Jools

The Positive Brexit Thread

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Absolutely right, I voted leave and my desire was for a soft Brexit, my view was retain the trading relationship but move away from the political integration, and "ever closer union"

Do you mean something like being in the trading bloc but having a veto against any moves to further integrate politically? That sounds like a pretty good deal, doesn't it?! 

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Do you mean something like being in the trading bloc but having a veto against any moves to further integrate politically? That sounds like a pretty good deal, doesn't it?! 

I know the punch line  😀

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Not only did Boris achieve the unimaginable of getting elected by the lefty London elite as Mayor, the good people of that city, taking into account his performance as mayor then went in to elect him for a second term

I think Londoners must have known a bit more than you 

I wonder how much you think they knew when they elected Sadiq Khan? 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Leaving was confirmed in 2016. And what happened to the idea that parliament is sovereign that so many were claiming a couple of weeks ago? Or does a second referendum overide parliament?

Indeed it is. And if Parliament decides to hold a second referendum that is what will happen. 

Your taxi driver accepted the fare, but ran into some issues like roadworks, heavy traffic and where you want to go to now closes at 2 a.m and the fare will have to go up. So yes you all left the club, but he can’t get you to where you want to go to before it closes. So he can either drop you off back at the first club, take you somewhere else or ask you what you want to do .... is that clear enough for you? 

Edited by Surfer

12 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Not only did Boris achieve the unimaginable of getting elected by the lefty London elite as Mayor, the good people of that city, taking into account his performance as mayor then went in to elect him for a second term

I think Londoners must have known a bit more than you 

A lot of people, myself included, fell for the bumbling charm. But then a lot of us, the ones that actually follow politics, rather than just headline reading, soon realised there was little substance to him. And we are still being proven right.

17 minutes ago, Herman said:

A lot of people, myself included, fell for the bumbling charm. But then a lot of us, the ones that actually follow politics, rather than just headline reading, soon realised there was little substance to him. And we are still being proven right.

never once - he was a lying shyster way back who hid his limitations behind a third rate pantomime act

just as a fellow c**t Jeffrey Archer, hid behind a facade of the 'an honest bloke saying it how it is' only his 'how it is

was one of lying, chearing and theft - unsurpringly the gormless still swallowed it all

don't ever under estimate the stupidity of right wingers

22 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Not as good as being in the trading block but outside of the union.

38 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I know the punch line  😀

Is this it?

Area Nice Lisbon Reference
Initiatives of the High Representative for Foreign Affairs Unanimity QMV following unanimous request 15b TEU
Rules concerning the Armaments Agency Unanimity QMV 28D§2 TEU
Freedom to establish a business Unanimity QMV 50 TFEU
Self-employment access rights Unanimity QMV 50 TFEU
Freedom, security and justice – cooperation and evaluation Unanimity QMV 70 TFEU
Border checks Unanimity QMV 77 TFEU
Asylum Unanimity QMV 78 TFEU
Immigration Unanimity QMV 79 TFEU
Crime prevention incentives Unanimity QMV 69c TFEU
Eurojust Unanimity QMV 69d TFEU
Police cooperation Unanimity QMV 69f TFEU
Europol Unanimity QMV 69g TFEU
Transport Unanimity QMV 71§2 TFEU
European Central Bank Unanimity QMV (in part) 129 TFEU, 283 TFEU
Culture Unanimity QMV 151 TFEU
Structural and Cohension Funds Unanimity QMV 161 TFEU
Organisation of the Council of the European Union Unanimity QMV 201b TFEU
European Court of Justice Unanimity QMV 245, 224a, 225a TFEU
Freedom of movement for workers Unanimity QMV 46 TFEU
Social security Unanimity QMV 48 TFEU
Criminal judicial cooperation Unanimity QMV 69a TFEU
Criminal law Unanimity QMV 69b TFEU
President of the European Council election (New item) QMV 9b§5 TEU
Foreign Affairs High Representative election (New item) QMV 9e§1 TEU
Funding the Common Foreign and Security Policy Unanimity QMV 28 TEU
Common defense policy Unanimity QMV 28e TEU
Withdrawal of a member state (new item) QMV 49a TEU
General economic interest services Unanimity QMV 16 TFEU
Diplomatic and consular protection Unanimity QMV 20 TFEU
Citizens initiative regulations Unanimity QMV 21 TFEU
Intellectual property Unanimity QMV 97a TFEU
Eurozone external representation Unanimity QMV 115c TFEU
Sport Unanimity QMV 149 TFEU
Space Unanimity QMV 172a TFEU
Energy Unanimity QMV 176a TFEU
Tourism Unanimity QMV 176b TFEU
Civil protection Unanimity QMV 176c TFEU
Administrative cooperation Unanimity QMV 176d TFEU
Emergency international aid Unanimity QMV 188i TFEU
Humanitarian aid Unanimity QMV 188j TFEU
Response to natural disasters or terrorism (new item) QMV 188R§3 TFEU
Economic and Social Committee QMV QMV 256a TFEU
Committee of the Regions Unanimity QMV 256a TFEU
Economic and Social Committee Unanimity QMV 256a TFEU
The EU budget Unanimity QMV 269 TFEU

