would be under the control of Brussels, the EU would also take control of our nukes.  Guess who would have their finger on the button?  The most powerful country in the EU i.e. Germany.

All this and not a single shot fired.  We prevailed in WWI and WWII the Remainers are determined to give it all away.

Yes

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I Re posted  A tweet from John Watson maybe it's not all true, but are you going to disagree with the rest of it ?

Yes

Do away with our currency and merge our armed forces are true

And it looks like remainers are trying in courts again !

Edited by SwindonCanary

5 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Can't see me writing anything like that there

or

"What the Remainers do not understand, beyond idiot slogans like the 'People's Vote,' is that EU will do away with the monarchy.  Do away with our currency and merge our armed forces into the EU's army.  Finally, because our armed forces would be under the control of Brussels, the EU would also take control of our nukes.  Guess who would have their finger on the button?  The most powerful country in the EU i.e. Germany.

All this and not a single shot fired.  We prevailed in WWI and WWII the Remainers are determined to give it all away.

Your grasp of the world around you and history appears to not have evolved from a 10 year old's Boy's Own mentality - because aside from the almost child like take on those two events there is a rather disturbing under current of almost fanatical nationalism. One that suggests (and has been evident on here) someone who has neither the capacity to think for himself, nor the ability to see just how stupid the stuff he puts up is.

I expect there are, in the Middle East, a huge number of corpses or bits of them that once were part of deluded fools with the same closed mindset as you have.

You seriously are a very disturbed individual.

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Is that right?

We've been in the EU for decades and we still have our own currency and control over our armed forces. 

Face it Swindon, your delusions keep running into the facts on the ground. 

Edited by Surfer

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

And it looks like remainers are trying in courts again !

no, they are merely examples of the depth of ignorance you trawl

a sad litte man

with nothing to offer but mind numbing stupidity

too far gone to even be thought a parody