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

Brexiters still proving they're not the brightest. The goofy ****.

this one looks like they are being led back down the hill

............. or is it up the garden path 😆

hard to tell really

11073444-6816733-The_March_To_Leave_walk

On 28/08/2019 at 10:25, Jools said:

It’s being reported that Boris is set to prorogue parliament from 11th September, thereby preventing MPs from being able to table a vote of no confidence before the Brexit deadline. The move, which is certain to infuriate Remain MPs, will be difficult to challenge in court as it is standard practice for the purpose of a bog standard new Queen’s Speech. A new Queen’s Speech will be scheduled for 14th October, when Parliament will return with no time to stop No Deal…

The move, agreed to in secret, was set to be unveiled at this afternoon’s Privy Council meeting, where three privy More on this as we get it…councillors (led by Jacob Rees Mogg) will ask the Queen for a prorogation in council for 9th September.

"will be difficult to challenge in court "

"when Parliament will return with no time to stop No Deal…"

oh dear

oh dearie, dear me 🤣

Bertie has another bright idea - ID cards for voting

Hooray, I hear you all cry

apart from one dissenting voice

• Like 1

So Northern Ireland subsidies due to their **** poor economy costs more than Eu membership for the UK. If the Brexwits are that bothered about saving all that money we give to the EU, couldn't we compromise on staying in the EU and sacking Arlene and her band of merry terrorists off and getting rid of NI out of the UK? The EU has far more benefits than having Northern Ireland attached to us.

Just a thought.

Edited by kick it off

Bad news for forgetful Bill. 

Hopes are growing that a potential Brexit deal is on the verge of being announced after it was claimed the Northern Ireland consent issue has been resolved by EU and UK negotiators.

The claim was made just after 6pm Irish time and as the EU's chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier began a private briefing with EU member state ambassadors in Brussels.

After days of talks which dragged on into this evening despite initial plans for them to end by this morning, it was widely suggested a form of a deal which could be put to the EU leaders summit on Thursday and Friday has finally been agreed.

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

Hopes are growing that a potential Brexit deal is on the verge of being announced after it was claimed the Northern Ireland consent issue has been resolved by EU and UK negotiators.

The claim was made just after 6pm Irish time and as the EU's chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier began a private briefing with EU member state ambassadors in Brussels.

After days of talks which dragged on into this evening despite initial plans for them to end by this morning, it was widely suggested a form of a deal which could be put to the EU leaders summit on Thursday and Friday has finally been agreed.

How many billions in bribes to the DUP terrorists do you reckon this has cost Swindo?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

and will be rejected by parliament 😂

that's why both sides know they can say whatever they think will avoid them facing any blame accusations

and dimwits like you are still fooled

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

that's why both sides know they can say whatever they think will avoid them facing any blame accusations

I think we've broken him Bill - he can't even parrot idiotic tropes from others now, he just keeps repeating his own name.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

And despised by the electorate   😉

Who'd make best Prime Minister?

Johnson 43% (+2)

Corbyn 21% (-)

Not sure 32% (-2)

Leavers 73-6 for Johnson

Women 38-20 Johnson

18-24 yr olds 32-29 Johnson

Working class 44-17 Johnson

Middle class 42-23 Johnson

London 32-29 Johnson

Even young people now prefer Boris over Corbyn

Just now, kick it off said:

I think we've broken him Bill - he can't even parrot idiotic tropes from others now, he just keeps repeating his own name.

I DON'T REPLY TO SOME WHO CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO WRITE A FULL NAME

Just now, SwindonCanary said:

And despised by the electorate   😉

I don't think you're famous enought to be despised by the electorate Swindo but at least you understand your position is an unpopular one.

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I DON'T REPLY TO SOME WHO CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO WRITE A FULL NAME

He says replying to someone who can't be bothered to write a full name.

You can't be bothered to educate yourself on Brexit, so why should anyone be bothered to call you by your full name?

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kick it off said:

swindo ?

17 minutes ago, kick it off said:

So Northern Ireland subsidies due to their **** poor economy costs more than Eu membership for the UK. If the Brexwits are that bothered about saving all that money we give to the EU, couldn't we compromise on staying in the EU and sacking Arlene and her band of merry terrorists off and getting rid of NI out of the UK? The EU has far more benefits than having Northern Ireland attached to us.

Just a thought.

I don't know if this is the endgame or another hiccup, but of all the surreal aspects of Brexit this is the most revealing. Whether Brexit will happen or not could well depend not on the fundamental issue that should be decisive - is leaving the EU a Good Idea or a Bad Idea - but on whether enough pork-barrel concessions and bribes can be thrown the way of 10 MPs from a dog-in-the-manger fringe party.

• Like 1